Random lock-up issues on video play
Hi All,

I've been having two random issues occur with XBMC recently. I'm running XBMCbuntu on a machine with an AMD Phenom 840 CPU and a GT210 video card. I had no trouble with this hardware under XBMC Live, and most of the time it works normally with XBMCbuntu. However, at seemingly random intervals, one of two things will sometimes happen when I choose to play a video:

1. The audio for the video program will start, but the video will never initialize -- it stays on the skin screen, sometimes the little rotating circle is there still too. Audio will play indefinitely if you let it. Sometimes you can stop it with the remote, other times you cannot. If you can stop it with the remote, however, the system is still borked and you have to re-start XBMC to get it back to a usable state.

2. The video will play perfectly normally but XBMC stops responded to all remote commands, whether from the IR remote or a remote keyboard.

I've gone through the logs for these events, but I don't see anything that stands out to me. I'm posting a log portion below. It contains the log from the start of the last video I watched successfully to the end of the second video where #2 above happened.

http://pastebin.com/JUhM9hg0

If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate it.
Just to chime in - I have the exact same problem - usually only on HD material, and after shutting down and restarting it will work fine. I'm on an ionitx-p-e (Celeron su2300, ion graphics, 4 gig ram) with xbmcubuntu.
Same here. Said it here.
i have the same problem too. DRIVES ME NUTS! i always have to get up and restart the pc. the problem seems to be getting worse. im wondering if i should go away from xbmcbuntu and just try a regular ubuntu install? ive got to try something this is just too annoying to use like this.
After a week of annoyance, I'm considering dropping the ball on XBMC as a whole - for a while at least.
If I discount all the bugs I encountered it's a pretty nice release. But I downloaded a final build and not a beta, so my expectations were much higher.
There was all news about how great Eden is, how much better than previous releases as are - but it turned out to be a bugfest.
It's no longer disappointing, it is getting annoying and frustrating at times.
I wonder how it even came out of beta stage.
Eden sadly has quite serious problems with vdpau. For Amd Users its even worse as vaapi on AMD is quite broken.
both issues are mostly fixed in this xbmcbuntu alpha build: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134252
(2012-07-01, 17:30)wsnipex Wrote: Eden sadly has quite serious problems with vdpau. For Amd Users its even worse as vaapi on AMD is quite broken.
both issues are mostly fixed in this xbmcbuntu alpha build: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134252

thanks for the link. at this point ill try anything to stop all the crashes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random lock-up issues on video play1