• 79(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
@Rob: you got the release version number wrong in couple of posts above this one...
~Web and graphic designer... Linux enthusiast... Python Fan... A Gooner~
[AMD A10-7850K 3.7 Ghz, Radeon R7]
[Fedora 27] | [Kodi - 17.6 / Skin - Grid]

(2013-11-08, 04:06)akya Wrote: @Rob: you got the release version number wrong in couple of posts above this one...

Yep I goofed that one. Lol
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2013-11-08, 03:44)vbat99 Wrote: Sorry for late reply, will look into multi-part movies in folders

Not sure why in batch wizard rename files can't be selected.

Thanx for getting back to me. I found another setting that Handles "part" file renaming and handling so changed that which now correctly handles two part movies with only one set of data files being scrapped. I have not had time to pay the movie to see if it starts and switched parts correctly yet, will try it and report back.

So can you select the rename files tick box in batch mode or is it also a problem for you?

Also today I had some new movies downloaded and ran MC which renamed the movie file correctly but created it in a folder with no name like this;

() 1080p ac ch

So it missed the movie title and year (which should have been in the brackets) but it did successfully move and rename the original movie file in to this new folder which should of had movie title and year followed by video and audio formats. It also scrapped .info and artwork.

I'm also trying to get utorrent to start MC after transferring movies to my movie folder. I made a short cut on my desk top to run:

P:/movies/media companion 3.585b/mc_com.exe -m -v

Is that the correct way to enter it in to utorrent or does it need any " "?
Media Companion 3.586b Released

The Return of multi-episodes!!
Big thanks to Billy who returned to fix the longest issue with MC, the loss of displaying multi-episode, ie: S01E01E02 etc.
There are a couple of bugs still outstanding with multi-episodes, biggest one being rescrape episode. If you wish to rescrape a multi-episode, please delete the nfo and use Search New. This bug is next priority to being resolved.

Download here

Revision History here
Media Companion Dev.

(2013-11-08, 11:29)angusc Wrote:
(2013-11-08, 03:44)vbat99 Wrote: Sorry for late reply, will look into multi-part movies in folders

Not sure why in batch wizard rename files can't be selected.

Thanx for getting back to me. I found another setting that Handles "part" file renaming and handling so changed that which now correctly handles two part movies with only one set of data files being scrapped. I have not had time to pay the movie to see if it starts and switched parts correctly yet, will try it and report back.

So can you select the rename files tick box in batch mode or is it also a problem for you?

Also today I had some new movies downloaded and ran MC which renamed the movie file correctly but created it in a folder with no name like this;

() 1080p ac ch

So it missed the movie title and year (which should have been in the brackets) but it did successfully move and rename the original movie file in to this new folder which should of had movie title and year followed by video and audio formats. It also scrapped .info and artwork.

I'm also trying to get utorrent to start MC after transferring movies to my movie folder. I made a short cut on my desk top to run:

P:/movies/media companion 3.585b/mc_com.exe -m -v

Is that the correct way to enter it in to utorrent or does it need any " "?

Glad you found the area to handle part files. Sorry, I've been busy helping with a long term bug, and getting a new release out.

I haven't been able to see why the rename box is disabled for you. I think I'd need to get your config.xml file.
Also not sure why the folder was named () 1080p ac ch

As for running the command line, I recommend a batch file for utorrent to call.

Get the batch file to look something like
Code:
P:
cd Movies
cd "media companion 3.585b"
mc_com.exe -m -v

As for your other issue, can I suggest signing up to codeplex, and opening an issue with Media Companion. Link

That way, you can attach your config.xml file, and we can correspond easily, and track where we're at.

Thanks.
Media Companion Dev.
Awesome update man.. Now my XBMC and MC both show Number of episodes = 6582 Big Grin Angel
~Web and graphic designer... Linux enthusiast... Python Fan... A Gooner~
[AMD A10-7850K 3.7 Ghz, Radeon R7]
[Fedora 27] | [Kodi - 17.6 / Skin - Grid]

Yes, worth a general "Thank You" to Vbat99 for all his work on this over the last year or more... So many updates to tweak bits and keep it running smooth. Really great job!
Media Companion 3.587b Released

Tv Fixes in for locked shows and more

Download here

Revision History here
Media Companion Dev.
Hi,

I have just noticed that i get "scraper error" for Votes when i scrape movies using the Media Companions built-in scraper. It seems like i have had this issue have happened for quit some time now and have been there for at least the 5 latest releases. Is this a known bug or it is jus my installation of Media Companion that have this issue.

Thanks in advance. //Krister
(2013-11-12, 09:53)KRKA01 Wrote: Hi,

I have just noticed that i get "scraper error" for Votes when i scrape movies using the Media Companions built-in scraper. It seems like i have had this issue have happened for quit some time now and have been there for at least the 5 latest releases. Is this a known bug or it is jus my installation of Media Companion that have this issue.

Just tested by scraping movie R.I.P.D., Votes are populating correctly. No scraper error's.

Suggest you try a clean install in a separate directory, and just test with one or two movies to see if that's resolved it for you.
Media Companion Dev.
(2013-11-12, 11:13)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-11-12, 09:53)KRKA01 Wrote: Hi,

Just tested by scraping movie R.I.P.D., Votes are populating correctly. No scraper error's.

Suggest you try a clean install in a separate directory, and just test with one or two movies to see if that's resolved it for you.

Thanks for the reply. I did an clean install of the latest version of Media Companion 3.587b and changed the movie preference i prefer. I created an dummy file called R.I.P.D.iso in an folder called R.I.P.D and did a test for the same movie as you. To my suprise i still got scraper error for Votes.

This make my suspect that some setting in the Movie Preference i made is causing this. I called a friend who also use Media Companion with a similar settings like i have and he confirmed that he also gets scraper error for Votes. If i have the Preferred Language set to swedish i will get scraper error and if i set it to English - US i get the correct Votes.
(2013-11-12, 16:59)KRKA01 Wrote: . If i have the Preferred Language set to swedish i will get scraper error and if i set it to English - US i get the correct Votes.

That's the info we need, as I'm set to English only.

Will have a look, see what's going on.
Media Companion Dev.
(2013-11-12, 16:59)KRKA01 Wrote: Thanks for the reply. I did an clean install of the latest version of Media Companion 3.587b and changed the movie preference i prefer. I created an dummy file called R.I.P.D.iso in an folder called R.I.P.D and did a test for the same movie as you. To my surprise i still got scraper error for Votes.

This make my suspect that some setting in the Movie Preference i made is causing this. I called a friend who also use Media Companion with a similar settings like i have and he confirmed that he also gets scraper error for Votes. If i have the Preferred Language set to Swedish i will get scraper error and if i set it to English - US i get the correct Votes.

Found the issue and fixed, will be in the next release.
Media Companion Dev.
Does this app work if my movie collection is on an Unraid SMB share? I tried searching this thread for "unraid" and it came up empty.

I tried pointing my movie folder in media companion to my unraid share, but when I click the search button, nothing comes up.

Thanks for any help.

Matt

(2013-11-13, 07:38)maddog808 Wrote: Does this app work if my movie collection is on an Unraid SMB share? I tried searching this thread for "unraid" and it came up empty.

I tried pointing my movie folder in media companion to my unraid share, but when I click the search button, nothing comes up.

Thanks for any help.

Matt

Never mind. I didn't realize I had to click the "save" button after adding the movie folder. It's busy scraping now!! Big Grin
My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR
(2013-11-13, 07:38)maddog808 Wrote: Does this app work if my movie collection is on an Unraid SMB share? I tried searching this thread for "unraid" and it came up empty.

Thanks for any help.

Matt

Thanks for any help.

Matt

Never mind. I didn't realize I had to click the "save" button after adding the movie folder. It's busy scraping now!! Big Grin
Big GrinBig GrinLaughLaugh

Having two friends with their collection hosted on unRaid servers, I know it does work, but I also know they use mapped drives in Windows, not smb addresses.

Glad you got it working.Nod
Media Companion Dev.
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10