• 173(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
(2021-02-25, 11:16)Anderella Wrote: Don't wanna be impatientSmile
But could you verify my bug?

Hi,

the issue is your file ending in [TRAILER]. If you look at your second screenshot, in the movie's file section there are two filenames, separated by a comma.
MediaElch uses the first filename in that list to determine NFO filename, trailer filename, etc.
However, the first file is "3_TAGE_IN_QUIBERON[HDDVD] [TRAILER].mp4" and MediaElch will search for "3_TAGE_IN_QUIBERON[HDDVD] [TRAILER].nfo".
If you remove (or rename) the file, MediaElch should be able to fine the file again. That's the only workaround for now.

Update: Just tested it: There is a space between the HDDVD and TRAILER. Remove the space and MediaElch will correctly sort it. The reason that the sorting fails is that MediaElch also uses the file extension for sorting. I will fix that Smile
MediaElch: Thread v2.10.6 | GitHub | Docs | Blog
(2021-02-25, 15:28)bugwelle Wrote:
(2021-02-25, 11:16)Anderella Wrote: Don't wanna be impatientSmile
But could you verify my bug?

Hi,

the issue is your file ending in [TRAILER]. If you look at your second screenshot, in the movie's file section there are two filenames, separated by a comma.
MediaElch uses the first filename in that list to determine NFO filename, trailer filename, etc.
However, the first file is "3_TAGE_IN_QUIBERON[HDDVD] [TRAILER].mp4" and MediaElch will search for "3_TAGE_IN_QUIBERON[HDDVD] [TRAILER].nfo".
If you remove (or rename) the file, MediaElch should be able to fine the file again. That's the only workaround for now.

Update: Just tested it: There is a space between the HDDVD and TRAILER. Remove the space and MediaElch will correctly sort it. The reason that the sorting fails is that MediaElch also uses the file extension for sorting. I will fix that Smile
Thanks for the info and your help!

Is there any chance to get an additional setting to ignore files ?
As I need to keep the file: "3_TAGE_IN_QUIBERON[HDDVD] [TRAILER].mkv" (for nmt/yamj) and alongside the necessary kodi-file: "3_TAGE_IN_QUIBERON[HDDVD]-trailer.mkv", I cannot avoid the " [TRAILER]." naming.
(2021-02-25, 19:28)Anderella Wrote: Thanks for the info and your help!

As I need to keep the file: "3_TAGE_IN_QUIBERON[HDDVD] [TRAILER].mkv" (for nmt/yamj) and alongside the necessary kodi-file: "3_TAGE_IN_QUIBERON[HDDVD]-trailer.mkv", I cannot avoid the " [TRAILER]." naming.

Hi,

it should be possible by using advancedsettings.xml. See
https://mediaelch.github.io/mediaelch-do...d-settings

Relevant configuration: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/blob/...#L181-L192

The following pattern should work (untested, though):

xml:
<pattern applyTo="filename">\[TRAILER\]</pattern>

If that does not work, I'll test it tomorrow. Please let me know if you need further help. Smile
(2021-02-25, 21:22)bugwelle Wrote:

Hi,

xml:

If that does not work, I'll test it tomorrow. Please let me know if you need further help. Smile
@bugwelle 
Thank you so much.
It worked.

(Feedback: First putting the .xml file in the osx application folder didn't work, after moving it to the "~/Library/Application Support/kvibes/MediaElch/advancedsettings.xml" folder it worked.)
(2021-02-26, 01:03)Anderella Wrote:
(2021-02-25, 21:22)bugwelle Wrote:

Hi,

xml:

@bugwelle 
Thank you so much.
It worked.

(Feedback: First putting the .xml file in the osx application folder didn't work, after moving it to the "~/Library/Application Support/kvibes/MediaElch/advancedsettings.xml" folder it worked.)

Great! Yes, on macOS, the application directory isn't MediaElch.app but instead MediaElch.app/Contents/MacOS. I'll update the documentation.
Hello, so I tried to add poster and fanarts to some movies set but on Kodi , the movie sets and the name are displayed but not the posters and fanarts, why ? The file names of the posters and fanarts scraped with medialch are baseFileName -fanart.jpg and baseFileName -poster.jpg

All of the movies of one movie set are in the same folder
(2021-02-25, 15:15)bugwelle Wrote:
(2021-02-23, 21:39)Kallita Wrote: Feature request. After playing with the program for a while one of the things that is kinda annoying is having to constantly change the settings for what folders I want to scan. I will want to work only on the cartoon movies one day and the next I will want to work only on the new tvshows. This would require removing the old folders from settings and adding the new ones every time I want to work on something different.
[...

I thought about having "project files" for such a case. However, MediaElch does not have the internal structure for that.
What may be possible is a checkbox to enable/disable folders in the settings. Would that work for you? Smile

I am thinking that would be an improvement, and appreciated. Smile
It is definitely a first world problem so no rush on it.
thanks for your time and the program.
Me
(2021-02-25, 15:15)bugwelle Wrote:
(2021-02-23, 21:39)Kallita Wrote: Feature request. After playing with the program for a while one of the things that is kinda annoying is having to constantly change the settings for what folders I want to scan. I will want to work only on the cartoon movies one day and the next I will want to work only on the new tvshows. This would require removing the old folders from settings and adding the new ones every time I want to work on something different.
[...

I thought about having "project files" for such a case. However, MediaElch does not have the internal structure for that.
What may be possible is a checkbox to enable/disable folders in the settings. Would that work for you? Smile

Would it be (or is it) possible to specify a different config file location at startup?  For example:
# /usr/bin/MediaElch --config ~/.config/kvibes/MediaElch_regular.conf
# /usr/bin/MediaElch --config ~/.config/kvibes/MediaElch_Kids.conf
# /usr/bin/MediaElch --config ~/.config/kvibes/MediaElch_Czech.conf

The use case can go beyond just limiting the list of directories to scan.  You may also want different defaults, such as defaulting to a different scraper, or (as the above example) default to scraping for a different language.

although I suppose we'd need to also have alternate ~/.local/share/kvibes  and ~/.cache so maybe something like
# /usr/bin/MediaElch --profile Kids
where it appends <profile> to the paths
~/.config/kvibes/MediaElchKids.conf
~/.local/share/kvibes/MediaElchKids/
~/.cache/kvibes/MediaElchKids/

if --profile is not supplied, it just remains as  ~/.config/kvibes/MediaElch.conf  and so on.
I don't know if it's just me, but the last few commits (been compiling from source) MediaElch has been segfaulting after re-loading the movies.
is there some trace logging I should turn on to get more relevant log info?

MediaElch 2021-03-01 20:42:52.830 DEBUG : [MovieFileSearcher] Directory loaded: "/media-share/MOVIES//Unknown"
MediaElch 2021-03-01 20:42:52.834 DEBUG : [MovieFileSearcher] Directory loaded: "/media-share/MOVIES//Fantasy"
MediaElch 2021-03-01 20:42:52.843 DEBUG : [MovieFileSearcher] Directory loaded: "/media-share/MOVIES//Drama"
MediaElch 2021-03-01 20:42:52.851 DEBUG : [MovieFileSearcher] Reloading took 5610 ms
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

(TV shows seems perfectly OK)
The last version I have that still works was from Jan 29.   (I copy any "working" version into a backup directory just-in-case before I do build the lastest)
Is there a way to download the thumbnails as well? I see them listed in the nfo file but don't see an option to download and store them.

Another question - if I scrape a single movie I am shown a list of matches. So if there's a mismatch I can pick a different one. But if I scrape multiple movies, its not shown. Does it pick the 1st match in this case? Is there a way to verify whats picked?

And after scraping/saving metadata, is there a way to change the scraper/options etc and repeat? The movie disappears from the list after its saved.

Thanks
Hi

Thanks for MediaElch, I use it all the time.
Just a few questions.
1. Can I search other fields apart from the title field?
For example, I'd like to search all films by genre or director etc.
2. Can I batch change field entries? For example, could I ask MediaElch to replace 'samurai' with 'chanbara' for every film?
Thanks
(2021-02-26, 22:46)Bungee_G Wrote: Hello, so I tried to add poster and fanarts to some movies set but on Kodi , the movie sets and the name are displayed but not the posters and fanarts, why ? The file names of the posters and fanarts scraped with medialch are baseFileName -fanart.jpg and baseFileName -poster.jpg

All of the movies of one movie set are in the same folder

Hi,

thanks for letting me know. I will have to do a proper Kodi-compatibility check. I'm unsure what the problem may be. :/
Please refer to https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/1243 for the status of this issue. Smile
(2021-02-28, 00:55)Kallita Wrote: I am thinking that would be an improvement, and appreciated. Smile
It is definitely a first world problem so no rush on it.
thanks for your time and the program.
Me

Will be implemented by https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/pull/1244 :-)
The next MediaElch version will have this feature.
(2021-03-02, 03:50)randallspicher Wrote: I don't know if it's just me, but the last few commits (been compiling from source) MediaElch has been segfaulting after re-loading the movies.
is there some trace logging I should turn on to get more relevant log info?

MediaElch 2021-03-01 20:42:52.830 DEBUG : [MovieFileSearcher] Directory loaded: "/media-share/MOVIES//Unknown"
MediaElch 2021-03-01 20:42:52.834 DEBUG : [MovieFileSearcher] Directory loaded: "/media-share/MOVIES//Fantasy"
MediaElch 2021-03-01 20:42:52.843 DEBUG : [MovieFileSearcher] Directory loaded: "/media-share/MOVIES//Drama"
MediaElch 2021-03-01 20:42:52.851 DEBUG : [MovieFileSearcher] Reloading took 5610 ms
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

(TV shows seems perfectly OK)
The last version I have that still works was from Jan 29.   (I copy any "working" version into a backup directory just-in-case before I do build the lastest)

Hi,

thanks for reporting the issue.

First of all, regarding your "MediaElch Profiles": While I would very much like something like that, it's currently out-of-scope. I simply don't have the time to implement such feature. Undecided

Regarding your issue: I get that from time to time as well. I've made the movie-file-searcher run in parallel threads. For some reason, SQLite does not like to be called from another thread. I'm looking into that issue. Issue: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/1245

Edit:// Should be fixed now.
Hello everyone,

I know this seems so basic that it's almost embarrassing to ask for, but in regards to music scraping I simply cannot get MediaElch to work as I imagined it would work (edit: I thought it would read the tags already in the mp3 files, so that I don't have to go through everything again).

- All my MP3 files are tagged with Picard - ID3Tag v2.4.
- They are stored in Music/Artist/Album/Song.mp3
- MediaElch 2.8.6
- Windows 10

However, after adding the folders that contain music (in settings), and loading the files into MediaElch, there is absolutely no information to be found in any of the tag fields. All the music is detected, but all the tags are missing. I just don't get it. And searching for hours has not gotten me any closer to figuring this out. Which also suggests that I'm doing something wrong that everyone else just gets right away... But what is it??

If you can help me out or just point me in the right direction, it will be very much appreciated.
Thanks
  • 173(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9