• 30(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists
(2014-06-25, 19:39)zag Wrote: Try removing the tag completely with mp3tag, and then retag them.

What would that do? I think my tags are valid. Itunes reads them correctly. WMP also reads them correctly. Plex reads them correctly. Only XBMC seems to mess up.
(2014-06-25, 21:36)rcrh Wrote:
(2014-06-25, 19:39)zag Wrote: Try removing the tag completely with mp3tag, and then retag them.

What would that do? I think my tags are valid. Itunes reads them correctly. WMP also reads them correctly. Plex reads them correctly. Only XBMC seems to mess up.

It would instantly prove if its a problem with the tags or not.

Also try deleting any cue files if they are present.
Question to those of us with multiple albums showing up. Are you using beets to autotag them? And if so, do the tracks in the second album all have apostrophes in them?
(2014-06-25, 21:55)zag Wrote:
(2014-06-25, 21:36)rcrh Wrote:

It would instantly prove if its a problem with the tags or not.

Also try deleting any cue files if they are present.

OK, happy to provide info to advance the investigation.

Completely pulled the tags. put the tags back. updated the library. No change.

Changed the tags so all songs have the same same year. updated the library. Now I have one album.

More on this. I reverted back to a back up so I could get the song years back and the album split again.
I did some more poking around because I noticed two songs with the same year that were being split. Using a different tag editor I discovered a bunch of unsupported musicbrainz tags. When I cleared those out the album scanned perfectly.

It seems I owe XBMC a big apology (and perhaps a movie & a drink). I have no idea how these musicbrainz tags got in there but I'm now going through my collection and removing all of them.
I've been using XBMC since 2005 and never had this problem with my mp3 files.
This is a Gotham issue with the scraper, not a file issue. It worked perfectly with Frodo.
Hey Olympia,

I'm not sure if its the fault of the scraper or something else, but I've found that using Musicbrainz tags with a featuring artist is causing some weirdness upon entry into the database.

So suppose you had an album with Musicbrainz tags:

Aritst1 - Album1 -Track1
Artist1 - Album1 - Track2
Artist1 feat Artist2 - Album1 - Track3

Upon scraping the album, both artists are correctly scraped and visible Music -> Artists. So far so good.

When you enter into Artist1, and view the track listing for Album1, you will get a duplicate entry for the featuring Artist.

So the output upon viewing is:

Aritst1 - Track1
Artist1 - Track2
Artist1 feat Artist2/Artist1 feat Artist2 - Track3

Only upon doing a "Refresh" on the ALBUM will the track list be correctly viewed. The output will be:

Aritst1 - Track1
Artist1 - Track2
Artist1 / Artist2 - Track3

Is this expected behavior?

Here is a thread with some pictures to demonstrate what is happening:
Duplicate featuring artists

Thanks,
For info you can turn off the musicbrainz integration in the music options
(2014-06-27, 13:30)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: I've been using XBMC since 2005 and never had this problem with my mp3 files.
This is a Gotham issue with the scraper, not a file issue. It worked perfectly with Frodo.

Try using TheAudioDb artist scraper to see if it has the same errors.
(2014-06-27, 16:32)zag Wrote: For info you can turn off the musicbrainz integration in the music options

Was that quote directed at me? If so, I actually want the musicbrainz integration, but I'm puzzled why XBMC is showing the artists twice on initial scrape.
That is because the duplicate artist has spaces behind him, which is only visible in certain views:

@zag: thx, i'll try that, but first i'll wait a little longer if maybe it'll be fixed - scanning 30.000 files takes a while.
Here is another thing which bothered me for a while:

Problem: multiple bands have the same name.
Example: Searching for "Blitzkrieg" (British Heavy Metal)

Musicbrainz result:

AudioDB result:

XBMC result:

Because there is no "addendum" like musicbrainz shows them, in XBMC you have to try every band in the list until you get the right one...
(2014-06-27, 16:33)zag Wrote:
(2014-06-27, 13:30)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: I've been using XBMC since 2005 and never had this problem with my mp3 files.

Try using TheAudioDb artist scraper to see if it has the same errors.

I just finished rescanning everything from scratch with the audiodb scraper - same errors.
Is this problem being ignored?
I see lots of activity when it comes to video issues, but music - almost none.

So from other threads and forums i gathered that part of the problem are the MusicBrainz IDs,
but another are empty spaces behind the artist name in tags which causes multiple artists with the same name.
Frodo ignored this and it didn't cause any issues, Gotham does not ignore it and causes issues.
Not being ignored. But your duplicate problem is likely nothing to do with this scraper. Its an XBMC code thing that was introduced by the new MusicBrainz features in Gotham.

A list of the MusicBrainz PR's is here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pulls/night...ate=closed

It might be worth posting in the General XBMC forum of each issue separately.

The spaces after an artist is a tag problem, so simply correct your tags although I do agree its a regression.
Using Nox v4.0.9. Just starting off with Music section so don't know much. I don't have any local artwork or nfo's yet so I pressed "I" on some of my Artists and the proper information appears.

When I go into Music>Settings>Library>Export Library>Separate and choose "Export thumbnails and fanart",it only exports the information for the first item I pressed "I" on into the root \Music and nothing into each artists folder. My structure is:

Music <- folder
---->Artist<- folder
---------->Artist - Title1.mp3 <-file
---------->Artist - Title2.mp3 <-file
---->Artist <- folder
---------->Artist - Title1.mp3 <-file
---------->Artist - Title2.mp3 <-file

My objective is to get local files, just like I have with all my Movies.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Artists9