Any interest in hiding tv thumbnails when hiding plot?
(2014-07-26, 15:09)crash123 Wrote:
(2014-07-25, 14:40)Ned Scott Wrote: To be fair, TVDB doesn't allow other users to upload different versions of the episode thumb. This has given me crazy for a while. It's the only artwork on TVDB that is first-come-first-serve, and whoever sets it is the only person who can change it. What gets me is that people will often choose really bad images that are not descriptive of the episode, but instead just show some hot girl character in a generic pose.

If TVDB allowed voting on thumbnails like they do for posters, banners, and fanart, then it would fix a couple of problems. I'm not holding my breath though, as far as TVDB goes.
If you asked the mods in thetvdb forum they'll probably allow you to change it.

They'd get really tied of me really quickly, because there are a LOT of screen shots I'd like to see changed. Plus, what happens when the original uploader objects to the picture change?

I just can't justify spending any more time on TVDB. The philosophy there needs to change. For example, things like locking shows because they're old is silly. An old show that is no longer airing can still have a horrifically bad summary.

They require the community to make TVDB useful, but they then shut the community out too much when it comes to feedback on how the site operates. I'd rather spend my time on something else.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any interest in hiding tv thumbnails when hiding plot? - by Ned Scott - 2014-07-27, 05:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any interest in hiding tv thumbnails when hiding plot? 3