• 26(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
(2013-01-22, 20:33)HueyHq Wrote: @digitalhigh: Any particular reason you want to use XBMC scrapers? This option was included for advanced users to be able to tweak the scraper files to their liking, and as such, are only supported by us to the extent that the scraped info gets imported into Media Companion OK.
Try using the native scraper that we do support by un-checking the XBMC Scraper option. Now this SHOULD be working properly, and if they are not, we need to know about it ASAP.
Your hit rate is terribly low, especially as you appear to organise your library meticulously, so it is a bit of a concern, particularly as vbat99 and myself worked hard at getting it sorted!
If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us directly.

would it be a good idea for him to post his settings folder? or atleast the config file Smile
(2013-01-22, 19:45)fma965 Wrote: umm yeah might have an idea for the "both" option, gonna finish this first though Smile some new commits were added on my fork if any one wants to see.
Good work, fella - keep it up!
(2013-01-22, 20:35)HueyHq Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 19:45)fma965 Wrote: umm yeah might have an idea for the "both" option, gonna finish this first though Smile some new commits were added on my fork if any one wants to see.
Good work, fella - keep it up!

the fun of having no life Big Grin get to sit and code a lot
(2013-01-22, 20:36)fma965 Wrote: the fun of having no life Big Grin get to sit and code a lot
OK, now you're just showing off! Wink
(2013-01-22, 20:38)HueyHq Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 20:36)fma965 Wrote: the fun of having no life Big Grin get to sit and code a lot
OK, now you're just showing off! Wink

Tongue nah but need to make the most of it, getting older. gonna upload a preview video in a minute ... mainly to have a short break and to show the progress Smile
@Huey, any luck with GUI merging?

@fma, look forward to new preview vid.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2013-01-22, 20:33)HueyHq Wrote: @digitalhigh: Any particular reason you want to use XBMC scrapers? This option was included for advanced users to be able to tweak the scraper files to their liking, and as such, are only supported by us to the extent that the scraped info gets imported into Media Companion OK.
Try using the native scraper that we do support by un-checking the XBMC Scraper option. Now this SHOULD be working properly, and if they are not, we need to know about it ASAP.
Your hit rate is terribly low, especially as you appear to organise your library meticulously, so it is a bit of a concern, particularly as vbat99 and myself worked hard at getting it sorted!
If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us directly.

Nothing in particular beyond wanting to use the same TMDB datasets as XBMC uses.

And to clarify - I have been using the default scraper. I've attached my settings.xml file - I'm hoping that the issue is just something I set somewhere that shouldn't be set, but as I am fairly familiar with media manager stuff, I don't see anything that jumps out at me.

One thing to note is that I do not sanitize the actual filenames of the movies - I rely on the folder name to do this for me. I currently have "Use Folder Names For Scraping" checked, but I also tried a bunch of movies (everything from #-D) using the "All Movies are in folders" setting, just to rule out some weirdness there...

http://pastebin.com/DXujvRhx
Note: Updated OP to state "TV Shows Support Only" at this time.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2013-01-22, 21:31)vbat99 Wrote: Note: Updated OP to state "TV Shows Support Only" at this time.

didn't it already say that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_kvw9UT5-8
(2013-01-22, 21:22)digitalhigh Wrote: One thing to note is that I do not sanitize the actual filenames of the movies - I rely on the folder name to do this for me. I currently have "Use Folder Names For Scraping" checked, but I also tried a bunch of movies (everything from #-D) using the "All Movies are in folders" setting, just to rule out some weirdness there...
Could you provide me a sample of some titles that are causing you problems? Just three or four of the folder name and the filename contained within. I'll do some tests to try see what's going on; may be a conflict between folder and file names.

(2013-01-22, 21:22)vbat99 Wrote: @Huey, any luck with GUI merging?
Haven't started - been waiting for fma965 to slow down! (Or finish!)
Should go OK as there aren't any more deliveries to MC. Altho' I did notice that my UI tweaks are reverted again, so I'll add them again... for the third time!
(2013-01-22, 21:40)HueyHq Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 21:22)digitalhigh Wrote: One thing to note is that I do not sanitize the actual filenames of the movies - I rely on the folder name to do this for me. I currently have "Use Folder Names For Scraping" checked, but I also tried a bunch of movies (everything from #-D) using the "All Movies are in folders" setting, just to rule out some weirdness there...
Could you provide me a sample of some titles that are causing you problems? Just three or four of the folder name and the filename contained within. I'll do some tests to try see what's going on; may be a conflict between folder and file names.

(2013-01-22, 21:22)vbat99 Wrote: @Huey, any luck with GUI merging?
Haven't started - been waiting for fma965 to slow down! (Or finish!)
Should go OK as there aren't any more deliveries to MC. Altho' I did notice that my UI tweaks are reverted again, so I'll add them again... for the third time!
ok i will stop then Tongue ... nah i love coding its fun and i am glad to being a part of this wonderful application

your ui tweaks? what were they? i grabbed the lastest source code as of the still current latest commit so it was before i got involved that they got reverted Tongue

also for those testing my alpha release please test pre-frodo aswell as i am not sure if i broke something in pre-frodo hence need testers for everything Smile
(2013-01-22, 21:45)fma965 Wrote: your ui tweaks? what were they? i grabbed the lastest source code as of the still current latest commit so it was before i got involved that they got reverted Tongue
No, I checked, and it wasn't you!

EDIT: I can merge whenever you are ready, but you'll need to stop for a bit while I do it, then start using the main stream instead of your fork!
Let me know when you go to bed!
(2013-01-22, 21:49)HueyHq Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 21:45)fma965 Wrote: your ui tweaks? what were they? i grabbed the lastest source code as of the still current latest commit so it was before i got involved that they got reverted Tongue
No, I checked, and it wasn't you!

ok well hopefully that video should keep people happy Smile im going back to coding, stop messaging/replying to me and i will finish quicker lol.
(2013-01-22, 21:40)HueyHq Wrote: Could you provide me a sample of some titles that are causing you problems? Just three or four of the folder name and the filename contained within. I'll do some tests to try see what's going on; may be a conflict between folder and file names.

Here's an export of my full directory structure. The movie "red" and "aladdin return of jafar" both resulted in bad names for certain, take your pick from everything else...

http://d-h.st/vaY
Download on this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1306764 has been updated

Taking a break so please if your testing my release update to the latest version and report bugs, thanks.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10