• 9(current)
HDMI CEC - USB Adapter [Pulse-Eight]
(2016-03-17, 23:31)Pashator Wrote: Yep, same here! Worked perfectly fine with libcec 2.0 and stopped working with 3.0, most annoying thing that waking machine from stand-by won't wake up AVR and / or TV and turning on TV won't wake-up PC, the only thing working is shutdown, at least that would turn everything off. Seems like Kodi is not going to fix that.
I posted 3 tickets on this bug in kodi bugtracker and P8 github project.
I hope they'll fix this bug https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8734 in Krypton 17.0-alpha1 Undecided
(2016-03-18, 06:38)vnser Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 23:31)Pashator Wrote: Yep, same here! Worked perfectly fine with libcec 2.0 and stopped working with 3.0, most annoying thing that waking machine from stand-by won't wake up AVR and / or TV and turning on TV won't wake-up PC, the only thing working is shutdown, at least that would turn everything off. Seems like Kodi is not going to fix that.
I posted 3 tickets on this bug in kodi bugtracker and P8 github project.
I hope they'll fix this bug in Krypton 17.0-alpha1 Undecided

Thanks! Let's cross fingers they will.

I did some checking today again with latest beta (16.1RC1) and don't see any difference, realized however that go into stand-by mode mode works, power button on TV and PC's blinking and sleeping but wake up doesn't, neither from waking up PC or turning on TV. Had to turn TV and AVR manually.
(2016-03-17, 10:39)VortexDK Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 18:52)Kilvearn Wrote: Thanks Vortex, I exported the log as you proposed, here it is :

http://xbmclogs.com/piwwqlxlv

I did press the Exit key a first time (Weather window), then a second time (exit application).

Well I did find the two events in the log. The first event is in line 1231 where the keyinput is translated to f9 and it looks like that is handled input manager as onkey: 249 which is set to activate the weather window.
This looks like everything goes as it's told, no fallbacks or anything, so it looks like that key input is set to do exactly what it does.

The next event is line 1313 and here we see exactly the same thing. Same input, same translation f9, the input manager received the same command onkey 249, but this time the manager uses the action for quit.

I don't think this is a problem with the cec part, it loks like it's in the input part for kodi itself, maybe someone in the keymap add-on fsubforum can help you, as I'm out of ideas, I still think you have to different actions for different areas, set to your exit button, interpreted as f9.

I hope this might help you or someone else find a solution to the problem as I'm not able to.

Thanks Vortex for your help, even if we didn't find the cause. I re-checked the xml but no other mapping is present. It's strange, but I will survive with it, it's the only key that has a problem, and I can exit by pressing it twice, so... it's ok :-) Thanks again for your time !
Is it possible to increase the speed of commands send like when I hold the button down when scrolling or it is a limitation of HDMI CEC technology?
Here is the updated libCEC which is now at 3.1.0

https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec

I see they havent updated the regular support page at Pulse Eight which is still at 3.0.0, but 3.1.0 seems to address alot of issues in Kodi. Does anyone know how to make an installer. There seem to be instructions but I am not familiar with any of it.

There is additional info here:

https://github.com/Pulse-Eight
Has anyone managed to make custom use cases for the module within Kodi?
The CEC module works just fine with Kodi but i don't always want to turn the tv and receiver on.

Like when I've set a PVR record timer, it will turn on the tv/receiver even when it's midnight... not that great!
But there are other use cases that I can think of, like turning on (web)radio or a mp3 playlist on the htpc which only the receiver is needed and not tv tv.
Right now if I want to record some programme I have to physically turn off the tv or else I get waken.

Anyone got an idea on how to achieve this? made a feature request for more use cases for the pulse eight module over here;
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272931
Most of us just use:

Kodi > Settings > System> Input Devices > Peripherals > CEC Adapter > Configure to your hearts content > OK

(2016-05-09, 13:09)wrxtasy Wrote: Most of us just use:

Kodi > Settings > System> Input Devices > Peripherals > CEC Adapter > Configure to your hearts content > OK

That's extremely limited (that's why I did a request for more options) and I can't configure it in any way for my problem.
It's pretty much a PVR problem, but still PVR is becoming more popular within Kodi.
Any further word on this? I just picked up the Pulse Eight CEC for my new Skylake NUC6i5SYH, installed it, and while it works on first Kodi startup (at least the basics--I have not tested advanced key mapping yet), it consistently crashes Kodi when waking the machine from suspend. This is under Windows 10, Kodi 16.1, with the latest libCEC drivers also installed, just in case.

That said, it seems the github repository is still ahead at 3.1.0, while the only publicly available binaries are 3.0.0. If/when updated binaries become available, might that possibly fix the CEC issues I (and apparently others) are experiencing, or would Kodi need to integrate any libCEC fixes into a future build?

In the meantime, bummed that the CEC dongle must remain disabled in Kodi for me for now.
I'm having the same problems as CyberMonk, but it's also changing my TV's input source automatically while I'm trying to watch Roku. Sometimes it steals the source because of an on-screen message (i.e. some add-on is no-longer supported), and other times it steals the source for no apparent reason... maybe some background process triggers it.

I've tried disabling anything in Kodi's CEC Adapter settings that's related to switching inputs, but it's still changing the source and crashing on wake-up. This is under Windows 10, Kodi 16.1, with the latest libCEC drivers also installed, just in case.
(2016-05-09, 13:09)wrxtasy Wrote: Most of us just use:

"Peripherals" is greyed-out for me, I can't work out why.

So far: when I first connected the Pule-Eight a message came up saying something like "CEC Adaptor Found", the TV settings for CEC are fine (another device is connected and working)...but I cannot control Kodi from the TV remote yet, and cannot access the above menu option.
Main TV: LibreELEC 7.0.1 / Kodi 16.1, with Xonfluence skin on Asus Chromebox (1.4GHz, 4Gb RAM, 64Gb SSD) + DVB-S and DVB-T with TVH.
Plus testing v17 nighlies on Macbook, and using Estuary skin.
Got a response on Github from the libCEC developer, who believes the wake from suspend CEC issue is a bug in Kodi's implementation.

Posted a thread with details in the development forum; hoping it gets someone's attention!

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=281212
Hello everyone,

I recently bought this Pulse8 USB adapter but it doesn't work, showing a strange behavior.

My TV is a SAMSUNG UE55D8000.
My PC is an Intel NUC D34010WYK 120SSD 4GB RAM

First of all, it only works on HDMI Port 1 of the TV Set. But OK I can live with that.

Secondly, when I first connected it, the TV showed the PC on the screen, but nothing happened on the Kodi menu when pressing the remote control's buttons.
I then rebooted the NUC, and nothing was shown anymore on the screen, although the system did start because I could ssh into it.

When doing SSH I could run the command cec-client and I could see that the buttons of my remote control are correctly detected, but nothing shows on TV screen.

The funny thing is that if I connected the CEC Adapter to another NUC with no OS installed, the TV did recognise it and displayed output on the screen. When plugging the adapter back to my original NUC with Kodi, the TV showed the PC on the screen again but only at the first start, after rebooting it was not showing anything again.

Here is the output of cec-client where signals are detected, but the TV doesn't show anything.

~$ cec-client
No device type given. Using 'recording device'
CEC Parser created - libCEC version 3.0.1
no serial port given. trying autodetect:
path: /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb2/2-3
com port: /dev/ttyACM0

opening a connection to the CEC adapter...
DEBUG: [ 14] Broadcast (F): osd name set to 'Broadcast'
DEBUG: [ 16] connection opened, clearing any previous input and waiting for active transmissions to end before starting
DEBUG: [ 16] communication thread started
DEBUG: [ 26] turning controlled mode on
NOTICE: [ 47] connection opened
DEBUG: [ 47] << Broadcast (F) -> TV (0): POLL
TRAFFIC: [ 47] << f0
DEBUG: [ 47] setting the line timeout to 3
DEBUG: [ 47] processor thread started
DEBUG: [ 83] >> POLL sent
DEBUG: [ 83] TV (0): device status changed into 'present'
DEBUG: [ 83] << requesting vendor ID of 'TV' (0)
TRAFFIC: [ 84] << f0:8c
TRAFFIC: [ 281] >> 0f:87:00:00:f0
DEBUG: [ 281] TV (0): vendor = Samsung (0000f0)
DEBUG: [ 281] expected response received (87: device vendor id)
DEBUG: [ 281] replacing the command handler for device 'TV' (0)
NOTICE: [ 281] registering new CEC client - v3.0.1
DEBUG: [ 281] detecting logical address for type 'recording device'
DEBUG: [ 281] trying logical address 'Recorder 1'
DEBUG: [ 281] >> TV (0) -> Broadcast (F): device vendor id (87)
DEBUG: [ 281] << Recorder 1 (1) -> Recorder 1 (1): POLL
TRAFFIC: [ 281] << 11
DEBUG: [ 317] CEC transmission - received response - TRANSMIT_FAILED_ACK
TRAFFIC: [ 317] << 11
DEBUG: [ 354] CEC transmission - received response - TRANSMIT_FAILED_ACK
DEBUG: [ 354] >> POLL not sent
DEBUG: [ 354] using logical address 'Recorder 1'
DEBUG: [ 354] Recorder 1 (1): device status changed into 'handled by libCEC'
DEBUG: [ 354] Recorder 1 (1): power status changed from 'unknown' to 'on'
DEBUG: [ 354] Recorder 1 (1): vendor = Pulse Eight (001582)
DEBUG: [ 354] Recorder 1 (1): CEC version 1.4
DEBUG: [ 354] AllocateLogicalAddresses - device '0', type 'recording device', LA '1'
DEBUG: [ 354] setting ackmask to 2
DEBUG: [ 359] Recorder 1 (1): osd name set to 'CECTester'
DEBUG: [ 359] Recorder 1 (1): menu language set to 'eng'
DEBUG: [ 359] GetPhysicalAddress - trying to get the physical address via ADL
DEBUG: [ 359] GetPhysicalAddress - ADL returned physical address 0000
DEBUG: [ 359] GetPhysicalAddress - trying to get the physical address via nvidia driver
DEBUG: [ 359] GetPhysicalAddress - nvidia driver returned physical address 0000
DEBUG: [ 359] GetPhysicalAddress - trying to get the physical address via drm files
DEBUG: [ 359] GetPhysicalAddress - drm files returned physical address 0000
DEBUG: [ 359] GetPhysicalAddress - trying to get the physical address from the OS
DEBUG: [ 359] GetPhysicalAddress - OS returned physical address 0000
NOTICE: [ 359] setting HDMI port to 1 on device TV (0)
DEBUG: [ 359] Recorder 1 (1): physical address changed from ffff to 1000
DEBUG: [ 359] << Recorder 1 (1) -> broadcast (F): physical adddress 1000
TRAFFIC: [ 359] << 1f:84:10:00:01
DEBUG: [ 494] using persisted autonomous mode setting: 'enabled'
DEBUG: [ 499] using persisted CEC version setting: '1.4'
DEBUG: [ 504] using persisted logical address setting: 'Recorder 1'
DEBUG: [ 509] using persisted device type setting: 'recording device'
DEBUG: [ 514] using persisted logical address mask setting: '206'
DEBUG: [ 530] using persisted device name setting: 'CECTester'
DEBUG: [ 535] using persisted physical address setting: '1000'
NOTICE: [ 535] CEC client registered: libCEC version = 3.0.1, client version = 3.0.1, firmware version = 7, firmware build date: Wed Apr 13 10:36:11 2016 +0000, logical address(es) = Recorder 1 (1) , base device: TV (0), HDMI port number: 1, physical address: 1.0.0.0, compiled on Fri Jul 3 17:23:36 UTC 2015 by [email protected] on Linux 3.19.0-21-generic (x86_64), features: P8_USB, P8_detect, randr
DEBUG: [ 535] << Recorder 1 (1) -> TV (0): OSD name 'CECTester'
TRAFFIC: [ 535] << 10:47:43:45:43:54:65:73:74:65:72
DEBUG: [ 811] << requesting power status of 'TV' (0)
TRAFFIC: [ 811] << 10:8f
TRAFFIC: [ 962] >> 01:90:01
waiting for input
DEBUG: [ 962] TV (0): power status changed from 'unknown' to 'standby'
DEBUG: [ 962] expected response received (90: report power status)
DEBUG: [ 962] >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): report power status (90)
TRAFFIC: [ 20670] >> 0f:32:69:74:61
DEBUG: [ 20670] TV (0): power status changed from 'standby' to 'on'
DEBUG: [ 20670] TV (0): menu language set to 'ita'
DEBUG: [ 20670] >> TV (0) -> Broadcast (F): set menu language (32)
TRAFFIC: [ 20716] >> 01
DEBUG: [ 20716] << POLL: TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1)
TRAFFIC: [ 20763] >> 02
DEBUG: [ 20763] << POLL: TV (0) -> Recorder 2 (2)
TRAFFIC: [ 20805] >> 02
DEBUG: [ 20805] << POLL: TV (0) -> Recorder 2 (2)
TRAFFIC: [ 20841] >> 02
DEBUG: [ 20841] << POLL: TV (0) -> Recorder 2 (2)
TRAFFIC: [ 20878] >> 02
DEBUG: [ 20878] << POLL: TV (0) -> Recorder 2 (2)
TRAFFIC: [ 20925] >> 02
DEBUG: [ 20925] << POLL: TV (0) -> Recorder 2 (2)
TRAFFIC: [ 20961] >> 03
DEBUG: [ 20961] << POLL: TV (0) -> Tuner 1 (3)
TRAFFIC: [ 21003] >> 03
DEBUG: [ 21003] << POLL: TV (0) -> Tuner 1 (3)
TRAFFIC: [ 21040] >> 03
DEBUG: [ 21040] << POLL: TV (0) -> Tuner 1 (3)
TRAFFIC: [ 21076] >> 03
DEBUG: [ 21076] << POLL: TV (0) -> Tuner 1 (3)
TRAFFIC: [ 21123] >> 03
DEBUG: [ 21123] << POLL: TV (0) -> Tuner 1 (3)
TRAFFIC: [ 21159] >> 04
Yeah seems to be a kodi problem, tried both openelec and libreelec with 2 diffrent pulse-eight usb dongles. Neither works with kodi, when running cec-client i see keypresses on both. Would be nice if it got fixed.
I'm also having this issue. The dongle is "detected" upon booting to the main menu, but keypresses are not being picked up by my Samsung TV (Purchased 2014).

How do we get the ball rolling to fix this?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI CEC - USB Adapter [Pulse-Eight]1