xubuntu how to disable DVD autoplay
Tried xbmc as a dvd player for the first time and had this problem that parole jumped up
automatically and screwed up everything. How can I disable parole or any other stuff
popping up when I insert a film dvd in the drive?
In Xubuntu, you have to change the removeable drives and media setting for DVDs so it doesn't automatically play when a disc is inserted. That should prevent Parole from launching. I don't have a Xubuntu installation and I don't know your version, so I can't give you the exact steps (Google it if you don't already know how to do this).

If you also want to prevent XBMC from automatically playing your DVD on insertion (or popping up a window to prompt for user action), change: System > Settings > Videos > DVDs > Play DVDs automatically. You may(?) have to do likewise for music CDs in order to prevent pop-ups on DVD insertion (I know, seems illogical, but that's how it seems to work): System > Settings > Music > Audio CDs > Play audio CDs automatically.
Yeah, I googled and could not immediately find it - therefore I wrote the post.
And yes I want to stop xfce from starting parole player, - what xbmc does is ok...
(2012-07-07, 21:37)Juge Wrote: Yeah, I googled and could not immediately find it - therefore I wrote the post.
And yes I want to stop xfce from starting parole player, - what xbmc does is ok...
For Xubuntu help (since this isn't necessarily related to XBMC), check here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xubuntu how to disable DVD autoplay0