MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
(2015-03-01, 17:55)_J@n_ Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 17:38)huttdes Wrote: I'm updating a large amount of my local data that is stored on my HTPC.
This would be a much more speedy task if I could use my main computer to do the work as opposed to doing it on the HTPC.
The problem I'm having is that Mediaelch does not seem to want to save any of my changes over my network. If I change any artwork or download more extra fanart or make and nfo changes, I click the save icon then it just sets it all back to the way it was. Is there something special I need to do to get mediaelch to save over my network?
My sharing permissions on the HTPC hard drives are set to allow full control.

.... there is a network tab in the mediaelch settings but if there is something there I am supposed to do I don't know what it is.

Assuming your main PC is a Windows PC have you tried creating a drive mapping to the required folder on your HTPC? If your HTPC is not a Windows PC but i.e Linux you might need to install NFS on your main PC.

HTH

Greetz,

_J@n_

Hey thanks for the reply... yes I am running windows7.
However, I don't really understand what you are telling me to try.
I can move files back and forth freely with windows explorer but ME doesn't seem to want to change anything...

I'll do a search for drive mapping and see if I can figure out what you are talking about.

EDIT>>> Well I tried what I think you meant using instructions from here
http://www.it.cornell.edu/services/guide...p_win7.cfm

This gave me a directory from my movie drive and shows up like this
m(\\Htpc-pc)(Z)
on my main pc.... It has the full directory of my movies and tried editing again with mediaelch and does the same thing...

EDIT#2>>>> GOT IT!
Had to play with a couple more settings on the HTPC.... In the sharing tab I was going to advanced sharing and under permissions selecting full control... this did allow me to do whatever I wanted with the files from my main pc.
To get it to work I went to properties of the movies folder on the htpc and under the sharing tab besides the advanced sharing button there is also a 'share' button. This gave me to option to enable read/write with my homegroup. Read was the only thing selected previously...
Its working but I don't really understand why if without doing that last step I was still able to have full control with windows explorer buy not mediaelch.

Messages In This Thread
MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - by czfj5r - 2013-02-25, 22:26
RE: MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - by Komet - 2013-02-26, 13:17
Slow Performance & Crashing - by kalhua - 2013-02-26, 02:09
Movie Sets artwork problem - by joshjn - 2013-10-01, 16:40
Automatic Title Search and Scrape - by cfm56 - 2014-01-11, 15:49
RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - by huttdes - 2015-03-01, 18:15
Certification - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 15:35
Search Box - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 16:50
File/Folder renaming - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 20:39
MediaElch & Music Scraping - by niksimpson - 2016-05-12, 15:25
Corrupted Install? - by wisnoskij - 2019-07-03, 15:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9