Hardware advice please
Ok in a bid to update to current PC and storage issues I was hoping for some advise to a new member on what to do. I am running 3 yr oldish quad Q9400 2.66ghz on a gigabyte mobo hosting 2 GB of older DDR2 ram. All my storage is on external HDs equating to roughly 5TBs. I was using a WDTV live for streaming of which I have gone through 3 sigma chips on them so looking to build a media centre/server out of my older parts and build a new pc with buying newer components. So my dilemma is should I use my old tower, raid in some large drives for a server only machine and host XBMC and downloading software etc on it so it runs in the background as a server, or put my older components which are more than capable of running a HTPC in an HTPC case and go for a separate QNAP drive or something similar NAS solution wise for my storage needs? either way I need to buy some drives and am up for spending some money on getting the system right now so it keeps me happy for a while.

Its interesting so many people have different systems and setups so it would be nice to hear some feedback.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware advice please0