• 9(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
I see. Mysql users must use smb paths also for local files. Did not realize that. The problem is that this addon can't see samba shares. Allowing custom paths in the addon would of course solve this, but

You could also try this: (but please backup before you do)
1. Add M:\movies as a media new source
2. Make sure to enable "Exclude path from library updates".

This way xbmc should only look at the smb path, but the local path be available to the addon.
perfect!

i added a new source named "Watchdog (Movies)", pointed it to both M:\Movies and N:\Movies - set the scraper to Movies and told it to exclude from updates. I did the same for TV shows and called it "Watchdog (TV Shows)" and also excluded that from library updates.

Performed a bunch of testing - dropping in files, removing etc. works perfectly.

thanks again man. much appreciated!
Is there a way I can get this to scan my movie directory but not my TV show directory?

When SickBeard has finished processing it updates that show via XBMC. If I enable watchdog it will see the modify time/date and rescan my video library every time it had downloaded a TV show which means it will fire up all 5 TV Show hard drives and 11 movie hard drives in my unRAID servers when there is no need to.

Im running Openelec Frodo Alpha 7 and is trying out Library watchdog. I have mounted two NFS shares from my NAS, and is using polling. Updates are immediatly, so far so god. The only problem is that everytime it runs an update it adds multiple instanses of both new and existent movies and tv shows. It seems to stop at 3, so i have 3 of each movie in my library =P. How can i prevent multiple instances?

Tip: In frodo you could choose to disable the on screen notification that library update is running.
cant seem to get this working i have a nas box box which is mounted as being drive h. Ive got a media source added in xbmc called tv which points to H:\TV i have the library watchdog set to polling with clean files being enabled yet none of the functions seem to work
(2012-10-28, 14:11)T800 Wrote: Is there a way I can get this to scan my movie directory but not my TV show directory?

When SickBeard has finished processing it updates that show via XBMC. If I enable watchdog it will see the modify time/date and rescan my video library every time it had downloaded a TV show which means it will fire up all 5 TV Show hard drives and 11 movie hard drives in my unRAID servers when there is no need to.
xbmc doesn't separate tv/movies like it does with video/music so it's as trivial. It's a very odd request because isn't the whole point of this addon to keep the library in sync? Also, you might want to check your severer because all those drives spinning up is definitely not normal. If there's no changes to the file system, it should all be cache and this addon should work while keeping your drives spun down.

(2012-10-31, 22:18)hjalmad Wrote: Im running Openelec Frodo Alpha 7 and is trying out Library watchdog. I have mounted two NFS shares from my NAS, and is using polling. Updates are immediatly, so far so god. The only problem is that everytime it runs an update it adds multiple instanses of both new and existent movies and tv shows. It seems to stop at 3, so i have 3 of each movie in my library =P. How can i prevent multiple instances?

Tip: In frodo you could choose to disable the on screen notification that library update is running.
This addon does not touch the db so that must be a problem with xbmc. You are using alpha you know:)

So is there anyway for this to work with windows smb shares? As someone suggested, i mounted my smb share "F:/User" in the xbmc (raspberry pi xbian) by going to "system/file manager/add sources/add network location". After this i added two folders as media sources, "F:/User/Movies" for movies and "F/User/Tv Shows" (video/add files) for tv shows and i selected "Exclude path from library updates" for both. Yet, whenever i add something in one of the above folders xbmc does not update.
(2012-11-04, 14:00)takoi Wrote: This addon does not touch the db so that must be a problem with xbmc. You are using alpha you knowSmile

hmmm, you may have a point ... Cool Then your plugin works as it should atleast. Thanks for a great addon have been looking for something like this for a long time.

(2012-11-05, 18:31)bboo Wrote: So is there anyway for this to work with windows smb shares? As someone suggested, i mounted my smb share "F:/User" in the xbmc (raspberry pi xbian) by going to "system/file manager/add sources/add network location". After this i added two folders as media sources, "F:/User/Movies" for movies and "F/User/Tv Shows" (video/add files) for tv shows and i selected "Exclude path from library updates" for both. Yet, whenever i add something in one of the above folders xbmc does not update.

Anyone?
(2012-11-04, 14:00)takoi Wrote: This addon does not touch the db so that must be a problem with xbmc. You are using alpha you knowSmile

hmmm again. I did some experimenting. If i remove the duplicates of a movie from the library (from within the xbmc gui), then go to settings->video->library and choose clean library. And then after cleaning i go to videos files, select the movie source and start a scanning for new content, then no duplicates are added.

Its only if i download something new and the update process is called upon by library watchdog that i get multiple instances of each movie. Does it call the function in a different matter then when i choose it manually?

[/quote]

(2012-11-08, 12:07)hjalmad Wrote:

hmmm again. I did some experimenting. If i remove the duplicates of a movie from the library (from within the xbmc gui), then go to settings->video->library and choose clean library. And then after cleaning i go to videos files, select the movie source and start a scanning for new content, then no duplicates are added.

Its only if i download something new and the update process is called upon by library watchdog that i get multiple instances of each movie. Does it call the function in a different matter then when i choose it manually?

It should be the same. My guess is that whatever program you use to download writes some temporary files and then deletes them when finished. Do you have 'clean library' on in the addon settings on? That will prevent duplicates when files are moved.

(2012-11-08, 01:40)bboo Wrote:
(2012-11-05, 18:31)bboo Wrote: So is there anyway for this to work with windows smb shares? As someone suggested, i mounted my smb share "F:/User" in the xbmc (raspberry pi xbian) by going to "system/file manager/add sources/add network location". After this i added two folders as media sources, "F:/User/Movies" for movies and "F/User/Tv Shows" (video/add files) for tv shows and i selected "Exclude path from library updates" for both. Yet, whenever i add something in one of the above folders xbmc does not update.
Anyone?
Please see first post. If you're sure your setup is correct, then please post a debug log.
(2012-11-09, 20:56)takoi Wrote: It should be the same. My guess is that whatever program you use to download writes some temporary files and then deletes them when finished. Do you have 'clean library' on in the addon settings on? That will prevent duplicates when files are moved.

Im using transmission on my openmediavault NAS. I have enabled an incomplete directory after i installed library wd, cause it would start scanning as soon the download started otherwise. So theres probably not anything temporary written to the media path, its just the media beeing moved after download is complete. And yes i have enabled the clean library in your addon.

I guess i will have to try to provide some logs. If its relevant with Frodo issues?

TY
Sure
(2012-10-26, 12:19)takoi Wrote: I see. Mysql users must use smb paths also for local files. Did not realize that. The problem is that this addon can't see samba shares. Allowing custom paths in the addon would of course solve this, but

You could also try this: (but please backup before you do)
1. Add M:\movies as a media new source
2. Make sure to enable "Exclude path from library updates".

This way xbmc should only look at the smb path, but the local path be available to the addon.

This part works fantastic, thanks for the idea.

Question for you, and it's probably really basic. If I move a movie from one source to another is the only way to delete it out of that source via cleaning?

Thanks

Josh
(2012-11-04, 14:00)takoi Wrote:
(2012-10-28, 14:11)T800 Wrote: Is there a way I can get this to scan my movie directory but not my TV show directory?

xbmc doesn't separate tv/movies like it does with video/music so it's as trivial. It's a very odd request because isn't the whole point of this addon to keep the library in sync? Also, you might want to check your severer because all those drives spinning up is definitely not normal. If there's no changes to the file system, it should all be cache and this addon should work while keeping your drives spun down.

(2012-10-31, 22:18)hjalmad Wrote: Im running Openelec Frodo Alpha 7 and is trying out Library watchdog. I have mounted two NFS shares from my NAS, and is using polling. Updates are immediatly, so far so god. The only problem is that everytime it runs an update it adds multiple instanses of both new and existent movies and tv shows. It seems to stop at 3, so i have 3 of each movie in my library =P. How can i prevent multiple instances?

This addon does not touch the db so that must be a problem with xbmc. You are using alpha you knowSmile

But there is changes to the file system because SickBeard has just put a new episode in the server. SickBeard sends XBMC a message to update that show only. Wouldn't Watchdog see this file system change then do a whole scan waking up all hard drives?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4