• 5(current)
Linux crash when playing content with VDPAU enabled
Be aware that master is an unstable development branch.
If configure fails it makes no sense to execute make. Check the error messages, most likely it complains about a missing package. See READMA.ubuntu for changes and install required packages.

What do you mean with not getting a terminal?
I guess I didn't pay attention to see if configure fails.I'll just look again again to see what I missed on the configure.

When I hit ctrl+alt+F1 my screen goes blank and the TV says no signal. I then hit ctrl+alt+F7 (I think) and it brings me back into XBMC
Living Room: Ubuntu 16.10 x64 | BayTrail-M SOC | Krypton | Hitachi 55L6 | Yamaha RX-V665 | 7.1 Polk Surround
Den: RetroPie 4.1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO XVT553SV
Bedroom: OSMC 2017.02-1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO E370VA
HP Chromebook 14: Ubuntu 16.04 x64 | Celeron 2955U | Jarvis
NAS: Windows 10 | 20TB on DrivePool | Emby DB | Subsonic | Plex
I switched to Unity 2D manager and I dont have any issues with video freezing etc. I tried to fluxbox and it was fine but I couldnt suspend etc from XBMC when running fluxbox.
(2012-06-03, 17:53)VanillaXtract Wrote: I have compiled and installed your build. I was trying to update the source code. But I fixed those errors with:
git fetch --all
git reset --hard origin/master

But now I am having errors at the make install.

xbmc@XBMC:/usr/src/xbmc# sudo make install DESTDIR=$HOME/xbmc
Copying XBMC binary to /root/xbmc/usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin
install: cannot stat `xbmc.bin': No such file or directory
make: *** [install-binaries] Error 1

For some reason I could never install to a DESTDIR, the installation will keep failing at different steps. I just installed to the default location.

(2012-06-03, 19:14)VanillaXtract Wrote: I guess I didn't pay attention to see if configure fails.I'll just look again again to see what I missed on the configure.

When I hit ctrl+alt+F1 my screen goes blank and the TV says no signal. I then hit ctrl+alt+F7 (I think) and it brings me back into XBMC

I will look into this.
Just for curiosity, I am working on windowing on a different branch, also going to fix multi head setups. Then you will be able to iconify full screen xbmc with alt tab. Would this eliminate the need for opening a terminal like you do it now?
(2012-06-03, 19:36)mwahal Wrote:
(2012-06-03, 17:53)VanillaXtract Wrote: I have compiled and installed your build. I was trying to update the source code. But I fixed those errors with:
git fetch --all
git reset --hard origin/master

But now I am having errors at the make install.

xbmc@XBMC:/usr/src/xbmc# sudo make install DESTDIR=$HOME/xbmc
Copying XBMC binary to /root/xbmc/usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin
install: cannot stat `xbmc.bin': No such file or directory
make: *** [install-binaries] Error 1

For some reason I could never install to a DESTDIR, the installation will keep failing at different steps. I just installed to the default location.

try ./configure --prefix=$HOME/xbmc
then normal make install
I got my make to work by disabling pulse and crystalhd. But I installed tonight with DESTDIR = $HOME/xbmc. Then I did a reboot to make sure the everything works properly. When I go to system info it shows a compile date of 4/24. This doesn't seem right to me. If it isn't right, then where did my install get installed to?

I have a XBMCbuntu installation. Do I need to be using DESTDIR or is the default for the builds the same as on a live install?
Living Room: Ubuntu 16.10 x64 | BayTrail-M SOC | Krypton | Hitachi 55L6 | Yamaha RX-V665 | 7.1 Polk Surround
@Vanilla - try launching xbmc from terminal using the $HOME/xbmc/usr/bin/xbmc and see what version you get.

@Fernet - I have moved to Fluxbox and it gives me zero flitches, Unity 2D still had issues with jerky video.
(2012-06-04, 06:35)VanillaXtract Wrote: I have a XBMCbuntu installation. Do I need to be using DESTDIR or is the default for the builds the same as on a live install?

I am also using XBMCbuntu. I do not use DESTDIR when installing. As long as you set "--prefix=/usr" at ./configure time, then it will install over top of current running XBMC.
(2012-06-05, 20:56)typo101 Wrote:
(2012-06-04, 06:35)VanillaXtract Wrote: I have a XBMCbuntu installation. Do I need to be using DESTDIR or is the default for the builds the same as on a live install?

I am also using XBMCbuntu. I do not use DESTDIR when installing. As long as you set "--prefix=/usr" at ./configure time, then it will install over top of current running XBMC.
@typo101:Thanks for the tip.
@mwahal: I get a no such file or directory. I've been building in /usr/src/xbmc. The other problem is I have been unable to bring up a terminal. ctrl+alt+f2 kills video (TV states no signal). This happened after FM's build. And I can't launch xbmc from PuTTY.

I've noticed since using these builds that xbmc will freeze upon resuming from pause. I didn't have this issue before. Not sure if it is caused by upgrading to precise or from FM's build. Any help?

git clone FM + git eden checkout + fluxbox window manager -- gives me excellent video on my GT240 on 12.04 standard installation with Nvidia 295 driver.
is there also a +pvr available?
my master and eden branch are based on pvr.
@FernetMenta
do you also have binaries available (just like dushmaniac)?

If i clone and complie your master i have the new vdpau if and pvr?
Perhaps you would be so kind to mention the steps involved in building this?

thanks!!
Well I don't know what changed. But I can now get to the terminal and I have not had any freezes upon resuming.

@basco The steps for compiling are in the readme. after you clone. Follow the readme.ubuntu then continue with readme.linux.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
crash when playing content with VDPAU enabled1