• 386(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
Hey man! Hope things are going well. Quick question/request:  How difficult would it be to port the Naming/Renaming option from Movie Preferences to TV Preferences? Not gonna lie, would be really helpful in cleaning up my series if I  could move them to an Alpha folder like with movies. I think it should work independently of RegEx, wouldn't it? Anyway, just an idea. Thanks for keeping things alive, mate!
(2022-11-05, 04:09)RonnieG3 Wrote: Hey man! Hope things are going well. Quick question/request:  How difficult would it be to port the Naming/Renaming option from Movie Preferences to TV Preferences? Not gonna lie, would be really helpful in cleaning up my series if I  could move them to an Alpha folder like with movies. I think it should work independently of RegEx, wouldn't it? Anyway, just an idea. Thanks for keeping things alive, mate!

Have been trying to get this working, but at present not getting much progress. It will come to TV, but it may be a while.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
I have a profile issue

I have two profiles; one is startup and the second is default

Startup profile works well.  When I switch profiles to the default, initially all my movies are listed in the main browser movie tab with art etc.  But any attempt to filter the movie list results in nothing being shown.  I have to do a "refresh" and then the filters work.

Going into preferences and switching the startup profile to the default one and restarting brings up the default profile as expected, and now it works without having to refresh.

scott s.
(2022-11-12, 22:04)scott967 Wrote: I have a profile issue

Startup profile works well.  When I switch profiles to the default, initially all my movies are listed in the main browser movie tab with art etc.  But any attempt to filter the movie list results in nothing being shown.  I have to do a "refresh" and then the filters work.

Going into preferences and switching the startup profile to the default one and restarting brings up the default profile as expected, and now it works without having to refresh.

scott s.

Sound like when switching profiles, the filter data is not being updated like a refresh does.
I will check into this.
Media Companion Dev.
Hi. Cant get my textures database to work in Media Companion xbmc link. Using Kodi 19 Libreelec on pi3. Everything else is fine. Am I missing something?

Frodo Enabled -> Passed
Pre-Frodo only movies ('.tbn' posters instead of '-poster.jpg') : 0 -> Passed
XBMC PC Ping -> Passed
XBMC Connect -> Passed
Userdata Folder -> Passed
TexturesDb File -> Passed
TexturesDb Connection -> Failed
TexturesDb Version (Frodo needed) -> Failed
Thumbnails Folder -> Passed
Movie folder(s) configured -> Passed
Movie Folder mappings set (NB Actual paths not validated as applicable to XBMC PC) -> Passed
Overall -> Failed
@vbat99

FYI... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=370489
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I can't work out how the fanart is automatically selected. What I’m looking for is a high quality image without any text. Often lower ranked images are selected from TMDB and nothing from Fanart.tv despite what I have configured in the settings.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
(2022-11-25, 12:57)Herman Munster Wrote: I can't work out how the fanart is automatically selected. What I’m looking for is a high quality image without any text. Often lower ranked images are selected from TMDB and nothing from Fanart.tv despite what I have configured in the settings.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Late response I know, but MC has no method to determine if the image contains text.
Which is why there is the manual method of User selecting the fanart they prefer.

MC will attempt to get the selected image resolution from your selected Preferences.
Check Preferences -> Common Settings
And select the preferred image resolution.
If that resolution is not available, MC will select the next lowest resolution image. Please note: MC can downscale images, but will not upscale.
Media Companion Dev.
Hey Rob.  Was wondering if there is a way to get extra posters and fanart without rescraping everything for the movie?  Thanks.

Disregard, found it.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Awesome, was gonna suggest Batch rescrape Wizard, just select two or more movies, then run Batch Rescrape Wizard selecting Extra artwork etc.
Cheers
Media Companion Dev.
Still on wish list for home movies:
<premiered> element in lieu of <year>
<uniqueid> element with a notional type like "home" and set to "default"

scott s.
Premiered added for Home Movies.

Unable to add UniqueId with type "home" as home is not a valid value in Kodi.
Media Companion Dev.
(2022-11-12, 22:04)scott967 Wrote: I have a profile issue

scott s.

@scott967
Fix in place for the next release out in couple of days.
Media Companion Dev.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.758
Date: 2023-01-12

New requested options, couple of bugs squashed.

Changes:
  • TV - Episode had runtime saved twice.
  • TV - Match downsize poster/fanart to movie menu dropdown order.
  • TV - Fix display Series ID for correct source when selecting a season.
  • TV - IF on Tv Webbrowser tab, right click to change tvdb, imdb, tmdb will refresh browser to newly selected source.
  • TV - Add Size, Season number and Episode number to overlay of Fanart image.
  • TV - Completed get missing episode data from TMDB for TMDB scraped series.
  • HomeMovie - Change Year node to Premiered.
  • MC - Final fix changing Profiles updated selected filters.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.758b x86 & x64

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
vbat99.

Related to tvshow naming, I currently have all my episodes files named S01E01 and would like to name the files to:

Lie to Me (2009) S01E01.

Can MC help me rename all files?

Thanks
  • 386(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10