HDMI CEC - USB Adapter [Pulse-Eight]
(2013-09-11, 01:02)cageracer Wrote: Hi guys,
I bought one of these things.

Firstly, there are no install instructions provided or on the Pulse eight website. Really freaking poor form.

Secondly, I can't get it to work. Running Win 7 64 bit.

When I plug it in, it's recognised immediately as 'USB-CEC adaptor" or something similar.

When I install the driver found on the Pulse Eight website, the name in Device Manager changes to "COM5" or similar - every time I reattempt the install the number increments by one.

Re-booting doesn't change this. It seems as if the device is not being recognised or the driver is not installing properly (no error messages though).

I tried installing the lib-cec package and it installs ok but the software doesn't work - I get an unhandled exception error and the program will open but never moves beyond 'initialising'.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I've emailed Pulse Eight but given they can't even be bothered putting install instructions on their website I'm not too hopeful.

Support is now baked into XBMC itself, so you should literally be able to just plug it in to HDMI, then plug in the USB cord, and XBMC v12.2 should see it. No other installation or set up is required for basic operation, normally. It's mentioned on the install video and on the product page: http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/product...apter.aspx

Pulse-Eight has excellent customer support, so please contact them if you feel there is an issue with the unit itself (a bad part maybe?). I've met some of them in person and they're really good people. Of course, we can also try to help you here on the XBMC forums.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HDMI CEC - USB Adapter [Pulse-Eight] - by Ned Scott - 2013-09-11, 02:48
Last Post - by JamesTromi - 2017-05-23, 10:57
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI CEC - USB Adapter [Pulse-Eight]1