Win Editing default keyboard commands in different scenarios
Question 
Hi there,

Been searching these forums, and google for months, but I've been trying to get commands on my harmony working seamlessly in certain ways but I just can't figure it out. The one thing that always crops up is when in full screen video mode, the direction keys always take big and small steps back, and forward. This is particularly annoying in full screen live TV. Is there a way to edit it so in full screen video (in particular, live TV) that pressing the direction keys will do something else? Like scrolling channel up or down, etc? Or if in full screen video (like watching a movie) the direction buttons will bring up the OSD, and then I can navigate the OSD while still using the same direction keys?

The combination of program's and addon's I am using are the MCERemote addon within XBMC and the Logitech Harmony software (by using MCE Keyboard to send keystrokes).

Apologies if I haven't made my post clear, but any help is greatly appreciated. I should have posted my problem a lot sooner. If I'm being too picky over the way I want things to behave, it's only so I don't get the wife moaning at me like "Why does this system not behave the way the old one used to? Why have you got to change things?" haha.

Kind regards,

Ant
of course, xbmc's keymapping is 100% customizable and all keys are mappable under a context (i.e. on a per-window basis).
Ant
You can find the original keyboard.xml at C:\program files\XBMC\system\Keymaps ( or something very similar)

Alternatively, you can create keyboard.xml and place it at Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
(note that "AppData" is a hidden folder so you would have to unhide system folders)
If you create keymap.xml, it will override the native keyboard.xml for anyhting that you specify. So if you alter the up arrow to be exit, and nothing else, only the up arrow is effected.

Hope this helps. You can find more info in the wiki.
XBMC Gotham via OpenElec 5.0.8
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
unRAID 5disks 18TB of awesome
See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Mod...yboard.xml

Since it sounds as if you're using Windows grab KeyMapEdit from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ to help with editing keymaps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Editing default keyboard commands in different scenarios0