• 8(current)
Any interest in hiding tv thumbnails when hiding plot?
Well there's no blurring available anyway. Wink

For my skin I used the fanart as the background image with a TV show logo on top -

DefaultInProgressShows.png is

Could this maybe be modified somehow? perhaps by putting a cross through the eye
Putting a cross there by modifying sure, but tbh using a folder is not nice and is already a quite busy glyph to add yet another element imho.
Even using glyph + cross on some new image - May as well use one of the images I suggested earlier. Were going sideways now.

I think the idea here is to be simple and offer an image that does the symbolic job, not find yet another glyph, we have those already.

Personally I would avoid reusing much anything, because this is a new concept, and for better or worst avoiding any familiarity would be preferred in order to prevent even the slightest confusion with anything existing or any concepts already in existence.

Also I dont have endless time from my side to do 1001 variations of whatever tickles everyone's fancies. Though thats my opinion "you guys" are of course free to go down any rabbit holes you like.
Well I also meant modify it from a folder, could you make a clapper board out of it perhaps?
Read my previous post.

And as a small addition, Do we want to be discussing all 2 million possibilities and delay feature or have this feature merged asap?

lets provide feedback on whats already been done and go from there. I think that's best course of action.
(2015-04-13, 16:22)uNiversal Wrote: lets provide feedback on whats already been done and go from there. I think that's best course of action.

Well the quick solution would probably be to reuse

but with the TV show fanart as a background similar to what Hitcher has done.
(2015-04-13, 16:46)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2015-04-13, 16:22)uNiversal Wrote: lets provide feedback on whats already been done and go from there. I think that's best course of action.

Well the quick solution would probably be to reuse

but with the TV show fanart as a background similar to what Hitcher has done.

I am also ok with that and ignoring all other real suggestions.

This seems to be a bikeshedding only thread not anything else and it was fun for first two posts.

If nothing else is discussed or feedback provided on, I vote for Hitchers solution, rather than confuse people further and waste time discussing things in a loop.

Let me know when you guys reach a decision (or dont) and if you need any thing done (provide clear instructions and guidelines), I will be happy to do it.
I thought there was a clear consensus not to reuse the same image but use a slightly modified one, and to not put it on a gaudy pink backdrop but use something similar to the existing generic pictures backgrounds.
Eg, just slap that crossed eye icon from jjd-uk on a grey background and use it. Ditch your awful pink blob background.

I'm getting annoyed by everyone in a normal exchange of opinions starting to call out bikeshedding after a few people have voiced theirs.
Either you ask for opinions or you don't. In this case it was clearly asked yesterday by jjd-uk because the PR is now going into master, but after ONE page / one day of some people voicing their opinion suddenly we start calling bikeshedding?

This behaviour is really annoying - why would people even keep giving their opinion when asked ?
(2015-04-14, 08:05)Kib Wrote: I thought there was a clear consensus not to reuse the same image but use a slightly modified one, and to not put it on a gaudy pink backdrop but use something similar to the existing generic pictures backgrounds.
Eg, just slap that crossed eye icon from jjd-uk on a grey background and use it. Ditch your awful pink blob background.

I'm getting annoyed by everyone in a normal exchange of opinions starting to call out bikeshedding after a few people have voiced theirs.
Either you ask for opinions or you don't. In this case it was clearly asked yesterday by jjd-uk because the PR is now going into master, but after ONE page / one day of some people voicing their opinion suddenly we start calling bikeshedding?

This behaviour is really annoying - why would people even keep giving their opinion when asked ?

Yes.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
One last try.

Actual files

A
B

Preview

A
B

And To make it clear, Im looking for honest, clear and positive feedback/criticism.
Where suggestions are offered with clear instructions.

Not looking for things like and will unsubscribe if things along the lines of:

"Lets just use the default image."
"That's awful, I hate it"
"No"
"Could be better"

Or anything in the slightest non descriptive.
I think the sprocket holes in your examples remind me more of a movie than TV. Therefore I am not sure if they are helpful or needed. The icons themselves do seem to convey the message though. +1.

I am not sure how these compare to the 'standard' confluence icons, I don't tend to use confluence. But if they are intended for confluence, they should have the same 'look & feel'. Alas I am not a designer myself.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
That is for confluence, the style of the silvery is found everywhere in skin on many other textures.

I could do a mock I suppose, but tbh its early and there are other things I would like to do with my day. iF someone could do a few mocks be my guest.

Re:Sprockets/Film comment.

Personally, I try not to get hung up on literals. film vs TV, (DefaultVideo icon suggested a fw posts back) is used for both already in skin. And you never know where feature may go in future.
Indeed, bed time here!
(2015-04-14, 10:37)uNiversal Wrote: One last try.

Actual files

A
B

Preview

A
B

And To make it clear, I'm looking for honest, clear and positive feedback/criticism.
Where suggestions are offered with clear instructions.

Not looking for things like and will unsubscribe if things along the lines of:

"Lets just use the default image."
"That's awful, I hate it"
"No"
"Could be better"

Or anything in the slightest non descriptive.

And another 10 minutes allows these.

A
B

That is a variation without film strip but a TV instead.

This is the best from what has been shown so far.

Other ideas:

Or simply blur/pixelate the actual screenshot.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any interest in hiding tv thumbnails when hiding plot? 3