• 106(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
Anyone know how I can remove all files and folders created by MediaElch?
(2015-07-24, 02:45)interconnect Wrote: Anyone know how I can remove all files and folders created by MediaElch?

If you are on Windows and want to remove all fan-art related info this is what you might try: In the root of your media collection you start a search for *.nfo, *.jpg, *.png and directories called .actors and extrafanart. Select all results and delete those files.

Note that you will loose all information in Kodi regarding your media files. You will need Kodi to rebuild your library.

Don't know why you would want this but hey... that's not for me to decide Wink

HTH
MiBox running KODI app (latest)
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
Philips 50PFK5300 | Sony HT-XT100 Soundplate
Scanning my media with MediaElch
There are also a bunch of thumbnails copies. Don't remember where but probably in appdata or mydocuments under a medielch folder.
(2015-07-19, 07:36)steve1977 Wrote: I played quite a lot with MediaElch over the weekend. Very nice tool and would deserve its only sub-forum. See some feature requests below:

1) Display duplicate movies or episodes
2) Include Kodi-compatible tag for 3D movies and show 3D movies somehow different in ME
3) Music sync feature (similar how you already have movies and tvshows)
4) Extract albumart from MP3 first (only scrape if no embedded albumart)

Thanks for considering!!!

Any thoughts on my feature request? Thanks in advance!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Hi.
I installed Ubuntu 14.04 machine Mediaelch of precompiled binaries for Ubuntu.

sudo add-apt-repository \ ppa: kvibes / mediaelch

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install mediaelch

Mediaelch was installed correctly and working properly until their rescue, on network path to an nos in the same LAN, do not save the rescue operation, made the finding of the empty movie folder.

The rescue work correctly if the movie is stored and saved in a folder on the local Ubuntu 4.14, as in Documenti-> Video -> Movie.
(2015-08-16, 10:24)gotham_x Wrote: *snip*

Mediaelch was installed correctly and working properly until their rescue, on network path to an nos in the same LAN, do not save the rescue operation, made the finding of the empty movie folder.

The rescue work correctly if the movie is stored and saved in a folder on the local Ubuntu 4.14, as in Documenti-> Video -> Movie.

I am guessing that ME does not find any media on your NAS but does find media on your Linux machine. Huh

Have you mounted the shares on the NAS on your computer? Or do you point to the NAS by IP address?

Like to help but need more info Wink
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
I put all the storage locations of the nos on ubuntu with the specific file from Gedit, if I open a route network of nas mounted on ubuntu I open it I copy paste etc ... it all works out regularly.

MediaElch is added with the network path to the NAS and open correctly, also runs the scraper to scrape the movies after work scraper, Clik on saves you open the pop-up notification of right and saved operations, but without saving anything, all folders movies scraped are empty.
In addition, after giving the command saves all movies have always scraped the starlet blue instead of orange.

As I said in previous posts, if the movie is scraped stored locally saved correctly.
(2015-08-16, 12:15)gotham_x Wrote: I put all the storage locations of the nos on ubuntu with the specific file from Gedit, if I open a route network of nas mounted on ubuntu I open it I copy paste etc ... it all works out regularly.

MediaElch is added with the network path to the NAS and open correctly, also runs the scraper to scrape the movies after work scraper, Clik on saves you open the pop-up notification of right and saved operations, but without saving anything, all folders movies scraped are empty.
In addition, after giving the command saves all movies have always scraped the starlet blue instead of orange.

As I said in previous posts, if the movie is scraped stored locally saved correctly.

OK, so you have added your NAS shares to the fstab file in /etc You will probably have added options to the mounts. They look something like this:
Code:
[IP ADDRESS of your NAS]:[location of the share]    /mnt/[the mount point on your PC]    nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr

The last piece of text will be different I guess but it is interesting to see what you have there.

It looks like a permission issue on your NAS where ME is not allowed to create files. Can you check what permissions you have on those folders on your NAS?

HTH
It claimed, in fstab / etc I mounted the various direct routes to QNAP nas

//192.168.1.148 /Movie_BluRay_NAS /media/Movie_BluRay_NAS username = admin, password = xxxxxxxxxx, user, auto 0 0

fstab so, to have the network path of nas mounted at boot Ubuntu 14.04

All permits for the parent folder (Movie_BluRay_NAS) and sub-folders are set with all permits active
Hi,

Looks like a Samba (SMB) mount to me but I can be mistaken. Have you tried mounting one of the shares as NFS?

And you might want to try "defaults" instead of "user, auto"; leave the " 0 0" at the end.

I am no expert on smb (and not on NFS neither Wink ) but I think we must be able to get it working.
Yes, all network paths to the nas are all mounted with network protocol (SMB)

I'm also not an expert, if you take example from the line that I provided in fstab

//192.168.1.148 / Movie_BluRay_NAS / media / Movie_BluRay_NAS username = admin, password = xxxxxxxxxx, user, auto 0 0

and places that I modified for NFS and / or default, try to mount again in fstab.

I also did a test, instead of
/ media / Movie_BluRay_NAS
I put the folder mnt
/ mnt / Movie_BluRay_NAS unfortunately without result
//192.168.1.148/Movie_BluRay_NAS /mnt/Movie_BluRay_NAS cifs username=admin,password=xxxxxxxxx,defaults 0 0

Even so can save
I am a bit at a loss here :S

Can you write on the NAS folders with other applications? For example: can you edit a document with LibreOffice or OpenOffice when you open it directly from the NAS (ie the share)?
Hi.
I can change a Writer document, if I access the path installed with root privileges (gksu nautilus) & (gksu caja) Yes, because Mediaelch was installed on 17.2 ExtremaMint unfortunately not saved the scraper.

Other ideas, MediaElch works for you on a Linux distribution?
(2015-08-17, 22:19)gotham_x Wrote: Hi.
I can change a Writer document, if I access the path installed with root privileges (gksu nautilus) & (gksu caja) Yes, because Mediaelch was installed on 17.2 ExtremaMint unfortunately not saved the scraper.

Other ideas, MediaElch works for you on a Linux distribution?

Hmm, that's weird! Can you check what the permissions are on the mounted share? I mean the /media/Movie_BluRay_NAS share on your Ubuntu PC. Think the owner will be root but not sure what the other permissions are.

Yes, I have ME fully operational on my Ubuntu machine. I have been using it for a few years without any problems. I mount my (Synology) shares using NFS through fstab. No issues whatsoever Smile

HTH
  • 106(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9