• 211(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
(2016-04-15, 06:29)vbat99 Wrote: @ifsnop

Let me know how this release goes with some of your movies with accented characters.

I'm currently re-scrapping some titles, I will update, but everything looks OK.

BTW: How do I need to rename this episode?

http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=episode...id=4657399

It is a Special episode from IT Crowd. Looks like MC doesn't like this "season sepcial", because it is never shown, even when using the "display missing episodes".
Specials are season 0, so name it s00e04.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2016-04-15, 06:29)vbat99 Wrote: @ifsnop

Let me know how this release goes with some of your movies with accented characters.

The first scrape (when using Search New button) failed with this title "La novia cadáver (2005) Tim Burton, Mike Johnson.dual.subs.mkv", but succeded when using the "Change Movie" tab. The accented "á" displayed ok in the search box, and imdb listed the film at the first result.
(2016-04-18, 00:03)vbat99 Wrote: Specials are season 0, so name it s00e04.

This is the output from the log:

Code:
Scanned "1" Shows.
Scanned "6" folders (includes Show and subfolders).
"1" Episodes found.
With File : S:\1\series_1\Los informáticos (The IT Crowd)\s0\s00e01 The Last Byte.mp4
Detected  : Season : 00 Episode : 01
WARNING: Could not locate this episode on TVDB, or TVDB may be unavailable

Operation Completed
Seems there is no episode 1 in specials
http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=season&serie...6660&lid=7

Only shows episodes 4 & 5

This happens when the admins of TVDb decide an episode was not a valid aired episode. They don't like users placing specials that were only on the DVD or BD disc's.

As a work-around, scrape episode S00E04 and copy it's nfo. Rename it
s00e01 The Last Byte.mp4

Edit it, changing the episode number from 4 to 1. Change the episodes title, and either delete or write your own plot.
Media Companion Dev.
Hi vbat99,
I'm using an older version (3.585b) for many years now, it has done all that I need it to. (Re naming, adding recorded audio format and downloading art), however the last two times that I used it to scrap from the command line it has renamed all the movie files with the same name! The folders maintain their correct names. Do you have any idea why this would happen? This tinge the name used for all movies is "American beauty".....

P.S. I have now downloaded the latest version of MC. To retain all my previous version settings do I only need to copy over the "settings" folder from the old version in to the new version root folder?

Sent from my SM-G935F
(2016-04-19, 21:57)angusc Wrote: Hi vbat99,
I'm using an older version (3.585b) for many years now, it has done all that I need it to. (Re naming, adding recorded audio format and downloading art), however the last two times that I used it to scrap from the command line it has renamed all the movie files with the same name! The folders maintain their correct names. Do you have any idea why this would happen? This tinge the name used for all movies is "American beauty".....

P.S. I have now downloaded the latest version of MC. To retain all my previous version settings do I only need to copy over the "settings" folder from the old version in to the new version root folder?

Sent from my SM-G935F

3.585b was a number of versions ago, and a lot has changed, including improvements with the renaming code.

Since your talking about a large jump from 3.585b to the latest 3.649b, you can go about this two ways.
1. (Recommended).
Start fresh. Don't copy your settings folder.
Why I suggest this is due to a number of code and preferences changes that have happened. This will ensure you have no problems.

2. Copy over only your config.xml file.
Fire up the new Media Companion once. shut it down.
Copy the config.xml from old Media Companion Settings folder, to the new MC's Settings folder. Overwrite the existing config.xml in the new MC folder.
Start Media Companion again. When it is fully open. close it once again. - This will allow new settings to be saved to your config.xml file.
Start MC again, and do a Refresh All for Movies and TV. - This will rebuild the movie and tv cache.xml files.

If option two fails. Just delete the Settings folder and restart Media Companion. It will create a new folder and new config.xml file. You will then have to set up Media Companion as to your preferred settings.

Hope this is of help.

Rob.
Media Companion Dev.
I am Using Jwplayer in WordPress websites for .m3u8 stream file but this player is not working, i am using this on

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.listenfmradios.com/SWFPlayer.swf" width="303" height="20" id="mpl" name="mpl" quality="high" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="false" flashvars="autostart=true&amp;duration=99999&amp;file=http://yayin34.canlitvlive.com/trt1/live.m3u8">

Ecouter Radio En Direct
Ecouter Radio En Direct
(2016-04-19, 23:12)Bajwa007 Wrote: I am Using Jwplayer in WordPress websites for .m3u8 stream file but this player is not working, i am using this on

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.listenfmradios.com/SWFPlayer.swf" width="303" height="20" id="mpl" name="mpl" quality="high" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="false" flashvars="autostart=true&amp;duration=99999&amp;file=http://yayin34.canlitvlive.com/trt1/live.m3u8">

Ecouter Radio En Direct
Ecouter Radio En Direct

Is this related to Media Companion program?

Think you may have posted in incorrect thread.
Media Companion Dev.
Thanx vbat99, I will do the fresh install and see how that goes.

Sent from my SM-G935F
Not sure if things changes.

I loved that Media Companion RENAMED the folder during scraping as opposed to just creating a new folder.

It seems with the latest build.....3.6.4.9 it will no longer do that.

In Preferences...General Tab

- Rename Movie Setting

Checked - Folder

It must be a setting that I am missing.

BTW...I already tried a clean install.

As always awesome software.
Media Companion always creates a new movie folder, then if the original folder is empty, it gets deleted.

It has always been this way since I coded it into mediacompanion.

For safety, to ensure the new folder does already exist. And it is the recommended method when coding.
Media Companion Dev.
(2016-04-25, 09:16)vbat99 Wrote: Media Companion always creates a new movie folder, then if the original folder is empty, it gets deleted.

It has always been this way since I coded it into mediacompanion.

For safety, to ensure the new folder does already exist. And it is the recommended method when coding.
Hi vbat99,

Sometimes the old folder does not get deleted when I scrape. Other times it can be a mixture of some old folders deleted and others not....all folders downloaded from the same provider. There is always a movie file and the providers .jpg image in the original folder before the scrape. How to get MC to delete the image file?

Sent from my SM-G935F
(2016-04-10, 22:25)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-04-10, 21:12)tars Wrote: Does MC support moving files across drives?
Say I want to move highest-rated 250 movies that are scattered across C, D, and E drive to F drive.
How can I achieve this?

- No sub-folder for each movie
- Many movies have external subtitle files
- Use a central Actor thumb folder and a central Movie Set Artwork folder

No, MC does not support moving movies between root folders, or different drives.
For one, I, and I mean MediaCompanion in this, do not want to be responsible for loss of data, which can occur.
Two, how is MC to know which root folder or drive the movie belongs to.
Three, It's not MC's responsibility to organise or re-arrange files.

Media Companion is a Scraper for XBMC/Kodi first and foremost, with some folder and file renaming functions. Moving of Movies across Root Movie Folders will not be incorporated into Media Companion.

Problem solved. Found out copying filtered movies is already supported via "Export Selected Movies" context menu command. It copies not only movie file but all files with the same filname (nfo, external subtitles, and image files) as well, which is exactly what I wanted. The only remaining issue was deleting those files from the original folder after copying, but tons of file managers can handle such task.
But it would be still useful if MC can export file list of selected movies (not just movie files but all files with the same filename) from movie filter panel. Can you add additional context menu command "Export Selected Movies List" or provide an export template for that?
  • 211(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10