[SOLVED] XBMC Not Showing DVD ISO files
~80 movies are missing from my library. They comprise all the dvd's I have copied as iso files.

It took a while to notice as my collection is reasonably large.

These movies all used to show up back when I was running XBMC on Ubuntu. I'm currently running it on Windows 7 and don't know for sure when exactly they dropped from my library - it may have been when I first started using xbmc on windows or during one of the last few upgrades.

They all play fine using VLC outside of xbmc, it seems xbmc simply doesn't see them. It isn't an issue with the folders not being scanned. I can rip them using dvdfab and when I place the resulting file in the same folder xbmc sees it immediately.

I've done a myriad of searches in the forums but haven't found any mention of a similar issue.

As this isn't playback related I'm not bothering to post a log or machine details, however if you believe that would be helpful let me know. My hope is that this is simply a configuration setting I've overlooked.
Posting a debug log during a media scan would shed some light on the matter. Also posting a screen shot of your file structure for the missing files could help.
Thanks for your help.

I'm pretty sure these are what you want, if not let me know.

Image[/img]

Log file located here: http://pastebin.com/tVgBmAXC

I'm using xbmc 11.0 Git:20120321-14feb09 (Compiled Mar 21 2012)
Windows 7, 64-bit (WoW) Service Pack 1 build 7601
The storage devices are Western Digital 2 TB Elements (USB 2.0).
You'll probably notice it from the log. However most of these missing movies (if not all) were backed up/copied using brasero in Ubuntu. They are almost all called "brasero" but the folder is named correctly.

One of the ways I attempted to troubleshoot this issue was to rename some of the iso files to reflect their movie name. So, as an example, the file for Anchors Aweigh is now called anchorsaweigh.iso instead of brasero.iso. Unfortunately this didn't solve the problem.
well, it didn't take long for the image link to break.

Essentially the file structure is:
i:\Movies\{MOVIENAME]\[isofile]
Code:
04:17:05 T:4204   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'G:\Movies\Anchors Aweigh\anchorsaweigh.iso'
04:17:05 T:4204   DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for 'anchorsaweigh' using The MovieDB scraper (path: 'C:\Users\Valoreck\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '3.3.0')
You are scanning using the filename and not the folder name. If you do not want the file to be the exact name of the movie, then make sure your scraper is set to use the folder name and your folder name matches the title exactly. Even better to add the year in () after the movie title, ie. Anchors Aweigh (1945).
[attachment=218]
Thanks so much Kricker, that solved it!

My library immediately went from 261 to 318.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] XBMC Not Showing DVD ISO files0