error 2: share not available
Smile 
I had XBMC installed in my apple tv 2 running iOS 4.4.4 and everything was working perfectly. I use a seagate nas server 110. I added sources using the Windows network (SMB) shortcut in XBMC. Now I updated to the newest firmware 5.0.1 and installed the latest XBMC version (11-0-3). XBMC is starting and running but suddenly I'm not able to add sources using the windows network (SMB) shortcut, so I can't watch movies from my NAS server anymore. Please help me out. I've tried jailbreaking many times and search the forum but I couldn't find a solution
Try adding the source using the full IP address instead of browsing via the SMB option.

Go to Add Video Source.
Click the Browse button.
Don't click on Windows Network (SMB), instead, scroll all the way to the bottom and select "Add network location".
Select SMB for the protocol.
Type in the full IP address share, in the format "smb://192.168.1.2/SomeVideoShare".
Add the username:password info if the SMB share is set to use that.

Test it and see if that works. Sometimes XBMC has issues with resolving SMB shares automatically.
Thanks for the reply. I already tried to manually add the source. I added smb://10.0.0.9/Downloads and provided my login and password. I received the same error.
Can you access that share on any other device?

You might want to post a log file as well, and see if that gives any indication of what's happening.
Yes I can acces my files from any other device. It also worked fine with firmware 4.4.4. I could easily add sources with a smb short cut. How can I get a log file?
On your computer:
Download and install Cyberduck.
Launch Cyberduck, and click on Open Connection in the top left corner.
From the top drop down menu, select SFTP: (SSH File transfer protocol)
For server, enter the IP address of your atv2. Leave port at 22.
For username, enter "root".
For password, enter "alpine".
Connect.
Once connected, navigate to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences
Find the xbmc.log file, and drag it from Cyberduck to the desktop.
Open the xbmc.log file with Notepad or Textedit.
Copy all text.
Open a web browser, and navigate to pastebin.com.
Paste what you copied into the New Paste window, give a paste name/title to it if you want, and click submit.
Then copy the resulting address from the address bar in your browser, and copy that address to this thread.

If pastebin.com happens to tell you that your log file is too big, then copy one half at a time, and post both parts.

See if you can get your xbmc.log file posted, and we can see what's happening.
I've the same problem browsing using SMB with iOS 5.02 as I had once with iOS 5.01. When I had the problem with iOS 5.01 the problem was resolved when I uninstalled/reinstalled XBMC.

http://pastebin.com/YKtu8HK7
(2012-06-07, 22:40)ABSiNSANE Wrote: I've the same problem browsing using SMB with iOS 5.02 as I had once with iOS 5.01. When I had the problem with iOS 5.01 the problem was resolved when I uninstalled/reinstalled XBMC.

http://pastebin.com/YKtu8HK7

Turn Debugging on.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Thanks for all the help so far. I recovered my atv in itunes and tried to jailbreak it again, but now i cant jailbreak anymore, I get 1600 till 1604 errors. ****** apple. why do i have to use itunes to watch movies. It would be a lot easier if a xbmc like player was preinstalled.
Here's the new xbmc.log when debug mode is enabled:

http://pastebin.com/y4JLX0Mk
Any news on this?

Thanks
Xbmcbuntu:
I've been messing around with the same error. My solution was that I had a DNS problem. I manually entered in an ip address and started having problems after playing with it for a while i just entered in my dns ip into the netmask and hit save. It's not going to acctually save the dns server as the net mask but it changed it to one that works. I went back into xbmc and my workgoup poped right up.
current config is
IPv4
method: Manual
address: 192.168.10.120
Netmask: 192.0.0.0
gateway : 192.168.10.1
dns servers: 192.168.10.1
search domains: 8.8.4.4

IPv6
method: Ignore
just fyi - this netmask is wrong - you wanna use a class C subnet so you have to use a class C netmask (e.x. 255.255.255.0)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi there i have been having the same problem..
http://pastebin.com/ccZj4wwF
THANKS!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
error 2: share not available0