• 24(current)
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon
(2015-01-12, 06:19)ampedandwired Wrote: Just to let you all know, this plugin is now being distributed through the official Kodi repository.

If you previously added the "ampedandwired" repo and installed the plugin from there, then this should be seamless - the new version (1.14.1) should automatically be picked up from the official repo and installed. You can now remove the "ampedandwired" repo from your installation.

If you previously installed this plugin from a zip file I don't think you'll be upgraded automatically. I'd suggest adding the plugin from the official repo and copying your old settings.xml across from the zip version.

I had to make a few changes to the Python dependencies to get the plugin into the official repo, so let me know if you experience any issues with this new version.

some time ago i installed from zip (no repo). last weekend i get an automatic update via official repo. all is working fine.
Nice, thanks for letting me know
I'm getting this error. Anybody could help me?

00:37:07 T:7236 NOTICE: Rdio: Executing Rdio 1.14.1 addon operation main with params {'mode': 'main'}
00:37:07 T:7236 NOTICE: Rdio: Authenticating to Rdio
00:37:08 T:7236 NOTICE: Rdio: Authorizing OAuth token
00:37:10 T:7236 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'rdioapi.RdioAPIException'>
Error Contents: Invalid user data
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\yago.silvela\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.rdio\rdioplugin.py", line 596, in <module>
XbmcRdioOperation(addon).execute()
File "C:\Users\yago.silvela\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.rdio\rdioplugin.py", line 590, in execute
handler()
File "C:\Users\yago.silvela\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.rdio\rdioplugin.py", line 61, in main
self._rdio_api.authenticate()
File "C:\Users\yago.silvela\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.rdio\rdioxbmc.py", line 75, in authenticate
oauth_state = self.call_direct('getOAuth1State', token = oauth_token)
File "C:\Users\yago.silvela\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.rdio\rdioxbmc.py", line 208, in call_direct
self._login()
File "C:\Users\yago.silvela\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.rdio\rdioxbmc.py", line 239, in _login
response = self.call_direct('signIn', username = username, password = password, remember = '1')
File "C:\Users\yago.silvela\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.rdio\rdioxbmc.py", line 227, in call_direct
raise RdioAPIException(response['message'])
RdioAPIException: Invalid user data
-->End of Python script error report<--
00:37:10 T:8300 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.rdio/
00:37:10 T:8300 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.rdio/) failed
00:37:10 T:1340 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
I am an existing Rdio user so I don't need a new registeration. But I can't find the "Rdio Application Registration" form on the Rdio website even when I am logged in. Maybe I am just blind ... Any Idea how I can the API key?
(2015-01-13, 11:04)frosch2 Wrote: I am an existing Rdio user so I don't need a new registeration. But I can't find the "Rdio Application Registration" form on the Rdio website even when I am logged in. Maybe I am just blind ... Any Idea how I can the API key?

You can't generate the API key from the Rdio website itself. You actually need to register on a different site to get it. Here is the registration URL: http://developer.rdio.com/member/register
(2015-01-13, 01:40)ysilvela Wrote: I'm getting this error. Anybody could help me?

00:37:07 T:7236 NOTICE: Rdio: Executing Rdio 1.14.1 addon operation main with params {'mode': 'main'}
00:37:07 T:7236 NOTICE: Rdio: Authenticating to Rdio
00:37:08 T:7236 NOTICE: Rdio: Authorizing OAuth token
00:37:10 T:7236 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'rdioapi.RdioAPIException'>
Error Contents: Invalid user data
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\yago.silvela\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.rdio\rdioplugin.py", line 596, in <module>
XbmcRdioOperation(addon).execute()
File "C:\Users\yago.silvela\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.rdio\rdioplugin.py", line 590, in execute
handler()
File "C:\Users\yago.silvela\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.rdio\rdioplugin.py", line 61, in main
self._rdio_api.authenticate()
File "C:\Users\yago.silvela\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.rdio\rdioxbmc.py", line 75, in authenticate
oauth_state = self.call_direct('getOAuth1State', token = oauth_token)
File "C:\Users\yago.silvela\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.rdio\rdioxbmc.py", line 208, in call_direct
self._login()
File "C:\Users\yago.silvela\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.rdio\rdioxbmc.py", line 239, in _login
response = self.call_direct('signIn', username = username, password = password, remember = '1')
File "C:\Users\yago.silvela\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.rdio\rdioxbmc.py", line 227, in call_direct
raise RdioAPIException(response['message'])
RdioAPIException: Invalid user data
-->End of Python script error report<--
00:37:10 T:8300 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.rdio/
00:37:10 T:8300 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.rdio/) failed
00:37:10 T:1340 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

I had the same problem. It turned out that when you enter your username and password, you need to use your normal Rdio account details, not the details you used for the API account registration.
(2015-01-06, 03:16)ampedandwired Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 19:09)vijayk416 Wrote: Thank you irsy! That worked for my OpenELEC 5.0.

ampedandwired, can you please build this into your next update?

@vijayk416 @irsy I have submitted a new version of this plugin to the official Kodi repo which will hopefully get accepted soon. In this version I am using the oauth2 module that ships with Kodi, rather than bundling it with the plugin. This may resolve your distutils issue with OpenELEC, if not I'll investigate further.

It seems the fix didn't work. My system automatically rolled to 1.14.1 and it has stopped working - I get an error when trying to launch the addon. I noticed that the files that irsy mentioned are no longer in the folder structure. If I was going to try and replicate the same fix with this version, which files should I modify/delete?

V
(2015-01-19, 02:57)vijayk416 Wrote: It seems the fix didn't work. My system automatically rolled to 1.14.1 and it has stopped working - I get an error when trying to launch the addon. I noticed that the files that irsy mentioned are no longer in the folder structure. If I was going to try and replicate the same fix with this version, which files should I modify/delete?

The oauth2 module is now loaded from "<kodi_home>/addons/script.module.oauth2". You'll find "_version.py" file in there under "lib/oauth2".

There's another potential fix though that I wouldn't mind someone using OpenELEC trying out, because if it works I might be able to roll it into the plugin to fix the issue permanently. Download the pyutil package and extract it into <kodi_home>/addons/plugin.audio.rdio/lib. If you try this let me know if it works.

I'll try and get OpenELEC running in a VM in the meantime so I can try some stuff myself.
(2014-12-26, 03:32)irsy Wrote:
(2014-12-25, 04:29)desperado77 Wrote: Thanks for your help, I tried what you suggest but I still get the same error :
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'> Error Contents: No module named distutils.version

I had the same issue, mate. I'm using Openelec 4.97.3 and latest rdio-xbmc add-on can't find distutils module.
While I was waiting when author can fix this properly, I did the workaround which helped me to solve this issue for now. I'm not a developer, so I don't know where is the source of that issue. I just removed the distutils.version call and sent constant to the __version__. It works.

You have to rewrite the /resources/lib/oauth2/_version.py using this code instead original:

Quote:# This is the version of this source code.

manual_verstr = "1.5"

auto_build_num = "211"

verstr = manual_verstr + "." + auto_build_num

__version__ = manual_verstr

..also you have to delete /resources/lib/oauth2/_version.pyo just in case.

This is working for me as well with openelec 5.0 and the previous version of rdio
Mac Mini 2,3 | Openelec | Marantz SR-5006 | 2x Monitor Audio Radius 90 | REL T5 Subwoofer | Synology DS213 |
Zotac Zbox ID41 | Openelec | Marantz SR-5003 | 2x Mordaunt Short Genie

(2014-12-26, 03:32)irsy Wrote:
(2014-12-25, 04:29)desperado77 Wrote: Thanks for your help, I tried what you suggest but I still get the same error :
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'> Error Contents: No module named distutils.version

I had the same issue, mate. I'm using Openelec 4.97.3 and latest rdio-xbmc add-on can't find distutils module.
While I was waiting when author can fix this properly, I did the workaround which helped me to solve this issue for now. I'm not a developer, so I don't know where is the source of that issue. I just removed the distutils.version call and sent constant to the __version__. It works.

You have to rewrite the /resources/lib/oauth2/_version.py using this code instead original:

Quote:# This is the version of this source code.

manual_verstr = "1.5"

auto_build_num = "211"

verstr = manual_verstr + "." + auto_build_num

__version__ = manual_verstr

..also you have to delete /resources/lib/oauth2/_version.pyo just in case.

can you please provide the full path to these files because i am a bit new and i do not know the exact stracture
(2015-01-20, 21:15)gusmin Wrote: can you please provide the full path to these files because i am a bit new and i do not know the exact stracture

These files moved recently. You can now find them in "<kodi_home>/addons/script.module.oauth2/lib/oauth2/_version.py
(2015-01-21, 01:33)ampedandwired Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 21:15)gusmin Wrote: can you please provide the full path to these files because i am a bit new and i do not know the exact stracture

These files moved recently. You can now find them in "<kodi_home>/addons/script.module.oauth2/lib/oauth2/_version.py

Thank you, I found it and now it works, although I have a few error messages and I have to press each option twice.
Tried suggestions above Openec 5.0 and no positive results. any suggestion. Thanks
Hi there,

I've only just started using rdio and came across this addon. It really works very well so first of all thanks for that Smile

Anyway, in some of my playlists there are a few songs that are shown with a "Sad" after the title and if I try to play them it just skips to the next track. I've read through this thread a bit but couldn't find anything about this particular issue.

I've made a Debug log which can be found here: Debug-Log

If I use Rdio in a browser or on my phone it plays those tracks fine too so it seems just limited to the addon...

Any idea what the issue could be with tracks like this one?

Thanks a lot!
(2015-01-25, 15:12)bluezed Wrote: Hi there,

I've only just started using rdio and came across this addon. It really works very well so first of all thanks for that Smile

Anyway, in some of my playlists there are a few songs that are shown with a "Sad" after the title and if I try to play them it just skips to the next track. I've read through this thread a bit but couldn't find anything about this particular issue.

I've made a Debug log which can be found here: Debug-Log

If I use Rdio in a browser or on my phone it plays those tracks fine too so it seems just limited to the addon...

Any idea what the issue could be with tracks like this one?

Thanks a lot!

these songs are not available for you because of several reasons. these songs will also not work on mobile/desktop apps (greyed out).

http://help.rdio.com/customer/portal/art...g-requests
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon2