• 98(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
(2015-02-17, 17:41)Komet Wrote:
(2015-02-10, 03:45)hstegeman Wrote:
(2015-02-08, 02:48)hstegeman Wrote: Since a few days I have problem scraping from http://www.adultempire.com/

By example:
http://www.adultempire.com/1723383/built...ovies.html
The problem is that it doesn't show the poster information.

http://www.adultempire.com/previews/1723...ml#preview

I have the idea that your scraper is expecting the next link:
http://imgs1.adultempire.com/products/83/1723383h.jpg

Perhaps the website did change the source a little bit.

I know how to solve the problem by hand.

<fanart/>
<thumb preview="http://imgs1.adultempire.com/products/83/1723383h.jpg">http://imgs1.adultempire.com/products/83/1723383h.jpg</thumb>

And add the poster by hand too.
Built For Speed-poster.jpg

But that's very time consuming.
Two days past, no response?
I know my question was about adult movies, but this scraper does seam to be a solution for adult movies.

Edit :
The hotmovies scraper hasn't been working for months, the last updates didn't change that.

Please be patient: this is no paid support, I'm just writing here in my spare time and an answer can take more than two days...
I'm not using the adult scrapers and I wasn't aware that there is something broken. Looks like not many people are using them because nobody has reported that the hotmovies scraper isn't working. I'll look into it later but there are more important things.

I don't make use of this program for normal movies and tv shows, why would I?
The universal scraper is just working fine, no problem.
I did donate to this program to make use of adult scrapers, it seams my idea was wrong.
(2015-02-22, 05:55)hstegeman Wrote:
(2015-02-17, 17:41)Komet Wrote:
(2015-02-10, 03:45)hstegeman Wrote: Two days past, no response?
I know my question was about adult movies, but this scraper does seam to be a solution for adult movies.

Edit :
The hotmovies scraper hasn't been working for months, the last updates didn't change that.

Please be patient: this is no paid support, I'm just writing here in my spare time and an answer can take more than two days...
I'm not using the adult scrapers and I wasn't aware that there is something broken. Looks like not many people are using them because nobody has reported that the hotmovies scraper isn't working. I'll look into it later but there are more important things.

I did donate to this program to make use of adult scrapers, it seams my idea was wrong.

At least for my purposes, I use Mediaelch to scrape the data for my TV Shows and Movies so that if I ever have rebuild my Kodi database from scratch I can do so in roughly 30mins to an hour, unlike 6-12hrs using the internal scrapers within Kodi
(2015-02-22, 06:47)isamu.dragon Wrote:
(2015-02-22, 05:55)hstegeman Wrote:
(2015-02-17, 17:41)Komet Wrote: Please be patient: this is no paid support, I'm just writing here in my spare time and an answer can take more than two days...

At least for my purposes, I use Mediaelch to scrape the data for my TV Shows and Movies so that if I ever have rebuild my Kodi database from scratch I can do so in roughly 30mins to an hour, unlike 6-12hrs using the internal scrapers within Kodi
What's the problem waiting for a few hours, just let it scrape when you don't make use of the device. The internal xbmc scrapers for movies and tv shows did always work fine for me.

If you want to speed up the scraping for a xbmc/kodi library from scratch, export the library to nfo files before beginning from scratch. The next time scraping the library will first read the nfo files, it's very fast.
hstegeman, waiting a few hours is no big deal... just walk away and do something else.
But if you want to actually choose your own artwork then the internal scrapers are no good... I guess you can but its a serious pain in the ass compared to the ME interface.
Also Kodi internal scrapers don't do extra fanart as easy and then you have clear art, disc art, banners, logos, etc... I'll take a program like this any day.
All data stored locally and Kodi doesn't even need to be connected to the internet.
(2015-02-14, 07:30)three80 Wrote: I've run into an issue scraping some artists and albums.

Searching for artists such as +44 or ¡Mayday! it fails to find them unless you search for 44 or Mayday then choose the correct one from the results then the problem becomes searching for their albums since it doesn't seem to like the characters in front of the artist name.

Friendly bump.
i am using aeon MQ5 and am unsure about the settings for using your scraper in it. i believe in the settings it asks what scraper i want to use or i can put in a custom scraper. i would think i need to change what scraper it uses - how do i put in mediaelch as the scraper?
(2015-02-26, 16:12)itsratso Wrote: i am using aeon MQ5 and am unsure about the settings for using your scraper in it. i believe in the settings it asks what scraper i want to use or i can put in a custom scraper. i would think i need to change what scraper it uses - how do i put in mediaelch as the scraper?

I set the scraper as local information only, that way only things that have been scraped by Mediaelch are scanned into my library
I'm updating a large amount of my local data that is stored on my HTPC.
This would be a much more speedy task if I could use my main computer to do the work as opposed to doing it on the HTPC.
The problem I'm having is that Mediaelch does not seem to want to save any of my changes over my network. If I change any artwork or download more extra fanart or make and nfo changes, I click the save icon then it just sets it all back to the way it was. Is there something special I need to do to get mediaelch to save over my network?
My sharing permissions on the HTPC hard drives are set to allow full control.

.... there is a network tab in the mediaelch settings but if there is something there I am supposed to do I don't know what it is.
(2015-03-01, 17:38)huttdes Wrote: I'm updating a large amount of my local data that is stored on my HTPC.
This would be a much more speedy task if I could use my main computer to do the work as opposed to doing it on the HTPC.
The problem I'm having is that Mediaelch does not seem to want to save any of my changes over my network. If I change any artwork or download more extra fanart or make and nfo changes, I click the save icon then it just sets it all back to the way it was. Is there something special I need to do to get mediaelch to save over my network?

.... there is a network tab in the mediaelch settings but if there is something there I am supposed to do I don't know what it is.

Assuming your main PC is a Windows PC have you tried creating a drive mapping to the required folder on your HTPC? If your HTPC is not a Windows PC but i.e Linux you might need to install NFS on your main PC.

HTH

Greetz,

_J@n_
MiBox running KODI app (latest)
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
Philips 50PFK5300 | Sony HT-XT100 Soundplate
Scanning my media with MediaElch
(2015-03-01, 17:55)_J@n_ Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 17:38)huttdes Wrote: I'm updating a large amount of my local data that is stored on my HTPC.

Assuming your main PC is a Windows PC have you tried creating a drive mapping to the required folder on your HTPC? If your HTPC is not a Windows PC but i.e Linux you might need to install NFS on your main PC.

HTH

Greetz,

_J@n_

Hey thanks for the reply... yes I am running windows7.
However, I don't really understand what you are telling me to try.
I can move files back and forth freely with windows explorer but ME doesn't seem to want to change anything...

I'll do a search for drive mapping and see if I can figure out what you are talking about.

EDIT>>> Well I tried what I think you meant using instructions from here
http://www.it.cornell.edu/services/guide...p_win7.cfm

This gave me a directory from my movie drive and shows up like this
m(\\Htpc-pc)(Z)
on my main pc.... It has the full directory of my movies and tried editing again with mediaelch and does the same thing...

EDIT#2>>>> GOT IT!
Had to play with a couple more settings on the HTPC.... In the sharing tab I was going to advanced sharing and under permissions selecting full control... this did allow me to do whatever I wanted with the files from my main pc.
To get it to work I went to properties of the movies folder on the htpc and under the sharing tab besides the advanced sharing button there is also a 'share' button. This gave me to option to enable read/write with my homegroup. Read was the only thing selected previously...
Its working but I don't really understand why if without doing that last step I was still able to have full control with windows explorer buy not mediaelch.
As I'm updating my movie collection I'm wondering why the F my Die Hard movies are listed as
Hard, Die
Hard 2, Die
Hard: With a Vengeance, Die
Even though my name, original name and sort title are listed otherwise.

Then it finally dawns on me that the programmer is German (at least I think he is) and Die is a German article for the.
Any way to tell Mediaelch I'm from America and not sort my movies with German articles, LOL.
Here is an annoying glitch....
As I'm going through my movies to update I don't understand why I have to click to the scrape button to get new artwork.
The information is already there as I already have nfo's for all my movies.... This really wouldn't be an issue as it only takes a couple seconds but the problem is when you scrape then it rescrapes all the artwork.
And in doing so it may change existing art work such as poster and logo etc... I already have this and am mainly just acquiring new extra fanart.
Now I am looking at the artwork for different choices but many times I simply want more fanart and am happy with my existing artwork in all other categories and don't want to have to reselect back to what I have.

Why doesn't it just leave my existing artwork as the default if its already there...
(2015-03-01, 19:24)huttdes Wrote: As I'm updating my movie collection I'm wondering why the F my Die Hard movies are listed as
Hard, Die
Hard 2, Die

Then it finally dawns on me that the programmer is German (at least I think he is) and Die is a German article for the.
Any way to tell Mediaelch I'm from America and not sort my movies with German articles, LOL.

Die is German for The (As is the word Der) it might be filtering it as such, sort of like how "The Neverending Story" would be sorted as "Neverending Story, The"
(2015-03-01, 19:50)isamu.dragon Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 19:24)huttdes Wrote: As I'm updating my movie collection I'm wondering why the F my Die Hard movies are listed as
Hard, Die
Hard 2, Die

Die is German for The (As is the word Der) it might be filtering it as such, sort of like how "The Neverending Story" would be sorted as "Neverending Story, The"

Yeah, I said that in my post Wink
(2015-03-01, 19:38)huttdes Wrote: Here is an annoying glitch....
As I'm going through my movies to update I don't understand why I have to click to the scrape button to get new artwork.
The information is already there as I already have nfo's for all my movies.... This really wouldn't be an issue as it only takes a couple seconds but the problem is when you scrape then it rescrapes all the artwork.
And in doing so it may change existing art work such as poster and logo etc... I already have this and am mainly just acquiring new extra fanart.
Now I am looking at the artwork for different choices but many times I simply want more fanart and am happy with my existing artwork in all other categories and don't want to have to reselect back to what I have.

Why doesn't it just leave my existing artwork as the default if its already there...

Hi,

Great you got it sorted. I realize now my hints were a bit vague. Only excuse I can give you is that I don't have a picture of your setup (and I was a bit in a hurryTongue)

About the update glitch: I believe ME is storing what it does in an SQLite database (it does so on my Linux machine). So it has stored the path for the artwork in the database. You have changed the path so as far as ME is concerned there is no artwork. Maybe you can fix this by rescanning your folders?

I wish I could test for you but I am storing my information in a central database that is being used by all my Kodi machines. Come to think of it.... why don't you use the same scenario? In that way you can scrape using your main PC without the need to have your HTPC on. Have a look here: http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL
As an added bonus you can watch a movie or show on your main PC. Say halfway through you decide you want to watch the remainder on your HTPC. You then just have to shutdown your PC, move to the living room and continue where you left of on your HTPC. New or extra HTPC? Just configure it to look at the database and presto. And to top it off: your library is up to date on all your devices. Gosh I sound like a sales person Blush
MiBox running KODI app (latest)
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
Philips 50PFK5300 | Sony HT-XT100 Soundplate
Scanning my media with MediaElch
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9