How To: Easy synchronised multiroom audio (inc. Spotify!) using XSqueeze in XBMC
Hello

I just installed XSqueeze for the first time and I have a few questions. I am new to Linux / XBMC but I have been using Logitech Media Server on my WHS and SqueezeSlave on my Windows Media Center PCs for a while.

I chose the SqueezeSlave player option in the XSqueeze Configuration.

1. Do I have to each time manually go in to XBMC - Programs and start XSqueeze after I boot up the HTPC ? For the XBMC (SqueezeSlave) player to then be visible in the LMS webpage ? Can it not auto start ?

2. Since installing XSqueeze my PC no longer seems to reboot properly, from the XBMC Power menu I select reboot and now I just get a black screen. I have to putty in to the box and run a sudo reboot command. I just uninstalled XSqueeze and XSqueeze Chooser and now the PC reboots OK again.

3. I could only seem to get in to the Music Chooser (The screen with the flaming guitar) the first time I launched the XSqueeze addon from programs. If I then exited to the XBMC Home menu, clicking on XSqueeze from the Programs list later does nothing. Also tried pressing i info button on remote.

4. Whats the advantage of XSqueeze over just manually installing SqueezeSlave on the PC. What does the program allow you to do in XBMC UI ? Other than giving you a now playing screen.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
RE: How To: Easy synchronised multiroom audio playback using XSqueeze in XBMC - by cw-kid - 2013-02-20, 19:23
Having problems doing this... - by fredphoesh - 2016-09-29, 15:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How To: Easy synchronised multiroom audio (inc. Spotify!) using XSqueeze in XBMC2