How To: Easy synchronised multiroom audio (inc. Spotify!) using XSqueeze in XBMC
What I would like to do is play my music on my Host PC, located in my Den, and my Remote PC (laptop), which is located in my Living Room at the same time. This will be great for when I'm hosting parties at my house. I'd like to be able to control my playlist from my Host PC but either will do.

Host PC:
running Windows 7 w/out XBMC installed on machine
All Audio is locally stored via external HDD

Remote PC
laptop running Windows 8 w/ XBMC (Frodo)

I've installed LMS and scanned my media and is currentley running on my Host PC
successfully installed the XSQUEEXE addon inside XBMC.

-this is where I'm hitting a stumbling block....

When I access the LMS web based interface (Host PC), under the "choose player" option, I am seeing "your player was not found"
Using the Automatic LMS Server Discovery option (remote PC), I am able to see my host computer listed. However, whenever I try to enter the xsqueeze addon after that, it says "could not connect to player"

1. in the XSQUEEZE settings of my Remote PC (laptop) do I need to untick the "Act as a squeezeplayer?" option?
2. I've read that I need to change the Mac for local player/mac of device to control. How do I find this Mac address? I tried looking in the LMS Server Settings and cannot find it.
3. I've accessed LMS via the squeezeboxcp.exe on my Host computer. This should mean that I do NOT have to have XBMC running on my host computer to play my local files. Correct?

So sorry for the N00b questions. Here's hoping somebody can help me get this powerful tool up and running. And thanks to the dev for such a cool option

Messages In This Thread
RE: How To: Easy synchronised multiroom audio (inc. Spotify!) using XSqueeze in XBMC - by harpua1982 - 2014-06-16, 01:18
Having problems doing this... - by fredphoesh - 2016-09-29, 15:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How To: Easy synchronised multiroom audio (inc. Spotify!) using XSqueeze in XBMC2