Uk based htpc build help
Hey peeps. I'm interested in building a htpc for Xbmc and wondered if there are any fellow uk peeps who can point me towards some good stuff. I say uk as a lot of the links on here point to us sites.
The machine will be used for my mkv collection which consists of 1080p movies and also some SBS 3D MKV files.
The machine will be connected via HDMI to my Sony AV receiver and this is connected to my LG passive 3D 47LW650T TV. I'd like to connect it via Ethernet to my gigabit switcher as well for home network use.
The machine will only be used as HTPC and nothing else.
I realise this is a broad question and each are entitled what they think is good but some suggestions would be great!
Thanks in advance
How much do you want to spend?
Love XBMC too check this -> HERE (Last Updated: 25/01/2012)

check out the xbmcmediacentre.com competition!

My hate campaign on optical discs started young, sorry I can't help it. :rolleyes:
I was thinking of a max of £300. Is that gonna be enough to get a decent HTPC system?
The build listed here (US prices, but all parts are easily found in the UK) http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=133156
works out at about £300 if you are running XBMCbuntu / linux ie no operating costs
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Uk based htpc build help0