• 14(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
Hi

Does I understand this right. That this program can read the XBMC db and use that information, so that it make an .nfo file for each movie out from what info is already there? Instead of scraping the whole collection one more time?
And the nfo created has an link to the right info site on imdb?

I don`t use an SQ server, but can I still use this from another PC on the network? Or does it have to be installed on the same machine that the XBMC is running?

I likely have more questions, but I don`t remember them as I wrote now... Hmmm

Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
(2012-10-12, 17:14)Komet Wrote: You should use the "XMBC MySQL" interface. I can't help you with the login details, you should know them (have a look at your advancedsettings.xml) And don't forget to set the "Media Center Directory" in the settings (read about it here http://mediaelch.kvibes.net/usage/)
The filename format of your episodes is currently not supported (only 1E01 for now) but it will be in the next version.
And you don't have to update every new episode, just update the whole show and don't check "Update all episodes". Also in version 1.1 you will be able to choose which items should be updated (like in the movies widget) so your custom poster, fanart and so on won't get replaced.

Thank you!

Actually, it did recognize my "1x01" when TBN/NFO etc already existed.
I didn't know that I could click update on the show, will try that. Atm. I've just clicked the new episode, and then "search", choose the show, and the media has been downloaded.
How can I choose season/wide image etc?

I'm using a custom port for XBMC (a lot of services on the same server), so that could be the problem. Does mediaelch support "servername:port" ?
I just have the user/pass in advancedsettings. The database is myvideos60 and is automatically created by XBMC. Is that the DB name I'm supposed to add?

Custom port for XBMC? You mean the web or jsrpc interface? MediaElch makes no use of these.

Season posters can be chosen after you click on the show name -> season posters. Season background images are not supported, as I don't know under which filename to save these Wink
(2012-10-13, 04:31)awyea Wrote: Can I create a MySQL database for xbmc from scratch with this? And is there a way to check if mediaelch is connected to the database properly? I'm trying to create a database from scratch but whenever I save a move or show, all of the info is lost when I restart mediaelch. So far the program itself is the best yet!

You have to start XBMC and let it create the database. If MediaElch could not connect to the database you will see an error message. Also check the field "Media Center Directory" in settings (http://mediaelch.kvibes.net/usage)
(2012-10-13, 11:38)zepo Wrote: Hi Komet. Great app.

Can you add a field for "subtitles" ?

I use mostly external subtitles and they are not put into the XBMC database when it scans my files. It's a shortcoming of XBMC. This means that they will not be recognized by skins that use the "listitem.subtitlelanguage"
For the time being I have to remux my files to get the subtitles into the database. It is pretty time consuming.

It would be much faster and easier to use the MediaElch interface for that. The same way you can add studios, country etc.

Hope you can add this. Can't be too hard for a guy with your programming skills.

(2012-10-14, 04:16)steve1977 Wrote:
(2012-10-07, 17:23)steve1977 Wrote: What about using imdbapi.org instead?

Any thoughts about adding IMDB support. MediaElch is nicely taking shape.

From what I see, there are only a few things left to actually compete with EMM rich features?

1) IMDB scraper support (over imdbapi.com)

2) Trailer support (youtube and hdtrailer.net)

3) Media info data (e.g., aspect ratio, resolution)

Would love to see this being implemented!!! Thanks in advance for considering!!!

All of this maybe later. Wink Media info is now on the roadmap. IMDB: need to clarify if this is legal or not (scraping from the imdb website is forbidden by their terms of service).
(2012-10-17, 11:57)Komet Wrote: Custom port for XBMC? You mean the web or jsrpc interface? MediaElch makes no use of these.
Custom port for MySQL. I don't use the standard 3306 port.

Btw: when I try to choose season poster etc. it says "No images found". It doesn't seem to scrape. And on some seasons, I can only choose up to f.ex. 09, even though I have 11 seasons etc.
Should I click "search" on the TV Show and update all episodes to fix it?
I don't mind doing that on the shows, a lot of them need an update anyways. As long I don't have to do that on my movies (currently using Ember for movies, I want to switch to MediaElch).

I don't use season fan art, just cover art, so that's ok with me.
I guess for season fan art, you need a "fanart" file in the season folder (instead of just fanart in the show-folder.)

Again, thanks for this wonderful application! It works perfectly. I just added "Adventure Time", and it found everything I wanted in seconds!
So it seems for me that it is easy to add new shows, but a bit more work if I want to update my current shows.

One more question: If I use MySQL connection, will it still download the content and save it with the episodes (like normal xml)?

_________

Edit:

I just switched my MySQL ports so that XBMC uses the standard 3306. I didn't get a "Connected to database" message or anything, but it took a looong time to load my TV-shows, so I guess it's connected. However, it doesn't show any of my artwork? All of them are blank and unrecognized.
If I try to search on a movie, it doesn't find anything. Almost all my movies has the filename: "Moviename (2000) 1080p". When I removed everything after the moviename, it worked. But still, why didn't it fetch the information already in the folders (NFO/TBN/JPG) which is also in the thumbnails folder?

Sorry for all my questions, I'm just a bit confused.
Setting the MySQL port will be added in the next release.
Nice! Do you know why my artwork doesn't show when I connect to the DB instead of XML?
And if I am connected via MySQL, does the fanart etc. still get downloaded locally with my movies/episodes, instead of just in the database?
(2012-10-17, 14:34)NorDemoniac Wrote: Nice! Do you know why my artwork doesn't show when I connect to the DB instead of XML?
And if I am connected via MySQL, does the fanart etc. still get downloaded locally with my movies/episodes, instead of just in the database?

Did you fill in something in settings -> Media Center Directory? Also read some posts above.

Don't mix this two things:
XML Interface: Save information in nfo files, store images beside movies
SQL Interface: Store information in SQL database, store images in XBMCs thumbnail cache
Hi

I was trying this program now, but can`t get it to work. The way I think it should.

I have added the path of the movies:E:\, and marked for separate folders. (each movie has it`s own folder)

I wanted the use the info that XBMCc alrady has mede so I`d go for SQ Lite.
There I added: C:/Users/******/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/Database/MyVideos60.db and
C:/Users/******/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails

The program is listing all of my movies that is in that location (E:\), but now info at all.
It looks like it don`t use the info from the XBMC db at all.

Have I done something wrong? Or misunderstood something?
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
when will the new version b here?need flv suport
(2012-10-17, 16:01)Komet Wrote:
(2012-10-17, 14:34)NorDemoniac Wrote: Nice! Do you know why my artwork doesn't show when I connect to the DB instead of XML?

Did you fill in something in settings -> Media Center Directory? Also read some posts above.

Don't mix this two things:
XML Interface: Save information in nfo files, store images beside movies
SQL Interface: Store information in SQL database, store images in XBMCs thumbnail cache
Hmm, so this means that I can't have best of both worlds?

Let's say that my computer crashes, I need to reinstall, I have everything except my library. Then I will have to re-download everything, compared to just fetching it from the local folders (XML). I still would want to be able to edit it in the XBMC library so that everything is updated.

I did fill in something in all the directories etc, and chose a Thumbnails folder (mine is shared). Still nothing. All movies/shows are marked as new, and they contain no images. If I switch to XML, everything is as usual.

XML is OK with me, it's just that I have to remove and re-add the shows/movies to get the newest information in XBMC.
Hi!
I today I tried your "MediaElch" on Kubuntu 12.10 64bit - worked as expected.
Here are a few feature suggestions: (didn't read all the posts, so some may be duplicated)
- Option to set the size for Posters, Fanarts etc.
They are very hard to compare
- Option to "Reload" all Folders or a specific Folder (without restarting MediaElch)
If a Folder has changed, you don't have to restart ME
- Have the FanArt as a Background in ME
Below the Content-textfield (Inhalt) theres much (unused) space. There could be a bigger Image of the FanArt or just put the FanArt as a Background for a Movie or TV-Serie.
- Exclude "*-sample"-files from Scan
They are scanned as Episodes :o
- Option to remove a Episode/Serie from the Database

Most of this Features are in "EmberMediaManager" on Win. Maybe you can "borrow" some features Wink
Gerne beschreibe ich alles noch mal auf deutsch Wink
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Does anyone have version 1.1 compiled for windows?
Just started to use MediaElch - another nail in the coffin for my Windows install now that there's a good media manager that runs on Ubuntu.
One small request - could you increase the "Season" field so that it support 4-digit numbers, there are a number of (generally long-running) shows that use the year as their Season number.

thanks
(2012-10-20, 17:45)boccman Wrote: Does anyone have version 1.1 compiled for windows?
There is no version 1.1 yet. It's still under development.

(2012-10-20, 19:59)PaulCarter Wrote: Just started to use MediaElch - another nail in the coffin for my Windows install now that there's a good media manager that runs on Ubuntu.
One small request - could you increase the "Season" field so that it support 4-digit numbers, there are a number of (generally long-running) shows that use the year as their Season number.

thanks

Maximum season and episode numbers were increased, comes with version 1.1 in the next days.
Thanks, sorry...just saw the revisions on your website...anyways....great work so far buddy....
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9