Win Subtitles, music, no speech?
Hello all! I'm new to XBMC. I discovered it about 2 weeks ago and I haven't looked back since. Matter of fact, I'm building a nice little watercooled HTPC because I was so impressed by it. Anyway, I was watching a TV show last night and all worked fine. For some reason, the box I'm running XBMC on had a major sound failure (it just stopped making noise, even in iTunes) and it took a reboot to fix it. I haven't had that particular issue since, but I've noticed that since then, certain shows and movies (but definitely not all) will play video perfectly, show the subtitles, and even the background music clearly. The problem is, there is no speech! It's the strangest thing ever. I know the issue was not there prior to the sound problem (as I went back and restarted the same episode I was on). Any ideas? The only thing I can seem to find in common between the files is that they are .mkv. My .avi files seem to be fine. Like I said, the background music is fine, subtitles will show if they are there, but the speech is nonexistent unless I put my ear up to the speaker.
Maybe you've tripped over the cable to your centre speaker
You spelled "center" wrong Rofl

Actually, I think you were right - almost. The center was barely responding while my left and right were sounding fine. A quick cable check showed no problems, but I changed the processing on the head and the center came back. Thank you! I never would have thought about that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles, music, no speech?0