MC 3.542b Here!

Main difference from V3.541b is
  • Genre Tag for Movies Fixed
  • Catch if ImdbId field empty for Tv Shows
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Thx for the latest release.

I noticed a couple of things...

1 - Credit field is being populated by the "Director" instead of writers.
2 - When you save something or rescrape something - when MC had finished it defaults to the first file in the list - instead of staying on the file you are working with.

Hope the IMDB scraper is fixed soon.

Appreciate the efforts.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Hey KidKiwi

1. What scraper you using? I've noticed that MC's scraper is populating the director as Director and Credits for all my test movie
But, If I select XBMC TMBd scraper, I get a Crash in MC. Once Restarted, then Director and Credits are correct.

2. Yes, this is to do with the refreshing of the Movie List.
Media Companion Dev.
using 3.542b - tried to get a season poster.
Had The Season Number selected on the left (not the show name).
the right properly(?) shows the fanart, but no image for season poster, or season banner.
http://gyazo.com/95d0b9a6dd7a8ea433fd6cc9a8160867

When I went to Posters as instructed earlier in this thread, it instead shows the show poster, not the season poster. If I click [TVDb Specific], then it pulls in the show posters, and not the season posters.
If I instead click [TVDb All] and select a season poster, it doesn't download it as seasonxx-poster.jpg, but instead replaces the show's poster.jpg.
When you go to the poster tab, at the bottom right, is the option for main poster. If you click the arrow to the right of "Main Poster" you will get a drop down list of seasons. Select the correct season and then click TVDb, wait for posters to populate, then select the poster you wish by selecting the circle directly below the poster, then click "Save Image".

Normally if you are on a season in the Tv Show list, then that season should be in the drop-down box already.

I'll investigate why it's not there already.
Media Companion Dev.
ah, yes. The drop down box is actually in the lower left, didn't even occur to me to change it.
once I changed it to the relative seasons, it was properly getting / saving the right poster,.
go got the following error when trying to click [TVDb Specific] to select a poster.

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at Media_Companion.TVDBScraper.GetPosterList(String tvdbid)

fairly certain is just because thetvdb.com is having issues, but when it is, Media Compan should fail gracefully with a notcie, not crash with an exception.
(2013-02-07, 09:17)vbat99 Wrote: Hey KidKiwi

1. What scraper you using? I've noticed that MC's scraper is populating the director as Director and Credits for all my test movie
But, If I select XBMC TMBd scraper, I get a Crash in MC. Once Restarted, then Director and Credits are correct.

1. - Hmmm...I just DL'd the latest release and scraped a new set of movies and they all came back with the "Credit" field populated by the Director. The scraper is the default one MC uses - pointing at IMDB.

2 - With your response, does that mean it's supposed to act like that, or is it a bug? (the previous version doesn't do it).
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
(2013-02-08, 05:50)Zxurian Wrote: ah, yes. The drop down box is actually in the lower left, didn't even occur to me to change it.
once I changed it to the relative seasons, it was properly getting / saving the right poster,.

This is fixed for the next release, if a season is selected in the TV Show list, then go to Poster tab, the current season is automatically selected in that drop box. Yes, sorry it was on the left. Doh!
(2013-02-08, 06:48)Zxurian Wrote: go got the following error when trying to click [TVDb Specific] to select a poster.

fairly certain is just because thetvdb.com is having issues, but when it is, Media Compan should fail gracefully with a notcie, not crash with an exception.

Noted and added to the To Do List.
Media Companion Dev.
(2013-02-08, 08:11)KidKiwi Wrote:
(2013-02-07, 09:17)vbat99 Wrote: Hey KidKiwi

1. - Hmmm...I just DL'd the latest release and scraped a new set of movies and they all came back with the "Credit" field populated by the Director. The scraper is the default one MC uses - pointing at IMDB.

2 - With your response, does that mean it's supposed to act like that, or is it a bug? (the previous version doesn't do it).
#1 has been fixed and will be in the next release.

#2, Shouldn't be like that I think, but a lot of changes were made for Movies by Jean Braye, and we haven't fully got into the Movie side yet. I'll put on the To Do List also.

Media Companion Dev.
Quote:
(2013-02-08, 06:48)Zxurian Wrote: go got the following error when trying to click [TVDb Specific] to select a poster.

Noted and added to the To Do List.

Easy fix, just
Code:
Try
    'Download file...
Catch ex As WebException
    'do repsonse
End Try

But where this goes is unknown... atleast for me.

For the people leaving bad reviews, YOU try and do better this application has had so many different owners and contributors, we are working on fixing bugs and have been working really hard doing so. I am working on a possible "Setup Wizard" for first time users to set up media folder, xbmc version etc. but this is a WIP and it may not even happen... im only saying this so people can maybe stop complaining and so that they know we are doing stuff to make it "user friendly"

For people that support us thanks and to the people who think we don't do anything about bug reports etc. check the to do list - http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/wikip...le=RoadMap
so I'm not sure what happened, but now whenever I run MediaCompanion and try to select a TV Show, it crashes with the following error:

Code:
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.Load()
   at Media_Companion.Form1.util_ImageLoad(PictureBox PicBox, String ImagePath, String DefaultPic)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.tv_ActorDisplay(Boolean useDefault)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.ComboBox4_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

any ideas?
(2013-02-08, 14:25)Zxurian Wrote: so I'm not sure what happened, but now whenever I run MediaCompanion and try to select a TV Show, it crashes with the following error:

Code:
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.Load()
   at Media_Companion.Form1.util_ImageLoad(PictureBox PicBox, String ImagePath, String DefaultPic)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.tv_ActorDisplay(Boolean useDefault)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.ComboBox4_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

any ideas?

well what changed? please try a fresh install (well not really a fresh install more of a fresh extract)
Form the release reviews
theunisdk Wrote:This app has potential, but currently its shocking. Here a few notes: * Its not intuitive. * After a fresh install on Win7. I right click in the main browser window it gives an error and crashes. * It only fetches info based on filename, not folder name. * Once you drag it in, it exports data immediately. There is no option to not export if it found the wrong movie. etc. Keep trying.

This review is in my opinion not very accurate.

1. Its not intuitive - ok so this maybe true for now atleast
2. It only fetches info based on filename, not folder name. - Check the preferences tabs in general//movies
3. Once you drag it in, it exports data immediately - never even knew you cold drag stuff in Smile

al_cadd9 Wrote:akas.imdb.com still displays titles in a different language from the original (it's a fault on their part, just use <span class="title-extra">), GUI is still almost unusable if you use a different DPI, GUI viewing options (eg: sorting) are not saved. Also I experience frequent crashes.

Thanks for the suggested fix, i don't deal with movie side of things much but i would think that someone would look in to this soon. Aren't most applications unusable with different DPI's? Sorting is on the to-do list but is low priority and we will need more info for those crashes.

And yes i realize[/quote] some people who posted these reviews may not be from here but i feel it's still good to show we are responding to the reviews and fixing issues Smile
(2013-02-08, 19:24)fma965 Wrote: Form the release reviews
theunisdk Wrote:This app has potential, but currently its shocking. Here a few notes: * Its not intuitive. * After a fresh install on Win7. I right click in the main browser window it gives an error and crashes. * It only fetches info based on filename, not folder name. * Once you drag it in, it exports data immediately. There is no option to not export if it found the wrong movie. etc. Keep trying.

This review is in my opinion not very accurate.

1. Its not intuitive - ok so this maybe true for now atleast
2. It only fetches info based on filename, not folder name. - Check the preferences tabs in general//movies
3. Once you drag it in, it exports data immediately - never even knew you cold drag stuff in Smile
Scott, Scott, your being too kind.

1. Not Intuitive - For a reason! Everyone sorts their library their own way. We allow for all options but the user has to make the final decision how/where their library is sorted.
2. (As per Scott) - Check the Preference tabs before anything else!!!
3. (Yes, you can drag a movie into the main movie list) - And that's because we leave it up to the user to make sure the name is valid! We can't guess what the Scene might name the file for you, or if a person does a Typo. BUT, we do allow to "Change Movie"

MC Is all about getting the info for the user, and however the user has it sorted. BUT, it's not idiot proof (I mean, if we made it idiot proof, we'd just get a better form of idiot come along)

It's up to the user to make certain filenames/Folders etc, are right. Movies or TV.
Media Companion Dev.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10