• 317(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
Rob,

Tested new release with movie batch - genre and it still crashes after 9 movies. Using windows 7...
Yea, that's seems to be when it happens.  Not sure I understand how it's supposed to work.  You can set/change things here:

Here:

or here:

None of those options allow me to change where actors are downloaded from for all series/episodes without having to rescrape each show separately.  I thought that the latest version would fix that with the new option, but, it doesn't seem to rewrite my nfos.  Or maybe I just don't understand how things are supposed to work. lol

FWIW, I have the same genre scraping problem as Edworld.

Thanks again for your patience and kind understanding. Smile
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
@Edworld @bobrap
Genre from TMDB worked beautifully in my testing after the fix I did, will investigate further.

Bobrap, look into TV preference, there is a new sub tab called extras.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2018-11-04, 18:52)vbat99 Wrote: @Edworld @bobrap
Genre from TMDB worked beautifully in my testing after the fix I did, will investigate further.

Bobrap, look into TV preference, there is a new sub tab called extras.
 Checked out the new tab, Rob.  Doesn't seem to do anything.  Is it supposed to actually change the source in the nfo?
<episodeactorsource>imdb</episodeactorsource>
    <tvshowactorsource>tvdb</tvshowactorsource>
Yes,

Click your choice button, then apply & close.

Background worker will change all TV show nfo episode and series actor source.

And will update the TV browser tab.

But, if. Your source is currently TMDB, this won't be changed...at this time.
Media Companion Dev.
(2018-11-04, 20:08)vbat99 Wrote: Yes,

Click your choice button, then apply & close.

Background worker will change all TV show nfo episode and series actor source.

And will update the TV browser tab.

But, if. Your source is currently TMDB, this won't be changed...at this time.
Tried it again and it appears only the "All from TVDB or IMDB..." is working but not the bottom options (series from tvdb, episodes from IMDb, or vice versa).  Don't burn anymore time on this on my behalf.  Just wanted to point out something that I didn't think was working correctly.  Cheers.
Yeah just thinking back on it now looks like a only out of the first two options not the last two loops I'll get that sorted for the next release for sure
Media Companion Dev.
Updating a lot of my library and using MC for the first time for tvshows.

First problem is this with a few new shows
3 folder/s missing, marked as '.nomedia', or no tvshow.nfo:

\\DERHOF\Television\Castle Rock
\\DERHOF\Television\Maniac
\\DERHOF\Television\Purge, The

Not sure why its doing this... but more importantly what do I do about it? The don't even appear in the list after the scan.

EDIT>>>>>>>>>ok, disregard this part. I had to add the series manually and that worked....

BUT....
Is there a way to scan my whole library for new episodes instead of doing one show at a time? I figured 'Search New' would do that but didn't seem to get them. Had to do show individually.
EDIT2>>> it seems when I added a second movie root folder I have and had it 'Check roots for new tv shows' that it scanned everything for new episodes.

If I 'Lock' a season does this simply exclude that show from any future scans?
(2018-11-05, 01:20)huttdes Wrote: Updating a lot of my library and using MC for the first time for tvshows.

First problem is this with a few new shows
3 folder/s missing, marked as '.nomedia', or no tvshow.nfo:

\\DERHOF\Television\Castle Rock
\\DERHOF\Television\Maniac
\\DERHOF\Television\Purge, The

Not sure why its doing this... but more importantly what do I do about it? The don't even appear in the list after the scan.

EDIT>>>>>>>>>ok, disregard this part. I had to add the series manually and that worked....
If you added
\\DERHOF\Television\
as the Root TV folder, then Castle Rock, Maniac, Purge etc would have been found
MC does not create .nomedia files, but if detected, then that folder (and any sub folders) are excluded from being scanned as a TV series.
(2018-11-05, 01:20)huttdes Wrote: BUT....
Is there a way to scan my whole library for new episodes instead of doing one show at a time? I figured 'Search New' would do that but didn't seem to get them. Had to do show individually.
EDIT2>>> it seems when I added a second movie root folder I have and had it 'Check roots for new tv shows' that it scanned everything for new episodes.
Again, Add the Root Tv folder, and any series under the root folder will be searched for new episodes.
(2018-11-05, 01:20)huttdes Wrote: If I 'Lock' a season does this simply exclude that show from any future scans?
If you lock a series, it is excluded from being scanned for new episodes. It is not excluded from Refresh All.
It means if you have many series, some ended or even if they have finished a season and waiting for the next season to start, MC will quickly scan only the unlocked series.
You can only lock a Series, not a specific season.

Hope this is of help. But, I do suggest looking through the Wiki documents for Media Companion
Media Companion Dev.
@Edworld @bobrap

Well, I must have played with the values, and forgot to set them back to 200ms pause. I have tested and debug build is now not crashing after 9th movie scrape of genre.

And, fix in place for changing TV series actor source on TV Preferences -> Extras tab.

These will be in the next release, out this weekend or before.
Media Companion Dev.
(2018-11-05, 11:55)vbat99 Wrote: @Edworld @bobrap

Well, I must have played with the values, and forgot to set them back to 200ms pause. I have tested and debug build is now not crashing after 9th movie scrape of genre.

And, fix in place for changing TV series actor source on TV Preferences -> Extras tab.

These will be in the next release, out this weekend or before.
Thanks, Rob.  As always, you time and effort is greatly appreciated!
New Release.
Media Companion 3.725b

Minor Bug fixes.
Note: Please do a Refresh All on TV Series to update data in the tvcache file.

New:

Fixed:
  • Movie - 2nd fix scrape from TMDb timing issue.
  • TV - Correct option for change actor source.
  • TV - Store some more data in tvcache.xml file.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.725b x86 & x64

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
vbat99

Tried scraping genre and still crashes after 9 movies
(2018-11-10, 01:51)Edworld Wrote: vbat99

Tried scraping genre and still crashes after 9 movies
 Unfortunately, same for me. Sad
Rob,
Do you think it might be possible to add the renaming the colon character to space+dash to be applied to movie sets as well?  Thanks.
  • 317(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10