• 288(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
(2018-03-17, 13:40)MonSoon12 Wrote: I have always wondered, is there a reason why Votes in the TV Shows section is un-editable/blanked out and the only way is to edit the .nfo file?

Well, votes and ratings isn't something a user would alter as this info comes from TVDb or IMDb. Thats why they are a Read-Only value in the Browser panel.
Use the TV Batch Rescrape Wizard to update episode Votes and Ratings.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
I understand, but with the older TV Shows/Series, sometimes they don't have the IMdB ID so it can't pick up ratings. Also TVDB locks out editing on some shows, so you can't fix it there either.
This is when I would manually add the IMdB ID, Votes & Rating.

Well I didn't utilise the Batch Scraper much before, thanks for the suggestion.
Realised now, I only need to manually add the IMdB ID and run the batch scraper with ratings and it does the rest.

Wouldn't hurt to be able to edit it still though as you can edit it in the Movies section.
(2018-03-21, 16:38)MonSoon12 Wrote: I understand, but with the older TV Shows/Series, sometimes they don't have the IMdB ID so it can't pick up ratings. Also TVDB locks out editing on some shows, so you can't fix it there either.
This is when I would manually add the IMdB ID, Votes & Rating.

Well I didn't utilise the Batch Scraper much before, thanks for the suggestion.
Realised now, I only need to manually add the IMdB ID and run the batch scraper with ratings and it does the rest.

Wouldn't hurt to be able to edit it still though as you can edit it in the Movies section.

I just did a little check of MC, and I see if you right-click over the IMDB Id, you can add an episodes IMDB Id. If this field is already filled with the id, it checks if you really want to change the IMDB Id. So no need to manually edit the episodes nfo.

One other point to note, MC will check if the episode does not have an IMDb Id and do the following.
1. If no IMDB Id, fill from TVDb.
2. If still no IMDB Id from TVDB, get directly from IMDB.
So MC will populate the Id even from IMDB if TVDb does not have it, like when a series gets locked.

And, I see the user can change the Rating of an episode within this sections, but not the Votes.
OK, so I'll modify MC to allow editing of the Votes field manually as well.
Media Companion Dev.
#MonSoon12

Available in the next release you can right-click the votes field and the Rating field and a input box will appear so you can enter Votes or Ratings per episode.
This will auto-save the data to the episode as long as the data entered is valid, ie: Rating entered is between 0 and 10.0.
Media Companion Dev.
(2018-03-21, 23:33)vbat99 Wrote: #MonSoon12

Available in the next release you can right-click the votes field and the Rating field and a input box will appear so you can enter Votes or Ratings per episode.
This will auto-save the data to the episode as long as the data entered is valid, ie: Rating entered is between 0 and 10.0.
 @vbat99 Great thank you very much!
New Release.
Media Companion 3.700
Minor bug fix in Change movie section, and couple of requested functions added.

New:
  • TV - Episodes allow editing of Votes and Ratings values by r-click on fields.
  • Movie - Edit votes or Rating by r-click on fields.
  • TV - Series edit votes or ratings by r-click on fields.

Fixed:
  • Movie - Fix code change in Change Movie section.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.700b x86 & x64

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
How could I use MC without interferring with other media managers? So I want to scrape movies with MC which are already scraped by other media / movie managers and movies will be scraped by other movie managers which are scraped with MC already.
Windows 10 Home, 64bit | Newest stable Kodi in portable mode
(2018-03-31, 00:08)Boyzie Wrote: How could I use MC without interferring with other media managers? So I want to scrape movies with MC which are already scraped by other media / movie managers and movies will be scraped by other movie managers which are scraped with MC already.

That is a hard one.
Every media manager will add their own tags to a nfo file, that Kodi ignores.
I have tried to improve loading of nfo's created by other media managers, but each program writes the nfo differently, and due to this, strips out unique tags used by other managers.

There isn't going to be a sure-fire way to have different media managers play nicely in the same sandbox.
Media Companion Dev.
OK, thank you.

Might there be a way to automatically create disc files / 0 byte files of the original movie files (so to mirror the folder and file system of the movie folders with 0 byte files with the same structure) in other folders so MC could scrape those 0 byte files?
(2018-03-31, 09:24)Boyzie Wrote: OK, thank you.

Might there be a way to automatically create disc files / 0 byte files of the original movie files (so to mirror the folder and file system of the movie folders with 0 byte files with the same structure) in other folders so MC could scrape those 0 byte files?

Not automatically. And Disc files are usually in their own folder, else MC will find the valid video file and scrape that.
Media Companion Dev.
Alright, so there is no way, many thanks!
hi i update to 3.700 today and i try to refresh my tv shows and im getting this error

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at Media_Companion.TVScraper.loadepisodes(TvShow CurrentShow)
   at Media_Companion.TVScraper.TVRebuildCaches(TvdbArgs args)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.CallTVSubByName(String SubName)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkTv_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

dont know if that info help, if you need more let me know
(2018-04-03, 06:38)mata7 Wrote: hi i update to 3.700 today and i try to refresh my tv shows and im getting this error

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at Media_Companion.TVScraper.loadepisodes(TvShow CurrentShow)
   at Media_Companion.TVScraper.TVRebuildCaches(TvdbArgs args)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.CallTVSubByName(String SubName)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkTv_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

dont know if that info help, if you need more let me know

Unfortunately, just says failed in loadepisodes code, but not what caused the crash. Another area I need to add error checking.
Can you rename your tvcache.xml to tvcache.xml.old
Run Media Companion. It should rebuild the tvcache from fresh.
Media Companion Dev.
Just wondering if there are any short name files in any of the series folders? I see where an issue can occur if a single character file may exist in a series or season folder.

I'll add a check and catch for this for the next release.
Media Companion Dev.
thanks for you help vbat99, i rename tvcache.xml to tvcache.xml.old that dint make any diferent it just keep crashing, lucky me i always backup before updating, i went back to 3.6.9.5 and dont have any problem, my folders are the same name never change nothing
  • 288(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10