• 5(current)
[XBMCbuntu] XBMC 12.00 - Frodo beta release
That was my understanding, but the quote with the update in the first post seems to say otherwise (the L5.1 was only released a couple of days ago). I'm just after some clarification.
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
Create Confusion :-)

H264 Level51 is a video codec specification. It tells something about max Bitrate, max reframes, e.g.
If you are interested further, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC#Levels
it has absolutely nothing to do with Audio, where 5.1 is used for the number of speakers :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
thanks. The quote in the first post is misleading, or I'm the only that interprets it incorrectly.

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
Thanks for the awesome releases, as always!

Works great on my Acer Revo 1600.

Only one problem I've encountered. Airplay will not do audio from my iPhone/iPad/Mac. Airplay will do pictures and youtube videos just fine, but it doesn't play audio at all.

Any ideas?
I've found a bug with outputting 5.1 FLAC decoded to 5.1 PCM over HDMI...

Output is 2 channel stereo, unless "output stereo sources to all speakers" is selected in the audio section of system settings. With this selected, it plays perfectly and outputs a 5.1 FLAC soundtrack to all speakers as it should.

Surely this selection box should simply be for duplicating a stereo signal to all speakers as it says, and 5.1 FLAC should be output as 5.1 regardless of this option.

Is this "normal"?
AE is still Beta so plz report this to the AE Beta Thread...
Need some advice because after about 5-6 days now of trying to get xbmcbuntu working I am at the point of giving up and going back to windows.

My hardware

Asrock a75m-itx
Adm Llano a6-3500
4GB (2 x 2GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
OCZ 30gb ssd

I have tried all methods of getting xbmcbuntu working from following wsnipex's guide to installing both versions in the OP here.

Tonight I installed v2.

did update & upgrade, Set advanced settings with dirty regions etc. Set all video output options as suggested in different threads.

Tonight installing v2 and sorting out all settings ( and yes my ram timings are also setup and shared video memory at 512k ) I soved a problem of a few of my movies not rendering correctly. So after install I checked movies and they worked ok.. Cool at this point I thought everything was fine.. So I added my movie library ( about 3000 mkv's ). BTW other day I found things really slow on browsing movies and figured it was down to all my thumbs being stored on nas.. So I removed all thumbs and allowed xbmc to scrape there so they could be stored locally.

Anyway.. Once I got library in I noticed cpu usage was very high.. On home screen at about 100-200% over the 3 cores.. Browsing movies it grinds to a halt.. Playing movies now the library is in has gone back to problems with guddering and jumping all over the place.

Does anyone have any suggestions or shall I just give up and go back to windows which I knows work? I wanted to use xbmcbuntu for more of an stb feel and speed of load but if my hardware is just not goign to hack linux then windows it will have to do.
Afraid I don't know what your problem is, but I have a near identical spec PC (except I added a GT430 for bitstreaming) and both v1 & v2 of this XBMCbuntu works out the box.

Clean install onto SSD, only setting I had to change was the Audio and passthrough output.

XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
I am still having one issue with XBMCbuntu:

Fresh install of XBMCbuntu v2 from first post, it booted fine so I exited and logged in to the desktop. From a terminal I ran:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo reboot

Now it does not boot into X. It gives me a command line login prompt. I have to enter username, password and then issue the command:
sudo service lightdm start

Has noone else had this? I occasionally did this on the v1 I had installed previously

XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
(2012-07-03, 23:14)charlie0440 Wrote: I am still having one issue with XBMCbuntu:

Fresh install of XBMCbuntu v2 from first post, it booted fine so I exited and logged in to the desktop. From a terminal I ran:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo reboot

Now it does not boot into X. It gives me a command line login prompt. I have to enter username, password and then issue the command:
sudo service lightdm start

Has noone else had this? I occasionally did this on the v1 I had installed previously

Did you also install a new kernel?
don't know, I only issued those commands from a fresh install. Should I have entered dist-upgrade instead?

XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
Just to tell that I have success with this version and the build-in tvheadend (AVerTV Volar HD dvb-t usb key).

And a question: this version works well on my system. But would I be able to update it in the future like a stable version?
Thanks first for this great work.

I installed v2 from the first post, and everything works fine (almost) Wink

I don´t get any hd-sound. Only a crahing noise from all speakers at the same time. Switching to another language with DD or DTS I get the normal movie sound.

But thats the wrong thread...isn´t it? Wink

Gonna check the ae-thread an maybe we got this problem solved

However...so long I go back to the stable release

Thank you very much and go on *both-thumbs-up*

(2012-07-05, 13:38)ced64k Wrote: Just to tell that I have success with this version and the build-in tvheadend (AVerTV Volar HD dvb-t usb key).

And a question: this version works well on my system. But would I be able to update it in the future like a stable version?

Would you mind explaining how you managed to login to the tvheadend web-gui for setting up your channels? I can't seem to login at all with the version included built into this release, no matter what I do.
I made a bootble usb hd with this image (v2) the first time it works great but when you reboot the system is isnt working any more (i did not installed it picked the option run from usb hd) i have to make a new bootble hd and than it works again. (gives allot of errors) tested it 2 times any 1 else having the same problem?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCbuntu] XBMC 12.00 - Frodo beta release1