Remote communication server failed to start
Ok, I'm running XBMCbuntu and at least once a day my xbmc instance stops responding and all it displays on the screen is a popup that says "Remote communication server failed to start." Everything else on the system seems to be working properly, the remote works and as a workaround, I've mapped one of the remote buttons to reboot my system, as that is the only quick fix to the problem. Over the course of troubleshooting, I've narrowed it down to the dbus daemon.

Through a very roundabout process, if I stop lightdm, then try to restart dbus, which crashes it because it can't find the display, then start lightdm again, everything works. If I don't crash dbus, I just get the "Remote communication server failed to start" message, and then my sound doesn't work until I do that. Anybody else encountered this or have any idea where to start troubleshooting?
I think I narrowed this down to my cron job that was updating my library. I removed the cron and things seem to be running much better, although I still don't understand exactly why this cron seems to be crashing dbus, I suppose I can work with it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote communication server failed to start0