Questions about regex and scraper for a special directory-structure for tv-show
Hi @all,

i've posted the nearly same question some days before into this thread, but maybe this is a question for a more common place. So sorry for this double-posting...

I'm using the pvr-branch of xbmc-eden with vdr as tv-backend. In vdr there is a script which is sorting new recorded episodes in a special directory order:
Code:
/<some_dir>/<some_dir>/<name_of_the_tvshow>/<season><number>/<number><episode name>/<special_vdr_directory>/<filename>

So as example this will give for Lost, Season 1, Episode 03 (Tabula Rasa):
Code:
/recordings/TVShows/Lost/Season_01/03._Tabula_Rasa/2010-09-27.23.25.17-0.rec/00001.ts

I thought i could start with this:
Code:
<regexp>(?i)[/\\](?:s|season)\W?(\d{1,2})\D*[/\\](\d{1,2})\W([^/\\]*)</regexp>

because in xexe's above mentioned thread this regex would match a dir-structure like this:
Code:
/UFO/Season 1/02.Computer.Affair.Divx e.g. lame sequntial numbering witout season

but the problem is that in this example the episode-name is within the filename. In my case the name of the episode is in the directory (here: Tabula Rasa) and the videofile itself is located some hierarchy-levels below (here: 00001.ts). How can i put this together for xbmc? Which information is needed by xbmc at all?
So, this is just the first part of the problem. Second is, that the filename has not always the *.ts-extension, because vdr had also its own video-format with the extension *.vdr. And the video files also can be splitted into 00001.vdr, 00002.vdr and so on.

Any hint? Thanks in advance, my brain is losing always some persent of its healthy cells when it has to think about regex, so if could help me you would really save me from death or worse Wink

regards, Jens

Messages In This Thread
Questions about regex and scraper for a special directory-structure for tv-show - by jennix - 2012-05-10, 21:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions about regex and scraper for a special directory-structure for tv-show1