• 8(current)
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread.
Just tested on my HP Touchpad on CM9. SD videos are smooth, HD are sluggish due to lack of hardware decoding plus wifi I guess. Didn't find NFS share, did I miss or it isn't implemented yet ?

The interface makes XBMC crash from time to time but well, nightly OS + not even alpha XBMC can't ask for more, that's already awesome ! Smile
(2012-07-15, 14:32)torvalds Wrote: I've no files under Android->Data->org.xbmc.xbmc->files, I'm looking for advancedsettings.xml file to setup mysql server configuration, anyone found it?

I've got the same issue. I suspect that there's some sort of permissions issue preventing things from getting saved based on this and others reporting GUI settings not saving.

EDIT: Figured it out. I've been using Solid Explorer a lot lately and recently it had to be reinstalled due to some market issue that prevented the dev from updating the original version. So my settings weren't brought over and, unbeknownst to me, hidden files were no longer visible (go figure). Anyways, after re-enabling the option to show hidden files the .xbmc folder shows up and inside are the usual folders, including Userdata. advancedsettings.xml with data for MySQL database (db version 66) works as expected. Very exciting, now to wait patiently for hardware acceleration on my LTEvo, that's the hard part.
Wink 
First off kudos to everyone involved in making this a reality! Cool

I know that a lot of development still has to be done and the main development platform was the Pivos DS which features an AmLogic AML8726 SOC. However I wondered if someone with the technological background could possibly wager a guesstimate if the upcoming AmLogic AML8726-MX (http://tomkanok.wordpress.com/2012/04/13...hitecture/) could be an easy plattform upgrade. Though probably none of you had any hands-on time with it, on a high-level it seems like this is basically an AML8726 just with twice as many Cortex and mali cores. No clue when it comes to the VPU.

Please don't get me wrong and shoot me Angel It's just that Davilla once mentioned porting code from Cortex A8 to A9 was basically a non-issue. So for me as user porting code from one AML to another seemingly identical AML chips seems doable. I'm not asking if or when it will be ported to AML8726-MX based devices - merely if you as developers feel like it could be done without bending over backwards coding-wise.

Another question is if AmLogic or Pivos are giving you access to the linux VPU libraries and anything else needed to make linux XBMC on AML SOCs (and ARM in general) a reality sometime down the line.

Thank you for your great work! I seriously need to get me that doner status sometime soon Big Grin
This is GREAT news, i can now see all of my friends getting an android media player and running xbmc on it. Cant wait for an official release and list of recommended media players.
How would I go about using XBMC on my phone scrolling through all my movies and then choose to start the movie on my PC?
Seems, like the best hardware atm is Pivos Xios DS, but cant find anyone in the UK. Im sure there will be loads more devices that it will run perfectly on after a stable version is released Smile
Cant wait
Extremely impressive work. I'm amazed about how smooth the interface works on my Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Bean AOSP. Really... really! impressive work.

Playing music, sd video or hd video is not really possible on my device because of missing hardware acceleration. But it a small miracle in my eyes that it's running on Android so soon at all. Says a lot about the overall quality of the software.

Once the first stable release is available i'll be replacing all the old xboxes of friends and family with cheap android devices.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
(2012-07-15, 18:10)skweezer Wrote: Seems, like the best hardware atm is Pivos Xios DS, but cant find anyone in the UK. Im sure there will be loads more devices that it will run perfectly on after a stable version is released Smile
Cant wait

Been looking for one too cant find one in the UK anywhere....
(2012-07-15, 18:04)Tobby Wrote: How would I go about using XBMC on my phone scrolling through all my movies and then choose to start the movie on my PC?

That´s what XBMC Remote is for...
Can we compile a list on wiki of devices that so far are working? Tried apk from xda dev and it just closes on transformer 1.

Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
My understanding is the Pivos device demo'ed by Pivos is an unreleased Xios XS.

Is there any information on how this device is different from the Pivos Xios DS?

(2012-05-25, 14:33)davilla Wrote: XBMC on AMLogic/Pivos demoed by ARM. Click on the main video, fun begins at 7:28.

http://tinyurl.com/7uwgl48
This could be awesome. I am hoping the final release will support webdav too, then I can use my phone, to watch any of the movies on my synology nas, anywhere! (even on a TV with HDMI cable..!)

Sadly, it doesnt work on my phone at all (LG, P990, Cyanogenmod 7.2 Gingerbread)
Works great on my mates Galaxy S3 though!

Look forward to it being released!
(2012-07-15, 18:04)Tobby Wrote: How would I go about using XBMC on my phone scrolling through all my movies and then choose to start the movie on my PC?

XBMC on PC and XBMC Remote on your phone.
(2012-07-15, 19:41)solidsatras Wrote:

I hate that app Sad The UI makes me puke. You can't controll it from this app?
(2012-07-15, 20:30)Tobby Wrote:
(2012-07-15, 19:41)solidsatras Wrote:

I hate that app Sad The UI makes me puke. You can't controll it from this app?

This app IS XBMC.
There re loads of other remotes if you don't like the official one. Yatse works fine.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread.6