Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
(2012-07-30, 19:53)Xycl Wrote:
(2012-07-11, 00:47)Robotica Wrote: XBMC sorts on file date(See code; DateTime class, which uses FILETIME as it's base.) not on EXIF-date, which is much more usefull for pictures (i.e. many file dates are changed moving pictures around, definetly by FTP). So using default XBMC views requires a patch for this (is possible since XBMC also contains an EXIF parser) or plugins should create their own views with sorting based on EXIF data.

See also: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10519

I had the time to look into the source code. MyPicsDB sets the "date" infolabel which means that the real EXIF date is used.
Confluence skin shows the date on the right list view side when sorting by date.
Problem: You can only set the date but not the time!

Right, that was exactly my understanding. It is using the EXIF date (not the file date), but not the time within the EXIF. You can tell if you try to get info on each picture within the default pics app, it only shows the date, but not the time. So I infer from this that if time support was added to the EXIF support in core XBMC, that this would just automatically make this add-on "Do The Right Thing". The question is, in the meantime, is there any potential to code a workaround within the add-on. (I did try the "Default" sort, which works sort of, but has the problem that the add-on seems to forget about your setting when you leave and re-enter a particular directory. It also has the issue that the date information is not used in the Label2 field if you use the "Default" sort).

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags - by fiveisalive - 2012-07-31, 19:48
Beta Testers needed - by Xycl - 2012-11-06, 12:14
Filter / TAG Question ? - by knutklo - 2015-04-07, 16:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags1