Change Pages using JSON
I've just started writing a program to control XBMC on a Touch Screen and I'm trying to find the commands relating to page changes. Is there a command like GoToPage(Movies) or something like that?

Although I've done a search, with the words CHANGE PAGE it returns about 22 pages of threads!

Any help appreciated.
In Eden there isn't. With latest master (newer than the monthly build from June) you should be able to achieve what you want by using Input.ExecuteAction with the actions "pageup" and "pagedown". There's no documentation on the wiki for that method yet though. But it's all in JSONRPC.Introspect.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2012-07-16, 21:10)Montellese Wrote: In Eden there isn't. With latest master (newer than the monthly build from June) you should be able to achieve what you want by using Input.ExecuteAction with the actions "pageup" and "pagedown". There's no documentation on the wiki for that method yet though. But it's all in JSONRPC.Introspect.

OK, so in order to achieve this I guess I need to wait until the next release?
Yes I can't think of another way to do it.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2012-07-17, 10:34)Montellese Wrote: Yes I can't think of another way to do it.

OK. Doing a bit of research I can see there is an ActivateWindow(x) command currently available so how would I go about implementing that; i.e. send a keyboard event using JSON. By the looks of it, the CTRL+e is the key combination I would need to send... I'll do some searching until I get a response...

EDIT: OK, I've figured out how to do it by using AppActivate and My.Computer.Keyboard.Sendkeys. Only issue is unless XBMC is already running and has been set to "Files/Videos" under the Video page (when using Confluence skin anyway) it brings up a dialog/list rather than the file list.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change Pages using JSON0