• 363(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
(2020-03-31, 01:28)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-03-31, 00:24)MANswers Wrote: Vbat, I am facing an issue with the way Media Companion is scraping movies for me.
Looks like MC is scraping multiple studio information for several movies. For eg:- the Movie 9 its main studio is Focus Features, but as you see below.. it has scrapped multiple information under studio.  Hence Studio icon does not show up for me in the UI.
How do i avoid this? Is there a way I can just fix this without having to delete every single NFO file from my Movie folder and re-scrape the movies using MC?
Quote:    <studio>Tim Burton Productions</studio>
    <studio>Relativity Media</studio>
    <studio>Arc Productions</studio>
    <studio>Starz Animation</studio>
    <studio>Focus Features</studio>

So what your wanting is to limit the studios scraped to just one.
Change the Maximum number of studios you want MC to scrape to one in Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab.
Does the maximum number of genres affect the number of studios also? can i have more than 1 for genres and just one for studio? Also how does the studio scraping work? does it scrape the primary studio house if the maximum number of studios is set to 1?
(2020-03-31, 02:29)MANswers Wrote:
(2020-03-31, 01:28)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-03-31, 00:24)MANswers Wrote: Vbat, I am facing an issue with the way Media Companion is scraping movies for me.
Looks like MC is scraping multiple studio information for several movies. For eg:- the Movie 9 its main studio is Focus Features, but as you see below.. it has scrapped multiple information under studio.  Hence Studio icon does not show up for me in the UI.
How do i avoid this? Is there a way I can just fix this without having to delete every single NFO file from my Movie folder and re-scrape the movies using MC?

So what your wanting is to limit the studios scraped to just one.
Change the Maximum number of studios you want MC to scrape to one in Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab.
Does the maximum number of genres affect the number of studios also? can i have more than 1 for genres and just one for studio? Also how does the studio scraping work? does it scrape the primary studio house if the maximum number of studios is set to 1?

Genre's doesn't affect studios, sorry to sound blunt but that's why there are two different selectors.
As for which studio is scraped, its the first one listed.

From checking on TMDB and IMDb, neither site list a primary Studio.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2020-03-31, 02:37)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-03-31, 02:29)MANswers Wrote:
(2020-03-31, 01:28)vbat99 Wrote: So what your wanting is to limit the studios scraped to just one.

Genre's doesn't affect studios, sorry to sound blunt but that's why there are two different selectors.
As for which studio is scraped, its the first one listed.

From checking on TMDB and IMDb, neither site list a primary Studio. 

Thanks, this helps a lot. I just went into my movie folder did a wild card search for *.nfo and just deleted every single nfo file for my 2000+ movies. I know I took a risk, but oh well, atleast i will now have something to do while I am at home during this pandemic, it might take me few days to get all the missed/wrong movies right..
(2020-03-31, 07:04)MANswers Wrote: Thanks, this helps a lot. I just went into my movie folder did a wild card search for *.nfo and just deleted every single nfo file for my 2000+ movies. I know I took a risk, but oh well, atleast i will now have something to do while I am at home during this pandemic, it might take me few days to get all the missed/wrong movies right..

A bit extreme.

You could have set the Studios to quantity of 1, then used the Batch Rescrape Wizard to rescrape just Studios for all your movies.
Replied to your PM.
Media Companion Dev.
Vbat is there a way to add a fanart or poster manually to a movie? For eg:- after scraping a certain movie was found on TMDB without poster, but was able to grab rest of the information, I have manually downloaded the poster and fanart and saved it to the movie poster, i am wondering if there is a way to add those through MC?
Ah, i am back again with another question, sorry about that, and thanks for your paitence in replying back.
I have commpleteing scraping all of my 2000+ movies, i am sure there are few movies for which the scraping method did not work, Is there a way to see the list of movies in MC for which the scraper did not find the movie information? Right now I have to go through the entire list one by one.
(2020-03-31, 17:27)MANswers Wrote: Vbat is there a way to add a fanart or poster manually to a movie? For eg:- after scraping a certain movie was found on TMDB without poster, but was able to grab rest of the information, I have manually downloaded the poster and fanart and saved it to the movie poster, i am wondering if there is a way to add those through MC?

Yes, Both Fanart and Poster tab for movies has the option to paste from clipboard, paste a URL or browse for Fanart/Poster Image, or google search for an image.

https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion...FanartArt/

I would suggest reading the Wiki completely.
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-03-31, 20:23)MANswers Wrote: Ah, i am back again with another question, sorry about that, and thanks for your paitence in replying back.
I have commpleteing scraping all of my 2000+ movies, i am sure there are few movies for which the scraping method did not work, Is there a way to see the list of movies in MC for which the scraper did not find the movie information? Right now I have to go through the entire list one by one.

Yes, if there was an NFO saved for a miscraped movies, check General Filter, look for Scrape Error entry.
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-03-31, 20:59)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-03-31, 20:23)MANswers Wrote: Ah, i am back again with another question, sorry about that, and thanks for your paitence in replying back.

Yes, if there was an NFO saved for a miscraped movies, check General Filter, look for Scrape Error entry. 

Cool thank you. Really appreciate it.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.743
Date: 2020-04-01

**Known Issues**
A few requested features as well as some good bugs squashed.

TVDb has been hard at work fixing their bugs, but still at times their API site has gone offline. This is out of Media Companions hands, if this occurs for you, please be patient and try again later.
All TVDb issues in progress or fixed are listed at and updated at: https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=60239

New:
  • MC - Media Export add <<moviesetid>> and fron nfo, setid.
  • MC - Media Export add <<htmlcreatedate>> users can now datestamp their exported file.

Fixed:
  • TV - Fix scrape episodes if series is not in a root Tv folder.
  • TV - Fix update treeview if nfo watch status changed outside of Media Companion's cache file.
  • Movie - Fix missed change from "English - US" to "English" for TMDb Language.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.743b x86 & x64

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.744
Date: 2020-04-02

**Known Issues**
Clean up some bugs introduced/missed in last release.

New:

Fixed:
  • TV - Use correct language selected for scraper source of series.
  • TV - Added write test added folders.
  • TV - Refix get TMDB Languages for series on TV Show Selector tab.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.744b x86 & x64

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
Since updating to the latest release (3.744) my movie list is now empty, but my tv list is still showing.

I have gone thru all the settings and cannot see how my movies are no longer showing 

Any settings I should reset.clear to re-populate my movie list ?
(2020-04-03, 14:45)Ozpeg Wrote: Since updating to the latest release (3.744) my movie list is now empty, but my tv list is still showing.

I have gone thru all the settings and cannot see how my movies are no longer showing 

Any settings I should reset.clear to re-populate my movie list ?

Are you getting a count of how many movies in the movie browser tab? EG Displaying x of 9
If you have a total count, but its show Displaying 0 of xxx
Reset all your filters by disabling them. by clicking button Reset Filters and also:
Media Companion Dev.
Thanks vbat

I had another go at it this morning, and it's now showing my movies, but I have 2 different problems

1. I am seeing a lot of movie duplication per the link below - is there an easy way to remove them ?
Imagehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1uBFbK43...sp=sharing

2. I have the MCU, Star Wars and Harry Potter movies set up in Kodi in Universes, and to facilitate this I have manually renamed the movie files with a prefix (e.g. MCU010, MCU020 etc.,)
MC is picking up the prefix as part of the movie name and not showing any details when being scraped.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1azlczoC...sp=sharing

These 2 issues have only popped up since upgrading to the latest version for some weird reason
(2020-04-04, 02:41)Ozpeg Wrote: Thanks vbat

I had another go at it this morning, and it's now showing my movies, but I have 2 different problems

1. I am seeing a lot of movie duplication per the link below - is there an easy way to remove them ?
Imagehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1uBFbK43...sp=sharing

2. I have the MCU, Star Wars and Harry Potter movies set up in Kodi in Universes, and to facilitate this I have manually renamed the movie files with a prefix (e.g. MCU010, MCU020 etc.,)
MC is picking up the prefix as part of the movie name and not showing any details when being scraped.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1azlczoC...sp=sharing

These 2 issues have only popped up since upgrading to the latest version for some weird reason

Can't help with No.1 as no idea what filename/structure are involved with those duplicate entries.

As for No.2 - Because the movie names can not be found, MC can't scrape them. This is not a Media Companion issue.
Biggest pointer is having the year at the end as 1901

I believe your naming them like this to get them in the viewing order, but this is what the Sort Order entry is for in Media Companion.
Top Right, you can name the movie as you like to have it shown in a particular order.

Alternatively, you could use Tags to order and group all movies into MCU order.
Media Companion Dev.
  • 363(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10