• 326(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
I going through all of my movies changing the genre option to my liking. Whenever I add a new genre that isn't in my current list (typing manually) it does not appear in the list if I right click and have the check box list popup.
How can I have my new genre's be in that list.... as well as remove genres that I don't want in that list?

Also, MC3 is telling me I have X amount of movies without posters. Basically its listing movies that I have a poster.jpg file for but not a movie-poster.jpg.
Either works fine for Kodi so I do I MC3 recognize either as being ok?
Or is there a way to have it simply copy the existing poster.jpg files to movie-poster.jpg files?
(2019-02-18, 01:44)the_bo Wrote:
(2019-02-16, 20:17)chrissix Wrote: With the new system everything can be read into kodi like a normal artworktype, no more accessing to the folder on every change when i browse though video libary, and only the hard drive is accessed when the movie is playing.

I noticed this with my external hard drive. When the hard drive was in standby whenever I browsed through my movie library the hard drive would wake up even though I have everything cached. Is the extrafanart folder the cause of this?

Is there a program to move the images from the extrafanrt folder to the main folder. I don't fancy manually moving and renaming all the images to fanart1, fanart2 etc.
At present, having the extrafanart in the movies folder (not in a sub-folder) is not the preferred method as per Kodi Wiki
Movie ExtraFanart
And it depends on where the Skin is looking for this artwork.
Usually, the extrafanart/extrathumbs should be found in corresponding folders.

But, this is up to the Skin developer to state where this artwork should be place. And preferably, the skin should fall-back to the Kodi recommended layout.

Quote:Maybe a script or something could be used.
Media Companion places the artwork as per the Wiki. Though I might look into this in the future to have the option of in the Movie's Folder....
Quote:Also does MC scrape for character art. Is there any sites that have character art?

Thanks
At present MC does not scrape Character Art.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2019-02-18, 03:21)huttdes Wrote: I going through all of my movies changing the genre option to my liking. Whenever I add a new genre that isn't in my current list (typing manually) it does not appear in the list if I right click and have the check box list popup.
How can I have my new genre's be in that list.... as well as remove genres that I don't want in that list?
You can have a custom list of Genre's
Go to Preferences, Common Settings tab. Look just above the 'Apply & Close' button, and there is a button to create/edit a custom Genre file.
Quote:Also, MC3 is telling me I have X amount of movies without posters. Basically its listing movies that I have a poster.jpg file for but not a movie-poster.jpg.
Interesting, I haven't looked into this area for a while.
Do you have the option in Movie Preferences -> Artwork tab, "If Movies in Folders, Save artwork as:"
and check the box
Save as 'poster.jpg', not moviename-poster.jpg
This should clear it up.
Quote:Or is there a way to have it simply copy the existing poster.jpg files to movie-poster.jpg files?
As you have scraped this into Kodi, I wouldn't bother changing them.

But, you can have the above option un-checked, and renaming the Movie will fix the artwork filenaming.
But, this will rename the movie filename as well, possible causing issue in Kodi.

I might add an option to the Debug tab, to allow re-aligning the artwork to the selected file naming convention.....
Media Companion Dev.
@vbat99 
@the_bo 

Every artwork wich is not an artwork type will be every time accessed to filesystem via ListItem.Path in skin.xml's, this belongs to extrafanart and extrathumbs, no matter if already cached or not, always accesses.
I currently run my system locally with a gaming machine and my hard drives are starting to sweat and skin performance is falling. If I would switch to a NAS/SERVER system that would be inconceivable. The creator of ArtworkBeef pursues the same idea for some time, and his solution is also to treat extrafanarts as own Artworktype so that you can read them directly into kodi. 

In addition, I am also currently experimenting a lot in skinning with multiimage control. More specifically, with the folders extracharacterart (characterart0-9.jpg), extraposter (poster0-9.jpg) extrakeyart (keyart0-9.jpg) Currently I'm using the same system as extrafanart folder -> ListItem.Path. I'm getting quite good results, but Listitem.Path is not a permanent solution because of during disk access and slower skin performance. Alternative -> Artworkbeef: Handle all extra stuff as an own artwork type.

Here is some test footage:

Quote:Is there a program to move the images from the extrafanrt folder to the main folder. I don't fancy manually moving and renaming all the images to fanart1, fanart2 etc.
Quote:Maybe a script or something could be used.

Not yet (a know about). I know too little about scripting although I'm already trying to work with something. Maybe we can work on some kinda solution together?
Specifically, we would need two steps:
1st) We need to copy all files from extrafanart folder into the main folder, but only fanart1-9.jpg (in my case my fanart0.jpg is a copy of main fanart)
(It is already assumed that the files are already named according to convention fanart0-9.jpg. I used the Media Companion rename fix. However, there was once a time where you can get up to twenty extrafanarts via Media Companion. Of course, the rest left were not renamed. I searched for them with the windows explorer search function extrafanart type:=picture, then sorted by name, marked and then deleted. So that only fanart0-9.jpg was remaining.
2st) Then we need to bulk rename fanart0-9.jpg to Moviefilename-fanart0-9.jpg. Since my film folder always has the same name as the filename, I could solve it very easily with the Bulk Rename Utility. There is a fancy function to rename a file with foldername as prefix.
Quote:Also does MC scrape for character art. Is there any sites that have character art?

Sure MC scrapes the official artworktype characterart.png for TvShows.
But no scraping for extracharacterart (multiimage) for TvShows (you have to download it manually from fanart.tv)
And also no for extracharacterart (multiimage) for Movies (also manually and no official source for that kind of art)

@latts9923  have included extracharactert for TvShows and Movies in his Aeon MQ 7 Multi-Mod (Krypon & Leia) as an experimental feature or some kind of easter egg - and only in RightListView.
Look here for more information and a extracharactart for movies starter pack on my cloud. (All non-official artwork types - just artwork fun):
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2816605
Quote:At present, having the extrafanart in the movies folder (not in a sub-folder) is not the preferred method as per Kodi Wiki
Movie ExtraFanart

Of course you're right, but I do not know if you've noticed, Kodi 18 Leia final has been released for two weeks and a week ago the Kodi Artwork Wiki was also updated.
See point 5.2: https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork#Multiple_fanart

Many skinners have added or even replaced the extrafanart "ArtworkBeef method" while updating the skins on Kodi 18 final. One week ago (after a long time) TeamKodi was persuaded to add it to the wiki.
For example, with Aeon MQ7 MultiMod (for Krypton or Leia) both systems for extrafanart parralel are available for selection. In addition, there is also an experimental extrakeyart function.
Quote:And it depends on where the Skin is looking for this artwork.
Usually, the extrafanart/extrathumbs should be found in corresponding folders.

But, this is up to the Skin developer to state where this artwork should be place. And preferably, the skin should fall-back to the Kodi recommended layout.
Of course you are right. As I said, the skins that are currently being updated already offer the alternative method.
Quote:Though I might look into this in the future to have the option of in the Movie's Folder....
That would be the best thing ever!
____

Until then I will use manual paste/copy/rename to migrate my database to the parallel system to work with ArtworkBeef and Skinning myself. A few questions that I ask myself while naming are still open ... currently it probably looks like this:

Official Artwork Types:

extrafanart folder to main folder:
fanart0.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-fanart0.jpg -> Is omitted because the main fanart already exists and a "0" in ArtworkBeef System is not provided.
fanart1.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-fanart1.jpg
fanart2.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-fanart2.jpg
fanart3.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-fanart3.jpg
fanart4.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-fanart4.jpg
fanart5.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-fanart5.jpg
fanart6.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-fanart6.jpg
fanart7.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-fanart7.jpg
fanart8.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-fanart8.jpg
fanart9.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-fanart9.jpg

thumbs folder to main folder:
thumb0.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-thumb.jpg
thumb1.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-thumb1.jpg
thumb2.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-thumb2.jpg
thumb3.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-thumb3.jpg

Non-Official Artwork Types (only experimental, just to complete my thoughts):

extracharacterart folder to main folder:
characterart0 ->Moviebasfilename-characterart.png
characterart1 ->Moviebasfilename-characterart1.png
characterart2 ->Moviebasfilename-characterart2.png
characterart3 ->Moviebasfilename-characterart3.png
characterart4 ->Moviebasfilename-characterart4.png
characterart5 ->Moviebasfilename-characterart5.png
characterart6 ->Moviebasfilename-characterart6.png
characterart7 ->Moviebasfilename-characterart7.png
characterart8 ->Moviebasfilename-characterart8.png
characterart9 ->Moviebasfilename-characterart9.png

extraposter folder to main folder:
(Very impractical because I would have to make a number jump caus main poster already exist)
poster0.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-poster1.jpg
poster1.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-poster2.jpg
poster2.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-poster3.jpg
poster3.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-poster4.jpg
poster4.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-poster5.jpg
poster5.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-poster6.jpg
poster6.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-poster7.jpg
poster7.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-poster8.jpg
poster8.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-poster9.jpg
poster9.jpg ->

extrakeyart folder to main folder:
(Very impractical because I would have to make a number jump caus main keyart already exist)
keyart0.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-keyart1.jpg
keyart1.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-keyart2.jpg
keyart2.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-keyart3.jpg
keyart3.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-keyart4.jpg
keyart4.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-keyart5.jpg
keyart5.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-keyart6.jpg
keyart6.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-keyart7.jpg
keyart7.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-keyart8.jpg
keyart8.jpg ->Moviebasfilename-keyart9.jpg
keyart9.jpg
@"chrissix" 

Thanks for the detailed response much appreciated. Smile
Quote:1st) We need to copy all files from extrafanart folder into the main folder, but only fanart1-9.jpg (in my case my fanart0.jpg is a copy of main fanart)
(It is already assumed that the files are already named according to convention fanart0-9.jpg. I used the Media Companion rename fix.

My fanarts in the extrafanarts folder are named with random letters 8rqJB3Nc2z5q0T6ZVXRXbAsQRGV.jpg.

You said you used the Media Companion rename fix, does that rename them to fanart1.jpg etc?

Where is the option in MC for that?
Quote:Not yet (a know about). I know too little about scripting although I'm already trying to work with something. Maybe we can work on some kinda solution together?

I'm searching for some windows batch files to move files from extrafanart to main folder. Would need to test on few folders to check. Saw the following comment on a website

Code:
Use the 'for' command: open a command window, then use something like the following, assuming you have files in c:\foo\bar\ and want to move them to c:\foo\ :

for %F in (c:\foo\bar\*.*) do move /Y %F c:\foo

The /Y switch turns off confirmation; remove it if you want to confirm each file move.

edit: if you want to save this into a batch file and run it from the parent folder, you can, but you need to double-up the percent signs (i.e. %F becomes %%F)

Quote:@latts9923 have included extracharactert for TvShows and Movies in his Aeon MQ 7 Multi-Mod (Krypon & Leia) as an experimental feature or some kind of easter egg - and only in RightListView.

Thanks for the characterart images. As movie characterart is not an official artwork type, will it wake up my hard drive like the extrafanarts?

If it does i may consider not implementing it on my skin for the moment.

One last thing do you know if you need to do the artwork whitelisting in the advanced settings?

Or does artwork beef do the same thing as this?

Per the kodi wiki it mentions
Quote:Each artwork type must be whitelisted in advancedsettings.xml to be added to the library automatically during scanning and scraping.

Thanks again
(2019-02-19, 01:51)the_bo Wrote: @"chrissix" 

Thanks for the detailed response much appreciated. Smile
Quote:1st) We need to copy all files from extrafanart folder into the main folder, but only fanart1-9.jpg (in my case my fanart0.jpg is a copy of main fanart)
(It is already assumed that the files are already named according to convention fanart0-9.jpg. I used the Media Companion rename fix.

My fanarts in the extrafanarts folder are named with random letters 8rqJB3Nc2z5q0T6ZVXRXbAsQRGV.jpg.

You said you used the Media Companion rename fix, does that rename them to fanart1.jpg etc?

Where is the option in MC for that?
Quote:Not yet (a know about). I know too little about scripting although I'm already trying to work with something. Maybe we can work on some kinda solution together?

I'm searching for some windows batch files to move files from extrafanart to main folder. Would need to test on few folders to check. Saw the following comment on a website

Code:
Use the 'for' command: open a command window, then use something like the following, assuming you have files in c:\foo\bar\ and want to move them to c:\foo\ :

for %F in (c:\foo\bar\*.*) do move /Y %F c:\foo

The /Y switch turns off confirmation; remove it if you want to confirm each file move.

edit: if you want to save this into a batch file and run it from the parent folder, you can, but you need to double-up the percent signs (i.e. %F becomes %%F)
Quote:@latts9923 have included extracharactert for TvShows and Movies in his Aeon MQ 7 Multi-Mod (Krypon & Leia) as an experimental feature or some kind of easter egg - and only in RightListView.

Thanks for the characterart images. As movie characterart is not an official artwork type, will it wake up my hard drive like the extrafanarts?

If it does i may consider not implementing it on my skin for the moment.

One last thing do you know if you need to do the artwork whitelisting in the advanced settings?

Or does artwork beef do the same thing as this?

Per the kodi wiki it mentions
Quote:Each artwork type must be whitelisted in advancedsettings.xml to be added to the library automatically during scanning and scraping.

Thanks again 
check debug to rename extrafanart
(2019-02-19, 02:19)Edworld Wrote: check debug to rename extrafanart 
Thanks.

The fanart rename starts at fanart0.jpg

Is there a way to make it start at fanart1.jpg as the kodi wiki states that numbers for the multi fanart cannot be zero-padded.

cheers
(2019-02-18, 09:01)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-02-18, 03:21)huttdes Wrote: I going through all of my movies changing the genre option to my liking. Whenever I add a new genre that isn't in my current list (typing manually) it does not appear in the list if I right click and have the check box list popup.
You can have a custom list of Genre's
Go to Preferences, Common Settings tab. Look just above the 'Apply & Close' button, and there is a button to create/edit a custom Genre file.
Quote:Also, MC3 is telling me I have X amount of movies without posters. Basically its listing movies that I have a poster.jpg file for but not a movie-poster.jpg.
Interesting, I haven't looked into this area for a while.
Do you have the option in Movie Preferences -> Artwork tab, "If Movies in Folders, Save artwork as:"
and check the box
Save as 'poster.jpg', not moviename-poster.jpg
This should clear it up.
Quote:Or is there a way to have it simply copy the existing poster.jpg files to movie-poster.jpg files?
As you have scraped this into Kodi, I wouldn't bother changing them.

But, you can have the above option un-checked, and renaming the Movie will fix the artwork filenaming.
But, this will rename the movie filename as well, possible causing issue in Kodi.

I might add an option to the Debug tab, to allow re-aligning the artwork to the selected file naming convention..... 
Thank you. Got the custom genre's.

As for the artwork... I ticked that option but MC3 is still showing as missing... would refreshing the library fix this?

As for your last comment... about my having already scraped into Kodi... I've already made so many changes I need to remove the library and rescrape anyway. Doing minor OCD changes to many different things to make it all uniform I'm probably altering over half of over 900 movies.
Which leads me to one further question... can MC3 update the Kodi database when I make changes in MC3? Is that what the XBMC link is for?
(2019-02-19, 04:19)huttdes Wrote: Thank you. Got the custom genre's.

As for the artwork... I ticked that option but MC3 is still showing as missing... would refreshing the library fix this?
Yes, should have advised a Refresh will be required
Quote:As for your last comment... about my having already scraped into Kodi... I've already made so many changes I need to remove the library and rescrape anyway. Doing minor OCD changes to many different things to make it all uniform I'm probably altering over half of over 900 movies.
Which leads me to one further question... can MC3 update the Kodi database when I make changes in MC3? Is that what the XBMC link is for?
XBMC Link is exactly for that, but, it is dated. I never coded that part, and am not sure how it works.
When I tried it, it was slow, but that could have been my setup.
I know others who use it, but I don't know how well it is working for them.

Doing a clean database would be best actually, as you can remove the thumbnails at the same time, ensuring your not cluttering up with defunct artwork.
Have you used Texturecache.py by Milhouse? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373
I use this for cleaning the library, and purging obsolete artwork, and also for re-caching artwork that was missing or has changed.
Media Companion Dev.
(2019-02-19, 02:43)the_bo Wrote:
(2019-02-19, 02:19)Edworld Wrote: check debug to rename extrafanart 
Thanks.

The fanart rename starts at fanart0.jpg

Is there a way to make it start at fanart1.jpg as the kodi wiki states that numbers for the multi fanart cannot be zero-padded.

cheers
Zero pad means starting at fanart01.jpg to fanart 12.jpg etc.
Media Companion Dev.
@chrissix
I read your post above, and I should have read that wiki further.
I will investigate what can be done in Media Companion, but honestly, I don't see the need for that much artwork. Sorry, personal opinion.

But then I spotted your post on ArtworkBeef thread, and now am not sure what is going on with these extra images. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2824463

That Kodi can only access and import into Kodi from the movies folder is not accurate. Actors are imported from the sub folder .actors, so why not extrafanart/extrathumbs?
I like tidy, neat, organized. That was how Kodi was before Artworkbeef seemed (again personal opinion) to force the change.

But I think there may be a way to incorporate the extrafanart images into the movie folder. It will take some time.
BUT! There should really be some clarity on file/folder structure, as I'd hate to put in the time and effort to support the naming as per your examples, and have it change again later.
Media Companion Dev.
Hi @vbat99 thank you for all the great work.

I have made a step by step video tutorial on how to add movies in Media Companion 3.5 so they show up with Rotten Tomatoes scores and IMDB ratings in KODI and I would greatly appreciate any feedback or criticism you may have.

I plan to make this a 3 part video series, with step 2 and 3 being about how to setup KODI, once you have imported your movies in step 1. I may also make a step 1½ for importing TV shows and Music videos. 

=11ptThanks @vbat99 for the work you put in to this excellent software!

I am hoping you will be able to help me with 2 things?

I use MQ 7 Mod skin and I am trying to get the 'Critic consensus' from Rotten tomatoes to show on the Dialogue page. I have had it working before using Universal Scraper however it doesn't scrape other things correctly.

Is there are way to scrape the 'Critic Consensus' from RT? I have input my OMDB API so I am already scraping the RT Ratings using MC. The 'Critic Consensus' needs to be in the 'Outline' section of the movie NFO.

Secondly is there a way to input a custom prefix for the MPAA certificate? I know there is an option for 'scraping full cert' e.g. UK:15 however this shows as 'United Kingdom:15' in the NFO. Therefore, I have to change the text in the 'IncludesVariables.xml' from 'UK:15' to 'United Kingdom:15'. It would be great to just be able to scrape the info to match what is in the 'IncludesVariables.xml'...in MQ 7 Mod case 'UK:15'

Thanks!
(2019-02-20, 10:44)koldtoft Wrote: Hi @vbat99 thank you for all the great work.

I have made a step by step video tutorial on how to add movies in Media Companion 3.5 so they show up with Rotten Tomatoes scores and IMDB ratings in KODI and I would greatly appreciate any feedback or criticism you may have.

I plan to make this a 3 part video series, with step 2 and 3 being about how to setup KODI, once you have imported your movies in step 1. I may also make a step 1½ for importing TV shows and Music videos. 

Great to finally see a Kodi tutorial video not related to piracy!!
Going though and cleaning a decent sized library so I think I will definitely benefit from your videos at this time.

While I knew most of this I did learn some things from your video. I never had any API keys entered... how does this benefit me as opposed to just letting MC3 scrape like normal?

I've used different media managers over the years and want to get this all finalized at this time...

One thing I noticed after looking through my folders is for most of my movies I have duplicate disc art files.... one is disc.png and the other discart.png ... you only have discart.png. I know for sure the disc.png files I've been getting for many years... MC3 must have added the discart.png files. Has this been changed to the preferred naming structure? Should I delete all the disc.png files?
 Other thing I notice I have is in addition to poster and fanart png's... I also have <movie title>-fanart and poster files. I have both so that can't hurt but is there a preferred name?
Also even though my movies are all in individual folders my nfo's  are titled <movie title>.nfo instead of movie.nfo.... once again, any reason to choose one over the other?

Thanks, looking forward the upcoming videos.
(2019-02-20, 15:33)mataus19 Wrote: I use MQ 7 Mod skin and I am trying to get the 'Critic consensus' from Rotten tomatoes to show on the Dialogue page. I have had it working before using Universal Scraper however it doesn't scrape other things correctly.

Is there are way to scrape the 'Critic Consensus' from RT? I have input my OMDB API so I am already scraping the RT Ratings using MC. The 'Critic Consensus' needs to be in the 'Outline' section of the movie NFO.

A little misunderstanding for new members:
CriticsConensus is a SkinHelper List.Item. Skinhelper data can not be included in the Kodi DB and thus useless put it into the .nfo.

This are kodi Interal List.Items, can be read into kodi db, and can be read from scrapers (and .nfo's):
https://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels#ListItem
This are SkinHelper List.Items, bypassed data in real time from internet over OMDB api. No storaging possible, every data you got is only cached for some days in simplechache.db.
https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...ideo-items

However, the critics concensus data has also been dead for a long time. The data set was deactivated in the OMDB api (for whatever reason).
@latts9923 , the creator of the mod you mean, simply replaced the data field with PlotOutline, but did not renamed the label.

What you want would be in my opinion a misuse of PlotOutline. (only my opinion)
Even though @vbat99 would want to implement it, the CriticsConensus data via the API is dead.
The data is still there on RottenTomatoes website, yes. But not longer aviable via API access.
The only option left to you is a manual paste/copy from the website into MC Plot Outline field. I pray for you if you do that, then you'll never unintentionally press the rescrape button for it *gg*
_____

Media Companion scraping the MPAA data as well as the spelling just as it stands in the databases where the data comes from and does not manipulate it.
The skin should be able to interpret the data correctly and not vice versa. The easiest way is to add in the IncludesVariables.xml a few lines of code about the desired spellings to interpret.
Alternatively, in Media Companion, in the TableView -> select column to view -> certificate -> sort. ... with not too much effort to make a bulk rename.

I have looked in the Skin codes the ratings flags of british BBFC a little closer and had to realize that it was a bit sloppy implemented. (Probably not as important as the skin has its origins in Brazil)

Leave a thumb up if i could help, greetins.
  • 326(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10