How do I find the fanart I really want for movieset fanart?
Been using XBMC for a couple of weeks now and I'm really at loss as to how I can find the fanart I want when it already exists in my thumbs folder. I don't like how my thumbs folder is organized (seems to be automatic by XBMC), it's folders whose name is just a number (0 thru 9), then a thru f.

For example I have fanart for Alien 1, 2, 3. I love Alien 1 fanart the best. This is what I want to use for movieset fanart.

But when I click on it to "edit movieset fanart", all I'm seeing is empty folder with "Browse..".

Sure, I can navigate to my thumb folder very easily, but I have no idea where to find Alien 1 fanart easily without having to click on literally dozens of .tbn files until I finally find what I want.

There has got to be an easier way.. is there?
Help please?
Look up the movie on themoviedb.com and download the fanart from there
(2012-04-25, 06:00)sialivi Wrote: Look up the movie on themoviedb.com and download the fanart from there

Erm, I'm not sure you understood my issue. I already have the fanart/thumbs downloaded.. I'm having troubles finding what I want in the folders/files that I have ALREADY downloaded.

Perhaps to better illustrate my problem I'll add screenshots:

Starting by editing movieset fanart..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77665410@N04/6965594846/

Hmm.. only real choice I have is to browse..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77665410@N04/7111671269/

I navigated to my thumbs folder, and well, how do I find the fanart I'm already using for Harry Potter movie #3 in my collection, for example, and use it as my MOVIESET fanart?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77665410@N04/6965595166/

Do you see my issue? I'm thinking I'm missing something obvious - either I overlooked an option that will allow me to save fanart/thumbs inside the movie folders, or there's an easy way to navigate to the fanart image file I want if I know the movie name I want, but I haven't figured this one out yet.

Plus, I cannot even figure out how to do your suggestion either - I don't see any way to visit movieDB from the screenshots I provided.

Anyone?

Is there a way to have my scrapers (MovieDB, TVDB) put fanart & thumbs into movie folders instead so I can easily navigate to those fanarts I want when updating my movieset fanart?
Your images start out hidden inside your xbmc database in a not-very-human-readable way. My suggestion is to do an export of your library. When you do this, all of your images will be placed in the folders associated with their movies/tv-shows. They'll be in the database too, but they'll be much easier to find.

To do an export, go to system-video-library-export video library.

Then select separate files per entry.

Once XBMC finishes exporting, you'll be able to navigate to the Harry Potter folder where your movie is, and find all the applicable already downloaded fanart.
will try that suggestion out - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I find the fanart I really want for movieset fanart?0