update library using json and curl?
This is possible with current master using JSON-RPC's VideoLibrary.Scan as well but it's not possible in Eden. In Eden you can only update the whole video library but in master you can also pass a path to a specific directory/source to only update items from that directory.

I always recommend not to use the HTTP-API if possible because it is deprecated and will be removed in the near future (with 99% certainty before the next stable release). It is not maintained anymore which means there are known bugs that are not and will not be fixed (at least certainly not by me). I don't even keep track of those bugs.

Forgot to mention that the argument needs to be an absolute path, a source name won't work (neither in JSON-RPC nor in HTTP-API).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Messages In This Thread
RE: update library using json and curl? - by Montellese - 2012-04-22, 13:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
update library using json and curl?0