• 291(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
Hello Rob,

I am getting the below error when trying to batch re scrape rating and votes. Please let me know if I need to change something in setting.
I am using the latest version Of MC.

Another error in batch re scrape during scraping for directors.
Thanks John.
(2018-05-13, 21:13)john8546 Wrote: Hello Rob,

I am getting the below error when trying to batch re scrape rating and votes. Please let me know if I need to change something in setting.

Thanks John.

The Director issue has a fix in place for the next release.

Not sure what is going on with the Rating/Votes.

Can you advise which scraper, and what options you have set.
If, the Rating/Votes occurs in Batch rescrape, after 7~10 movies, then this will be also fixed with the Director fix.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2018-05-14, 03:01)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-05-13, 21:13)john8546 Wrote: Hello Rob,

Thanks John.

The Director issue has a fix in place for the next release.

Not sure what is going on with the Rating/Votes.

Can you advise which scraper, and what options you have set.
If, the Rating/Votes occurs in Batch rescrape, after 7~10 movies, then this will be also fixed with the Director fix.  
I am using the TMDB scrapper. For ratings and votes the error is popping up on the 1st movie itself. 

(2018-05-14, 07:06)john8546 Wrote: I am using the TMDB scrapper. For ratings and votes the error is popping up on the 1st movie itself. 

Thanks for the Info.
I have a fix in place for the next release, but just to let you know, your first film, 2112 (2012) has no IMDB Id value, this was causing the error.
But I have caught this cleanly for the next release.

And, I have updated TMDb with the IMDB Id, just need to allow them some time to update their records in the database.
Media Companion Dev.
(2018-05-14, 11:18)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-05-14, 07:06)john8546 Wrote: I am using the TMDB scrapper. For ratings and votes the error is popping up on the 1st movie itself. 

Thanks for the Info.
I have a fix in place for the next release, but just to let you know, your first film, 2112 (2012) has no IMDB Id value, this was causing the error.
But I have caught this cleanly for the next release.

And, I have updated TMDb with the IMDB Id, just need to allow them some time to update their records in the database. 
Thanks Rob, You are the best.
Smile
Hello Rob,

Again, I am coming up with an idea/wish/problem and would be very interessed if you have any idea for a solution or clue how to work around:

If I have for a specific movie different editions like normal - Extended - Director's Cut etc. these are the same movies generally but not exactly duplicates.
What I am looking for would be a possibility to exclude those movies when I actually want to cean up and find "real" duplicates. Another thing could be that you have a movie in different languages you want to keep.

With my duplicates search I WANT to find "real" duplicates and as well as same movie in different resolutions.

What I want to avoid is to simply move all those movies temporarily that are "wanted" duplicates for the cleanup process (I sort of ending up in a constant cleanup... ;-( ) or alter their IMDB-id

Thanks in advance for your help.
Kuddel
(2018-05-16, 22:27)kuddel Wrote: Hello Rob,

Again, I am coming up with an idea/wish/problem and would be very interessed if you have any idea for a solution or clue how to work around:

If I have for a specific movie different editions like normal - Extended - Director's Cut etc. these are the same movies generally but not exactly duplicates.
What I am looking for would be a possibility to exclude those movies when I actually want to cean up and find "real" duplicates. Another thing could be that you have a movie in different languages you want to keep.

With my duplicates search I WANT to find "real" duplicates and as well as same movie in different resolutions.

What I want to avoid is to simply move all those movies temporarily that are "wanted" duplicates for the cleanup process (I sort of ending up in a constant cleanup... ;-( ) or alter their IMDB-id

Thanks in advance for your help.
Kuddel
I will look into the duplicate issue in regards to "Extended", "Directors-Cut" etc.
As for separating languages, that may be possible also, but I won't promise when it'll happen.
Media Companion Dev.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.707

Bug fixes and new Manual add TV Series

Apart from a few bug fixes due to new Movie batch rescrape routines, I have added
a new routine to TV.

Press 'F2' key while in the TV section and users can search for and have MC create the series folder
and scrape the series from the selected scraper source.
Users can select which TV Root folder the new series is placed in.

New:
  • TV - Complete Manual add Series by F2 key.
  • MC - Add Function keys to drop menus, Added F4 to run Batch Wizards.

Fixed:
  • Movie - Fix rename folder if sub-folder contains separate movies.
  • Movie - Fix rescrape Top250.
  • Movie - Fix race condition of Batch Rescrape from TMDb.
  • Movie - Fix and catch cleanly if Batch rescrape from IMDB and movie has no valid IMDB Id value.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.707b x86 & x64

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.708

Bug fixes and new Manual add TV Series
(Same as MC 3.707b, but with TV tab layout fixed)

Apart from a few bug fixes due to new Movie batch rescrape routines, I have added
a new routine to TV.

Press 'F2' key while in the TV section and users can search for and have MC create the series folder
and scrape the series from the selected scraper source.
Users can select which TV Root folder the new series is placed in.

New:
  • TV - Complete Manual add Series by F2 key.
  • MC - Add Function keys to drop menus, Added F4 to run Batch Wizards.

Fixed:
  • TV - Tab layout fixed.
  • Movie - Fix rename folder if sub-folder contains separate movies.
  • Movie - Fix rescrape Top250.
  • Movie - Fix race condition of Batch Rescrape from TMDb.
  • Movie - Fix and catch cleanly if Batch rescrape from IMDB and movie has no valid IMDB Id value.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.708b x86 & x64

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
Hi!
Just updated to the latest version and it appears to chop off the right hand side of window in TV Shows
Are you sure you downloaded 3.708? As mediacompanion 3.707 had that issue and 3.708 fixed that
Media Companion Dev.
The green "Download the Latest Version" appears as MC 3.707b. 
So you are correct, I ended up downloading the older version
Damn it. Source forge haven't updated the link.

Sorry about that.
Media Companion Dev.
Hey Rob, got a question for you:

I think i remember you saying a while back that you scan movies in one directory and have them moved/sorted to your movie folder. Is that right? If so, how, lol? I can set my movie folder(s), but i can't see where I can mark to scan one folder and move to another. Am I missing something or just making stuff up in my head?  Rofl  If it's not possible right now, can we request a feature to do that (separate folder for new movies vs. movie folder to scan for updates, etc)? If not, no worries, just thinking out loud - well, you know what I mean.

Thanks
I do the transfer manually, but believe there is an option to copy movie to another directory.

But, it doesn't allow to move between movies to another root movie folder and doesn't update the cache.

I'll have a look and see what can be done.
Media Companion Dev.
  • 291(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10