• 21(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
Hello,

I was using this addon for few days on a really new installation on Raspbmc, but I saw some issues - when I was trying to shutdown my system, either using onscreen controls, xmbc remote on iphone or ssh it restarted each time, instead of shutdown. I have some logs for that issue. Only uninstalling that add-on fixed a problem.
(2013-03-02, 22:13)takoi Wrote: Those lines are normal. Post the entire log instead of guessing what's relevant. I still can't reproduce the memory leaking myself, and I'm still looking for a debug log for it. The "spikes" are also normal for polling. 30% of the <25% of the time it's active is hardy high imo. Xbmc itself 'spike' a lot more than that. There's a whole section about performance in the first post. Set it to "Depth 1" and it will be ~0%

As I said before, XBMC does not spike at all when idle, it only spikes when Watchdog is enabled.
I decied to enable it again yesterday and the system crashed last night, completely froze. I had to do a hard reboot.
The debug log grew to 16MB and xbmclogs and pastebin both crash when trying to upload it. As is stated, the only entries are continuous NEWADDON lines every second for the last hour before it crashes. There is a memory leak and I hope you're able to find it.
(2013-03-03, 12:09)kilobyte Wrote: Hello,

I was using this addon for few days on a really new installation on Raspbmc, but I saw some issues - when I was trying to shutdown my system, either using onscreen controls, xmbc remote on iphone or ssh it restarted each time, instead of shutdown. I have some logs for that issue. Only uninstalling that add-on fixed a problem.
yes please

(2013-03-03, 17:32)Aenima99x Wrote:
(2013-03-02, 22:13)takoi Wrote: Those lines are normal. Post the entire log instead of guessing what's relevant. I still can't reproduce the memory leaking myself, and I'm still looking for a debug log for it. The "spikes" are also normal for polling. 30% of the <25% of the time it's active is hardy high imo. Xbmc itself 'spike' a lot more than that. There's a whole section about performance in the first post. Set it to "Depth 1" and it will be ~0%

As I said before, XBMC does not spike at all when idle, it only spikes when Watchdog is enabled.
I decied to enable it again yesterday and the system crashed last night, completely froze. I had to do a hard reboot.
The debug log grew to 16MB and xbmclogs and pastebin both crash when trying to upload it. As is stated, the only entries are continuous NEWADDON lines every second for the last hour before it crashes. There is a memory leak and I hope you're able to find it.

I didn't mean to imply that it does not the amount of cpu you say if that's what you mean. Polling over network (I still don't know if that's what you're using) is not free. But the spikes are sampled values over time, which in turn happens in intervals. And like I said: there are settings for improving performance. But what was the point again?
As for the logs, upload to file hosting site. Or take the first 1mb or something. All I know so far is that it's not leaking on linux to linux over samba.
(2013-03-03, 19:50)takoi Wrote:

yes please

(2013-03-03, 17:32)Aenima99x Wrote:

I didn't mean to imply that it does not the amount of cpu you say if that's what you mean. Polling over network (I still don't know if that's what you're using) is not free. But the spikes are sampled values over time, which in turn happens in intervals. And like I said: there are settings for improving performance. But what was the point again?
As for the logs, upload to file hosting site. Or take the first 1mb or something. All I know so far is that it's not leaking on linux to linux over samba.

Sorry if I came off rude, just hope to get this resolved. Please let me know if I can give you any other info.
I've got it set to Auto in the settings. I'm using NFS on Ubuntu. I did try setting it to 1 for the depth, but it didn't seem to be picking up any files.
Directory structure is Media/Movies/movie folder and Media/TV/TV Show.
Beginning of log file - http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1956
End of Log file - http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1957 (the log file actually cut of like that, this is where the system crashed)

yes please

Of course. Logs, where I call my Pi to shutdown is:
Logs for shutdown

And logs, after restart, maybe they will be helpfull:
Logs after restart

If you need another invocation of shutdown method (via XMBC remote) please give me know.

Piotrek
(2013-03-03, 12:09)kilobyte Wrote: Sorry if I came off rude, just hope to get this resolved. Please let me know if I can give you any other info.
I've got it set to Auto in the settings. I'm using NFS on Ubuntu. I did try setting it to 1 for the depth, but it didn't seem to be picking up any files.
Directory structure is Media/Movies/movie folder and Media/TV/TV Show.
Beginning of log file - http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1956
End of Log file - http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1957 (the log file actually cut of like that, this is where the system crashed)

Too short, or the addon is disabled at this point. Xbmc haven't event tried starting it yet.

(2013-03-03, 20:54)kilobyte Wrote:

yes please

Logs for shutdown

Logs after restart

If you need another invocation of shutdown method (via XMBC remote) please give me know.

Piotrek

You sure it' wasn't a one time thing? Looks like successful shutdown to me. (though, you have cut the log and you haven't enabled debug logging)
(2013-03-03, 21:03)takoi Wrote: Too short, or the addon is disabled at this point. Xbmc haven't event tried starting it yet.

More - http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1970
(2013-03-03, 20:54)kilobyte Wrote:
(2013-03-03, 19:50)takoi Wrote: yes please

Logs for shutdown

Logs after restart

Piotrek

You sure it' wasn't a one time thing? Looks like successful shutdown to me. (though, you have cut the log and you haven't enabled debug logging)
[/quote]

Nope, I have another set of logs, where there is exactly the same issue. It was like this for few days, before I started to make a case of this. And as I couldn't find anything in logs I've started to disable all addons. And only disabling this one I've seen any change. After disabling it started to work as it should.
Hello,
i have an problem with the addon library watchdog 0.7.2, the actualy nightly xbmc, mysql 5.5 and windows 8.

XBMC crashes with Runtime Error! C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe
This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusualy way.
Please contact the applications support theam for more information.

The same failure comes, when i try to close xbmc.

When i disable the addon, everything is ok.

I have the addon "the scheduler" with the "library watchdog" in combi.

i think, thats the problem
Yes, the failure is the addon "the scheduler" with the "library watchdog" in combi.

When i disable one of this addon, xbmc works

This is the failure code:
13:49:57 T:3660 ERROR: XBPyThread:Confusedtop - script C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.scheduler\default.py didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
Ok,
it works with the skin widget addon 0.23
I am trying to use watchdog in a Windows 7 x32 VM on a ESXi server.
I use samba shares with mapped drives and a MySQL database.
Watchdog is removing movies from the database fine however when I try to add movies to a monitored directory it is not working.
I had this working on a previous VM, but am unable to replicate on my new server.
The only difference I can think of is on my new server I had to disable VT-d.
In the log posted below I remove (2) movies from my database and then add them back to the directory.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2725

Any help is appreciated.
-Joey
Hi. I don't know if it was asked before. Could you customize notification so when the new media is added to the library, it shows the titles in notification?

Tnx
I've just updated to frodo and watchdog doesn't seem to be working for me now. Is there a yrning I have to do to set this up. The version I have now seems a little different from the version I ran under Eden
(2013-03-04, 02:37)Aenima99x Wrote:
(2013-03-03, 21:03)takoi Wrote: Too short, or the addon is disabled at this point. Xbmc haven't event tried starting it yet.
More - http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1970
Please see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157233&page=2

(2013-03-07, 05:11)josephmaguire Wrote: I am trying to use watchdog in a Windows 7 x32 VM on a ESXi server.
I use samba shares with mapped drives and a MySQL database.
Watchdog is removing movies from the database fine however when I try to add movies to a monitored directory it is not working.
I had this working on a previous VM, but am unable to replicate on my new server.
The only difference I can think of is on my new server I had to disable VT-d.
In the log posted below I remove (2) movies from my database and then add them back to the directory.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2725

Any help is appreciated.
-Joey
Fixed in upcoming v0.7.3
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4