Screen Resolution and Aspect Ratio
I've got an XBMC setup on a HP T5735 thin client with XP SP3. This doesn't seem to be powerfull enough to output a 1080 images to my TV (lots of skipping at this resolution). As an added annoyance my TV does not support any 16:9 screen resoulution other than 1080 (ie 1920 x 1080 there is no support for 1280x720)

If I drop the PC down to a 4:3 resolution - for example 1024x768, the XBMC compresses any widescreen content to have black bars at the top and bottom, when this image gets displayed, then the TV stretches the X axis to 16:9 format (so everyone is short and fat ...)

Is there anyway I can force XBMC to instead of adding black bars, it stretches the image vertically (so everyone is tall and skinny), so that when the TV stretches it horizontally it turns back into a 16:9 image.
Wrong forum? Not possible?
Video calibration - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...alibration - should fix it (I have an old plasma with non-square pixels that I have to adjust).
You post is a bit unclear for most people reading to wrap their heads around what you're trying to do... I had to Google HP T5735 thin client just to start, then your message gets weighed down... it's unclear what kind of TV you have... CRT 4:3 aspect? analog/digital inputs? most digital panels have a 'optimum native res mode' so it sthat what you're talking about limited support..?

Your PC has what kind of graphics? On the MB or a gfx card...? HDMI output? your monitor res... I get the idea that everything is short & fat.. are they not the same descriptors? How do you change displays...?

XBMC would seem to be able to zoom, fill, change aspect... and stretch, depending if it's calibration for a single movie or an over-all setting. Some gfx cards allow for optimum set-up for the desktop, and different settings for the second device (your TV), if that's possible... optimize the second desktop then when you run XBMC in windowed mode... it will take on those specs, further adjustments within XBMC should allow tweaks for 1080p and subsequently upscale maintains aspect for videos with less res. I guess this post is not as helpful as it could be, but you'll have to re-post with more details.

"live4ever" posted just ahead of me, and his link should be more useful than my ramblings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen Resolution and Aspect Ratio0