• 101(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
(2014-07-17, 20:36)djvj Wrote: Sure
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:VideoExtras

Did you see my 2nd post just above your reply?
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
No I did not. I do now. I was looking for an exclude setting and I couldn't find one. I'll look again, thanks.
Have a problem to report. In MC v3.5.9.8 running on Win 7 x64 when I attempt to take a screenshot of a TV show episode (using ffmpeg) MC throws an exception and has to be killed. Works fine in 3.5.9.7.b

scott s.
(2014-07-17, 22:09)scott967 Wrote: Have a problem to report. In MC v3.5.9.8 running on Win 7 x64 when I attempt to take a screenshot of a TV show episode (using ffmpeg) MC throws an exception and has to be killed. Works fine in 3.5.9.7.b

scott s.

Can you post up the exception please.

Note. There has recently been code changes in this section, but nothing to do with screenshot between 3.597 & 3.598. So I may have a test-build you can try, but would like to see the exception please.
Media Companion Dev.
Just an update, the exclude folder works great! Thanks vbat99.
(2014-07-17, 22:28)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-07-17, 22:09)scott967 Wrote: Have a problem to report. In MC v3.5.9.8 running on Win 7 x64 when I attempt to take a screenshot of a TV show episode (using ffmpeg) MC throws an exception and has to be killed. Works fine in 3.5.9.7.b

scott s.

Can you post up the exception please.

Note. There has recently been code changes in this section, but nothing to do with screenshot between 3.597 & 3.598. So I may have a test-build you can try, but would like to see the exception please.

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at Media_Companion.Form1.TvEpThumbScreenShot()

scott s.
(2014-07-19, 04:01)scott967 Wrote: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

scott s.

(0x80004005): Access is denied is the give-away that Media Companion may be extracted to a secure location, ie: User folder, or there is an issue with where the Screenshot is being saved to.

for Media companion, it is recommended to not have it extracted to the Desktop or a User folder, but to the C Drive (or D Drive if you prefer), ie: C:\Media Companion
As for the location where the screenshot is being saved to, if this is a NAS, then please check you have Write permission.
Media Companion Dev.
(2014-07-19, 09:16)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-07-19, 04:01)scott967 Wrote: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied

scott s.

(0x80004005): Access is denied is the give-away that Media Companion may be extracted to a secure location, ie: User folder, or there is an issue with where the Screenshot is being saved to.

for Media companion, it is recommended to not have it extracted to the Desktop or a User folder, but to the C Drive (or D Drive if you prefer), ie: C:\Media Companion
As for the location where the screenshot is being saved to, if this is a NAS, then please check you have Write permission.

It is installed on a local HDD NTFS volume set as E: Same place as all the other versions which haven't had this problem. I looked at the folder permissions, and they are identical for the working and non-working installs. (Administrators group has full control, users group has read and execute). As an experiment I gave users group full control on the folder but that didn't make any difference. Also tried running the program as administrator but that didn't make any difference either.

The screenshot is being saved to another local HDD NTFS volume F:. In all cases my TV Show root folder is set to F:\VideoF\TV Shows.

scott s.
Could you please make sure the Assets folder within Media Companion folder has the same permissions, and also the file ffmpeg.exe.

It's definitely a security permissions issue in Windows 7. Running Win 7 x64 myself without issue for screenshot.
Media Companion Dev.
How can I autoamtically delete the entries in the data base of movies no more existing or movies having been moved?
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
(2014-07-21, 13:03)Dirki Wrote: How can I autoamtically delete the entries in the data base of movies no more existing or movies having been moved?

Select the movie in MC, right-click it and select Remove selected movie(s) from list
or
Click Refresh button
Media Companion Dev.
Many thanks, vbat99.

Quote:Select the movie in MC, right-click it and select Remove selected movie(s) from list
Yes, or press the Del key, but doing it for each single movie would be a bit inconvenient.

Quote:Click Refresh button
Yes, I had tried it, but the entries of the movies (marked red) not existing anymore keep staying.
(2014-07-21, 20:32)Dirki Wrote: Many thanks, vbat99.

Quote:Select the movie in MC, right-click it and select Remove selected movie(s) from list
Yes, or press the Del key, but doing it for each single movie would be a bit inconvenient.

Quote:Click Refresh button
Yes, I had tried it, but the entries of the movies (marked red) not existing anymore keep staying.

You have the option Include Missing Video files selected. In Movie Preferences -> General tab, just above the Apply Changes button, unselect Include Missing Video files. Then do a Refresh

This option means the video file is missing, but the nfo still exists. You really need to find these nfo's and possibly the artwork, and delete them manually.
Media Companion Dev.
Ah yes, alright, done. Many thanks.

Is there in the new MC version the production country included now?
(2014-07-21, 22:23)Dirki Wrote: Ah yes, alright, done. Many thanks.

Is there in the new MC version the production country included now?

Not yet.
Media Companion Dev.
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10