Linux XBMCbuntu won't boot
Hi, I'm a beginner at all this but I thought I'd have a go at installing XBMCbuntu on an old desktop prior to possibly putting it on a dedicated media centre. It seems to have installed ok but after it hangs during booting after the XBMC logo. It goes to a black screen with a ton of messages on it, the last one is generally 'Starting lightdm display manager [fail]', and then the hard drive just keep spinning. I tried reinstalling but the same problem occurred - is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas for a solution? Thanks in advance.
I've just tried the same and hit exactly the same problem. I'm using an Acer Revo R3600, should it matter.
I'm having the same issue.. xbmcbuntu fails at starting lightdm display manger. Any thoughts anyoneHuh
same issue...anyone care to help?
Run this and upload the resulting dmesg.txt file to pastebin.
Code:
dmesg > dmesg.txt
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
(2012-05-15, 06:17)Plaguester Wrote: Run this and upload the resulting dmesg.txt file to pastebin.
Code:
dmesg > dmesg.txt

I have already installed windows and xbmc as i just couldn't find a solution for my problem. But i hope that others who are strugling try this. Even the livecd did not boot on my computer=/

thanks for your reply!

(2012-05-15, 06:17)Plaguester Wrote: Run this and upload the resulting dmesg.txt file to pastebin.
Code:
dmesg > dmesg.txt

i'm having the same problem. just downloaded xbmcbuntu from the main site today, the install went smooth, but when i try to boot, it fails right after lightdm (it says ok on screen, but typically doesn't go any further, and never reaches a windowing system)

http://pastebin.com/cYZim78e

it does boot up far enough that i can ssh into the machine. any suggestions?

---edit---

i installed new nvidia drivers,and it is getting further into the bootup process, but still not getting all the way there. now it is hanging at "starting automounter".

here is the new dmesg log:
http://pastebin.com/aYhbt1u1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu won't boot0