• 32(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file
Feel free to use the "easy" method and post the link to the log file here for us to look at.
Does this scraper support the opus format? So far it seems to just skip any file with the opus format in my library.
Hi, I wonder if some one can help me

I have a 66,000 songs collection with all ID3v2 tgs: artists, album artists, album, year, art cover, etc, etc. All tags are OK

I am using Universal ''Scraper for Music Artists'' & ''Universal Scraper for Music Albums''
But NO ARTISTS thumbnail of fanart downloaded while library scan.
If I manually update artist info one by one, it work.
If I want to re-scrappe artist infos for whole library, all artist thumb are set to folder.jpg in the up folder.
Exemple... my music is set up like Genre\Artists\Album\song
If I want to automaticly update artist info, all artist under "rock" folder become thumned with the folder.jpg of the rock folder....
After, if i manually update U2 info, I can choose a real u2 thumb and update the artist...
But I don't want to do this for my 7000 artists !!!!

Any idea of what's wrong with my system ??

MERCI BEAUCOUP.... and sorry for my poor english Smile

Gotham 13.2
Android TvBox Minix X7
Medias on Synology NAS

Thanks in advance
Have you enabled "Download aditional information during updates" in Kodi settings?
I think so ... but where exactly in Kodi setting.. I will check, just for make sur !!

MERCI Smile
settings >> music >> library
I checked it few minutes ago , and everythings seems to be set as supposed ...
But no artists thumbnails, genre thumnbnails etc ... I only got fanart, but nothing else !! Sad

MERCI
Is there a way to prevent changes to selected artist thumbnails and fanart? I've gotten a lot of custom artworks for many artists to satisfy my tastes. However, every time I update my music library several of them switch back to the default artworks. Sometimes everything gets set back to its defaults. This actually happens with other artwork scraped by this scraper, too, not just custom artwork.

I like being able to automatically have many different artworks immediately available through the scraper, but it's tough having to deal with my own set artwork constantly being messed with.
You could embed your images into the actual music.That should always take precedence over the downloaded metadata.
(2014-11-21, 10:58)docwra Wrote: You could embed your images into the actual music.That should always take precedence over the downloaded metadata.
That only applies to album covers, not for the artists themselves. I don't have any problems with albums. If I did, I'd take that issue to the other thread. At least I'm almost certain that that's the case.

Does anyone have a workaround or solution for this?
I'm not going to read 30 pages of people circling each other, is there a good solution for scraping Artist images or not? I'm using XBMCBuntu which means Gotham 13.2. The Universal Scraper gets about 20% of my artists.

I still have my complete collection in Frodo on another system, how had would it be to just to find its images and use them ie just copy them into the correct Artist folder ?
(2014-11-23, 11:41)emueyes Wrote: I'm not going to read 30 pages of people circling each other, is there a good solution for scraping Artist images or not? I'm using XBMCBuntu which means Gotham 13.2. The Universal Scraper gets about 20% of my artists.

I still have my complete collection in Frodo on another system, how had would it be to just to find its images and use them ie just copy them into the correct Artist folder ?
I largely don't have issues with scraping images for artists when they are available. It all depends on the exact names you use for each artist in your music tags. About 90% of all artists I have in my library get artwork scraped for them. Are any of your artists "non-conventional", per chance? That might also explain it.

Copying the files will work if they are already the correct names (thumb.jpg and fanart.jpg, I actually just found out about that!). This is assuming you have the artworks separated into their respective artist folders. Otherwise you'll need to do that by hand or make/run some sort of script that will automate the process for you.

My previous question still stands. When I update my movie or TV library, any thumbnails or fanarts that have been changed from their scraper defaults keep the changes that I made to them. This is not the case with music. Updating my music library will occasionally cause all artists to revert back to their scraper default thumbnails and fanarts (if there is no local art for them as I mentioned above). Once this happens, I have to reselect the proper artwork for artists who I use alternate scraped artwork for. Is this an issue that is inherent to this scraper, or is it a larger issue with the music part of XBMC/Kodi as a whole?
(2014-11-23, 11:41)emueyes Wrote: I'm not going to read 30 pages of people circling each other, is there a good solution for scraping Artist images or not? I'm using XBMCBuntu which means Gotham 13.2. The Universal Scraper gets about 20% of my artists.

If your only getting 20% match rate then your tags must be very messed up.

XBMC searches for the name on musicbrainz. As long as it gets a match you should get all the artwork.

You can test any searches manually using this URL in a web browser

Code:
http://www.musicbrainz.org/ws/2/artist/?query=artist:coldplay
Just for info theaudiodb API has recently changed

strGenre
strMood
strStyle

'strSubGenre' has been depreciated.

This scraper will need to be upgraded to make it work again for TheAudioDB source.
Artists that are not in the mp3 Artist and Album Artist tags keep being added to the library.

"Override song tags with online information" has been disabled.

Example:

The official artist name on Musicbrainz: "Mario Biondi and the High Five Quintet"

However the mp3 Artist tag is only "Mario Biondi".

Yet 2 separate artists are added to the library:

- Mario Biondi

- High Five Quintet

Did I forget something? Or is feature "Override song tags with online information" broken?
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Artists9