[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform
c'mon guys, the forum is no place to exchange insults :-)

Further testing shows that even using HDMI - WASAPI I'm having the same choppyness issue when playing PAL 25 fps progressive (constant discontinuity errors). So it's not the Realtek driver since for HDMI audio I use the AMD Catalyst one. I have an AMD E-450 based htpc.

Logically that leaves 2 potential causes:

1. The CPU: the (relatively slow) CPU could be causing the issue, because as I mentioned above, everything's good on my Core i7 / nVidia, same test videos, and by the way this one has Realtek drivers (SPDIF - WASAPI)... It's improbable, because I'm experiencing this only at 25 fps, and not at 50 fps nor for HD material! It's very odd that this occurs at the low-end of the spectrum, which should be the easiest on CPU/GPU (i.e. SD/progressive material).

2. The GPU: perhaps a Catalyst video setting is messing with the timing (since my Core i7 has n nVidia GT240 on board, and that works ok). I'm using the recommended settings of "Enforce Smooth Video Playback" ON and Automatic Deinterlacing OFF. But I'll play with these and report back later on the results.

Messages In This Thread
HD 5450 and ONKYO Receiver - by emailcraigs - 2012-06-24, 01:35
Multi-channel FLAC issues - by fat-tony - 2012-06-30, 16:38
RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - by Voyager - 2012-07-03, 13:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform4