Linux Need to autostart application right after X11 initialisation
Hi,

I recently updated my Ubuntu to 12.04 and found everything I ever installed or configured by hand broken, as expected..

So I fiddled my autologin back together, my lirc-configuration, etc. but got stuck two days ago with my beloved alsa_loopback_jack_brutefir_chain! ARRGH, no music anymore! - The problem is that Ubuntu 12.04 changed jackd2's compilation options to depend on dbus. Dbus can't be started from a shell not running under X11, so there is no chance to start it using /etc/rc.local or a startup-script as it was until now.

I tried compiling jackd2 from source, but somehow it keeps crashing right after starting it, due to a memory allocation problem, so I am stuck with the distro-package and need to find a way to execute jackd from within X11 automatically. Sadly I didin't find a way to properly do so in two days.

I suppose I could simply put it in any of the script that actuelly start xbmc, but I can't figure which one and where.

Can anyone help me out here, that would be great?!
Does /usr/bin/dbus-launch help? IIRC,
/usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session _your_jackd_command
or some variation could do the trick.
Ah, thx, meanwhile I just put it right at the beginning of /usb/bin/xbmc-standalone and that works for me.
Ok, update: I used your command wich works nicely - thx! - so I am independent of xbmc-updates or whatever Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need to autostart application right after X11 initialisation0