• 56(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
(2022-02-09, 12:01)bansheeat Wrote: I do not use Library Watchdog anymore. He does not remove the Library Entry in Kodi, when I already have removed the movie from my Flash Drive. I have always to do it manually - so the purpose of LW is not given - so it is gone now Wink Scanning my Flash Drives for new movies is done with the built-in Kodi function.
Total agree but i wish it exist a LW alternative to give us some comfort back. Every half year i delete leftovers from the movie.db with an database editor. I delete sometime media files directly on my NAS and Kodi is not clever enough to detect this.
RPi3 | RPi4 | LibreElec Kodi
This seems to be broken since upgrading to 19.4 - anyone else?
I read some about the crash/slowing down issues here.

Any chance to solve it? I would be happy if at least I could somehow deactivate/stop the addon when kodi shuts down. Because often kodi is crashing when I want to shutdown or reboot. So I have to shut down/reboot via ssh. With ssh there is no problem. Just by starting those actions from within kodi.

I read through the shutdown.sh pages as well, but I can't find a solution. Any ideas welcome. Ty
It appears Library Watchdog has a limit of 10 Video Sources only? What if I have more than 10 like 15 for example, in a HDD Bay?

Also I noticed that it doesn't update my video library so I do not know what is wrong .... I checked all options and they look to be configured properly. It appears LW is broken with the release of 19.4 and on an Nvidia Shield.
Yep, this addon is crap now!  Use Library AutoUpdate for now I guess.
A few years ago I requested Kodi should have this feature by default. plex, jellyfin, and other similar media players have this feature.
I've encountered a recurring issue that may have started after I installed this addon. Unfortunately, even after I removed the addon, the problem persisted. I followed the recommended solution and made the changes to my advancedsettings.xml file, but it didn't resolve the issue:
xml:
<advancedsettings>
  <videolibrary>
    <backgroundupdate>true</backgroundupdate>
  </videolibrary> <videoscanner>
    <ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
  </videoscanner>
</advancedsettings>
I then tried reinstalling the addon and adjusted the settings to increase the polling interval, but I still couldn't fully disable its effect after uninstalling it. My suspicion is that the addon has made permanent changes to Kodi's default settings that aren't undone by uninstalling it.

I also attempted to clear the cache and rebooted my Shield, but with no success. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
This doesn't work any more nor does Library AutoUpdate with Kodi 20
Kodi v20.1 with goodies from the PSMC Collection / Using on PC's, Nvidea Shields, and other Android TV Boxes
(2023-08-24, 03:51)Wanderer189 Wrote: This doesn't work any more nor does Library AutoUpdate with Kodi 20

Library Watchdog was one of the few addons that I really used.  Extremely helpful to maintain all of my KODI boxes just by doing a folder cleanup on a computer.  I have to do everything manually now.  When it quit working, I settled for Library Update as a substitute.  I tried to bring some attention to the watchdog addon when it broke, but no one responded, and it never got fixed.  Not sure who's responsible for maintaining these, but from a user's standpoint, it kind of feels like abandonware.
Yes, this definitely one of the best add-ons. It stopped working for me on LibreELEC 9.2.4. It's unfortunate the author gave up on it.

Shedrock
Works fine for me coreELEC 20.2.  You might need to remove then replace with the newer version in the KODI repo since Python 3.
I have version1.1.2.  I don't recall if this is one that I had to go into .kodi/addons/service.librarywatchdog/addon.xml and change the Python version to 3.0.0 on line #4.
anyone has issues with this on kodi 21 nightlies on RPi5 ?
like it does not clean library on start up or clean after removal of file
Hello to those who might be reading this thread.

Just a little invitation to try an add-on that I have been working on. It's called Kodi Library Refresh. Which is inspired by and does the similar thing to what Library Watchdog used to do. It watches for file and directory changes for your Kodi media sources and updates the library automatically whenever there are changes detected.

I found Library Watchdog add-on few months ago. It somewhat worked for me, but there were issues. For example, it was not cleaning the library. I dived into the code, fixed one issue, but then bumped into new issues. Eventually I gave up fixing my findings as it was easy to break existing, fine working features as the add-on didn't have any tests. So mainly just for fun, as a hobby project, I decided to make an add-on for myself and then see if I can get into a good shape, so it can be shared and published.

I haven't published the add-on to the official Kodi repository yet, so if you want to try it you have need to install it from zip file. I haven't published the add-on yet mainly for two reasons:

- It's not yet well tested. For example, have no idea if it works on macOS, I only tested on Linux and Windows.
- It doesn't support network media sources yet, only local media sources.

The add-on page is https://github.com/LinogeFly/kodi-library-refresh. Feel free to give it a try Smile

Installation zip file can be downloaded from here https://github.com/LinogeFly/kodi-librar...ses/latest.
This mean it does not work on my Android TV Box ?
Orbsmart S87L Android 11 Quadcore AML S905X4 Cortex-A55 @ 2.0GHz Mali-G31 MP2 4GB DDR4-RAM / 32GB
BeeLink GT1 mini Android 8.1 Amlogic S905X2 CPU ARM G31 MP2 Grafik 4GB RAM/64 GB ROM
Kodi 20.3
Yeah, this was a great little addon.  Really one of those addons that should just be baked into the interface with an on/off toggle really.  It doesn't work on any box at this time as far as I know.  And strangely, I haven't seen any recent interests from KODI developers about fixing it either.
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4