• 75(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
Hi Komet,
during the last days i played a bid with moviesets & genres.
as of now it looks like sets can not be refreshed in XBMC (or i do not know how) and i also would like the ability to asign thumbs to genres ( action, adventures, own genre )
is there a chance that any of these two functions could be added to ME?
to my knowledge these are things that can only be done by accessing/altering xbmc database directly.

i would also like to vote for the ability to rescrab for missing parts ( where we have a moviedb id or imdb id), this would make live a lot easier :-)
Thanks for listening & keep up with the good work
Linus
Bug 
Hi Komet,

First i want to give you all my appreciation for your great software and a special mention for the OS X version, there is not a lot of developers of free apps that waste the time to port his app. I change from Media Ember for this reason and i'm very happy since then, the app works like a charm and is simple and effective.

I updated to 2.0.1 a couple of days ago and i have been experiencing a problem with Fanart.tv scraper. Sometimes, unfortunately very often, it takes three of four times to find the images from Fanart.tv. It reports a "no image" message but if you try three or four times it then charge the images.

Operating System: OS X Mavericks.

Thanks,
(2014-01-08, 14:15)batmanraid Wrote: Hi Komet,

First i want to give you all my appreciation for your great software and a special mention for the OS X version, there is not a lot of developers of free apps that waste the time to port his app. I change from Media Ember for this reason and i'm very happy since then, the app works like a charm and is simple and effective.

I updated to 2.0.1 a couple of days ago and i have been experiencing a problem with Fanart.tv scraper. Sometimes, unfortunately very often, it takes three of four times to find the images from Fanart.tv. It reports a "no image" message but if you try three or four times it then charge the images.

Operating System: OS X Mavericks.

Thanks,

MediaElchs main development happens for OS X and Linux, so porting to Windows is a pain in the ... Wink
I'll check what the problem with fanart.tv is, maybe just some problems on their site with high load on their servers.

(2014-01-06, 19:55)Linusorg Wrote: Hi Komet,
during the last days i played a bid with moviesets & genres.
as of now it looks like sets can not be refreshed in XBMC (or i do not know how) and i also would like the ability to asign thumbs to genres ( action, adventures, own genre )
is there a chance that any of these two functions could be added to ME?
to my knowledge these are things that can only be done by accessing/altering xbmc database directly.

i would also like to vote for the ability to rescrab for missing parts ( where we have a moviedb id or imdb id), this would make live a lot easier :-)
Thanks for listening & keep up with the good work
Linus

I don't know how thumbs for genres can be set. Does anybody know if this is skin specific or is there a "XBMC only" way to store these?
Rescraping missing items is on the roadmap but I can't promise any release date yet.

(2014-01-05, 11:19)Mr. V Wrote: 1. Back in April last year you said something about theAudioDB support for scraping music videos. Will this be supported using "artist - song" naming? (Music concerts works great BTW)

2. Can you batch Scrape TV Series I cant seem to figure this out?

3. Is there support for re-scraping only missing information?

4. In tv series there are icons that show what is missing. Is this available for movies and concerts?

5. When you rescrape a movie is your watch status reset?

6. Anyway to import watched status from xbmc? or would you consider trakt.tv support for importing watched status?

1. I haven't added this yet because last time I checked they don't had many items in their database.
2. You can't scrape multiple tv shows at once but you can select a show and let MediaElch scrape every episode.
3. In combination with filters yes: Filter for missing poster, select all movies, scrape only the poster. This will be improved later.
4. For concerts not. For movies: right click on the movie list -> media status columns -> select the items you want to see.
5. The watched status will not be reset.
6. There's a XBMC button in the main toolbar -> "Retrieve watched status" Wink But: it's broken right now and will be fixed with the next release.

(2013-12-29, 22:42)soonerlater Wrote: All of my movies are stored on a NAS. I can access the NAS by UNC path (e.g. \\Louise\Video\Kids\Movies) or by mapped drive letter (e.g. z:\Kids\Movies). No matter which I use, MediaElch finds two of (seemingly) everything. Every movie appears once with the correct path and once with "Shortcut to Movies.lnk" as part of the path. For example:

//Louise/Video/Kids/Movies/Shortcut to Movies.lnk/Astro Boy.mp4
and
//Louise/Video/Kids/Movies/Astro Boy.mp4

or

z:/Kids/Movies/Shortcut to Movies.lnk/Astro Boy.mp4
and
z:Kids/Movies/Astro Boy.mp4

I've searched this thread (but not read the entire thread) looking for my particular issue, but found nothing. The closest that I could find was a guy having duplicates which he solved by disabling "use local cache" (or something like that) in the settings. However, that was a long time ago and the current version of MediaElch (2.0.1) doesn't seem to have such a setting any longer.

What can I do to fix this?

I've already answered your mail: You have a link (shortcut) to your movie folder inside your movie folder. So delete z:/Kids/Movies/Shortcut to Movies.lnk and you're fine.
(2013-12-31, 02:27)soonerlater Wrote: 1. What does it mean that some movies have stars before their names and others don't.
2. Why do some movies have a green "ID" icon while other have a purple one?
3. What does it mean when you have blank entries in your list of movies? I can't show a screenshot, because I've already fixed all of my blank entries.

1. Movies with stars: new movies without nfo file.
2. Green id icon: There's a imdb id for the movie (inside the nfo file), red: no imdb id.
3. Try to refresh the files (refresh button in MediaElchs toolbar).

(2013-12-30, 00:24)saitoh183 Wrote: Is it normal that we cant find new movieset artwork. When it looks for a movieset name like Lion King Collection, it finds nothing but if i remove the word collection, it finds The Lion King.
Support for movie set artwork from tmdb will be added in the next release, for now you can just add posters/fanarts for movies. Because of that there are no search results for "Lion King Collection", but for "Lion King".

Hopefully I haven't missed any post Wink
(2014-01-08, 22:38)Komet Wrote:
(2013-12-30, 00:24)saitoh183 Wrote: Is it normal that we cant find new movieset artwork. When it looks for a movieset name like Lion King Collection, it finds nothing but if i remove the word collection, it finds The Lion King.
Support for movie set artwork from tmdb will be added in the next release, for now you can just add posters/fanarts for movies. Because of that there are no search results for "Lion King Collection", but for "Lion King".

Hopefully I haven't missed any post Wink

Thanks Smile

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Thanks a lot. As i've said you are doing a great job. It deserves a donation!! ;-)
(2014-01-08, 22:27)Komet Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 11:19)Mr. V Wrote: 1. Back in April last year you said something about theAudioDB support for scraping music videos. Will this be supported using "artist - song" naming? (Music concerts works great BTW)
1. I haven't added this yet because last time I checked they don't had many items in their database.

That's fair enough. I was thinking the same about 6 months ago.

A different story now. As time goes on it just gets better, Seems to be lots of stuff added every day. For my music video and music collection it is about 70%. The other 30% im adding to the site slowly. So really if what you want is not in the database can be added with a few mouse clicks.

I have tried pretty much every available media scraper and for me this seems the most stable and does everything I could ever need for TV Series, Movies and Concerts DVD's.

The only thing missing from all the available media managers is music video and music support.

Would be great to see music video's added using theaudiodb and fanart.tv.

I'm sure other people would agree and give the +1 to this to make the perfect media manager.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
I have a little Feature Request:
If you let ME rename a TV-serie, please let ME only reload/refresh the renamed TV-Serie and not all the TV-Series.
Thx
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Finally a media manager that is streamlined!

I'm new to ME, so trying to get my head around it. The usage guide seems not updated, or maybe I'm just dense.

Using 2.0.1, I can scan a movie folder, and it lists the movies, but it seems I must manually search and approve the title of every movie, before it will scrape it. With 2000 movies, that's not practical. I just want it to search and scrape the movie automatically. What am I missing? Surely I just missed it somewhere?
Thanks
cfm56
(2014-01-10, 13:17)Solo0815 Wrote: I have a little Feature Request:
If you let ME rename a TV-serie, please let ME only reload/refresh the renamed TV-Serie and not all the TV-Series.
Thx

Improving the rename feature is on the roadmap for one of the next releases Wink

@cfm56: Just select multiple movies (holding shift) and scrape them Wink But one regression: It's currently broken in the last stable release but has already been fixed in the nightlies.
I absolutely love MediaElch, it does exactly what I need quickly and easily, the ONLY thing I can't seem to work out is how to add information for movie sets? For the individual movies themselves adding details is easy but I can't work out how to add details for the sets themselves? Ideally I'd like something a bit like the following, but in the main sets information...is it possible? :

'' Batman Begins: In the wake of his parents' murder, disillusioned industrial heir Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) travels the world seeking the means to fight injustice and turn fear against those who prey on the fearful. He returns to Gotham and, with the help of trusted butler Alfred (a scene-stealing Michael Caine) unveils his alter-ego: Batman is a masked crusader who will use strength, intellect and an array of high tech deceptions to fight the sinister forces that threaten the city...

The Dark Knight: With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon and newly appointed District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as The Joker.

The Dark Knight Rises: It has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act.''
Is there a key as to what the red and green icons under tv shows mean? It would be handy if there was a hover tool tip.
First icon: poster
Second icon: fan art
Third icon: extra fan art
Fourth icon: thumb
Fifth icon: logo
Sixth icon: clear art
Seventh icon: character art
Eighth icon: banner

Red means absent, green means present.

I might be wrong on some options. I just went through my collection and tested which icon meant what Wink

HTH

Greetz,

_J@N_
MiBox running KODI app (latest)
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
Philips 50PFK5300 | Sony HT-XT100 Soundplate
Scanning my media with MediaElch
Some times when I scrape new tv episodes on the same day of their release, the thumbnail is not yet available on TVDB... It gets added on the next day or so.. How to filter tv episodes who don't have thumb? Is there a possibility of MediaElch being able to create screenshots using ffdshow or something in the future? Also I would like to say that I just rescraped about 105 TV Shows yesterday and MediaElch was blazing through the scraping.. with fantastic speed... Lovely piece of software.. Smile

Edit- Found another way by using Texture Cache Maintenance utility and using option "qa"
~Web and graphic designer... Linux enthusiast... Python Fan... A Gooner~
[AMD A10-7850K 3.7 Ghz, Radeon R7]
[Fedora 27] | [Kodi - 17.6 / Skin - Grid]

I've noticed that it is no longer scraping from IMDB
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9